Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

North American Navion Rangemaster v2.0

For some reason, the North American Navion Rangemaster v2.0 did not get listed on the Front Page as a new upload...:-hmmm Version 2.0 has been uploaded and contains cumulative fixes for some minor issues, as well as a new German registered livery.navionv2.zip:-beerchug

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest JimC1702

I'll bet it shows up on the front page tomorrow. I snagged it last night while browsing the new files in the library. Thanks a lot for the work, Bill, it's a great piece of freeware.JimDell XPS 420 Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3.0 ghz3 gb dual channel 800 mhz DDR2 RAM512 mb nvidia 8800GT500 gb SATA drive 7200 rpmSoundblaster X-Fi Xtreme Music22" Acer widescreen LCDWindows Vista Home Premium

Thanks. Yes, it will be there tomorrow. There was a bit of 'confusion' that occured regarding the first upload, and I had to reupload the identical file again... :-lol

Fr. Bill    

Guest PTisme

Thanks a ton Richie & Bill, I enjoyed the Navion V1, and am eagerly awaiting going home after work and getting this great bird into the sky. :-)

WOW!I'm curious to know what could be done to improve the first version?Thanks ever so much for such a fine contribution!RTH

>WOW!>>I'm curious to know what could be done to improve the first>version?Among a few other minor things, the aileron deflection in the VC was backwards... *:-*

Fr. Bill    

Guest UlfB

Thank you very much for the Navion :-)Ulf B

Guest dallis

First, Thanks for this really good FSX Aircraft, I like it for too many reasons to list here. However I do have a problem with it, after installing ver 2 of the Navion (I deleted the first version) I cannot select any version other than the Navy and the blue/green/white ones. I'm not knowledgible enough about the config and texture files to figure this out on my own, can you help in this area?It is nice to see the aileron deflection work correctly now as I use this model almost exclusively, again thanks for a truly great plane.

Be sure to quit FSX and then restart it.You should not have to do anything to pick any of the five liveries and two panel variations.I just verified the aircraft.cfg and made double-sure it is preset correctly...

Fr. Bill    

Guest Nick_N

More toys??GebuS! What a weekThanks Bill!

Guest dallis

I quit FSX and restarted several times to no effect, the problem seems to have to do with the fact that my default flight (In Free Fight Mode) used the blue Navion (tail number N400?) When I changed that all seems to work well I loaded another flight that used another aircraft (C172 and made that my default) and after loading was able to change aircraft to any of the Navions from you. It was strange before that, as the N400 aircraft would show up in any of the detail pictures no matter what version of the Navion was selected.Again Thanks for the Navion, I've always wanted fly in one and now thanks to you I can at least do it virtually.Dave

Again, thanks for the great contribution Bill!One question: Is there somewhere that I might find more extensive flight data for the bird (i.e. power/Rpm/altitude etc.)Thanks:RTH

>Again, thanks for the great contribution Bill!>>One question: Is there somewhere that I might find more>extensive flight data for the bird (i.e. power/Rpm/altitude>etc.)Start here:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_NavionFollow the external links to locate the Type Certificate, which includes all the data you could possibly want... ;)

Fr. Bill