Sign in to follow this  
mamurray

Wilco E-Jet Series is now available

sorry about the name ron, thinking two persons at once ... my fault.>With that goal in mind we have not hesitated in >our registration requirement and can see no >reason why forum registration requirements >could ever be a minus.:-) GREAT! we agree that both developers' want the best for their users; and have a registration process for the same purposes.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

>>GOOD forum software will allow unregistered "guests">to>>read their forums. They simply cannot post until they>>register.>>>>That is the ideal situation, because "guests" can browse the>>support forums to get some "feel" first... ;)>>>interesting as eaglesoft's product forums are locked behind a>registration process ... w/out registration one can only>view:Scoob, I don't run the forums, Ron does. Those are the ones he's chosen to open to "guest browsing." However, the point remains valid. Good forum software will allow that feature. It's still the site owner's choice to use the feature or not, as they see fit. ;)BTW, it's "Bill" not "Bob"... :-outta

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

>>Good forum software will allow that feature. :)>>correct, which is also why feelThere uses a forum that allows>some to be for registered users only; and others open to>'public' viewing.That's great... As I stated, it's up to the site owner(s) whether to use a feature or not. There are a lot of companies though who don't even have the ability to open any forums for "guest browsing."

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

>GREAT! we agree that both developers' want the best for their>users; and have a registration process for the same purposes.Scoob, while forum registration requirement is a first step to proper vendor support, it puzzles us as to why you and Vic seem to be on the receiving end of so many "poor support" threads in public forums? Haven't visited yours for a looong time so are curious.Seems we see a lot of your support questions here at Avism?

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest fsxmissionguy

Matt,You asked:"why should I register to view a forum ..."Why would you not register?

I will never buy again any Wilco Feelthere product, I submitted 3 times a bug that is also reported by plenty of other users for Airbus vol 1 (windshields appear black or opaque from outside), whenever anybody try to ask about the problem on Feelthere forum, they get the topic locked, whenever I try to submit the problem to Wilco, first they deny it and answer to me instructions about DX10 mode while I m using XP (and that info is in their support form, showing how well they read them), then they faint to only hear about it for the first time, and then they never reply, acknowledge in any way and release any fix about it (it's been more than 6 months now).And when I politely PM a feelthere guy on their forum to explain my point of view about this disastrous support (or rather the lack of support), I simply get ignored, not even a simple aknowledgment.I ve lost so much time trying to report bugs and never seeing anything back, I feel like someone that has been scammed.So, if you don't mind seeing bugs staying there forever and not having any mean to have access to any support, go ahead and buy. I did buy thinking that people were exagerating, but now I've learned the hard way, I won't be caught again. There a plenty of good publishers around (never had any problem with Flight1 or PMDG for example, at least they reply and show consideration), no need to support the one that seem to think customers are idiots.

Guest hherrera

Hi ERJ170DriverI read that you helped the feelthere guys providing them with AOMs and POHs for the 170/190.I am an advanced virtual pilot for the ERJLegacy6o0 (and other planes) and just bought the Ejets package from Wilco, and started my own self-training process. I was wondering whether you would be so kind to help me (, and provide with copies of the AOMs and POHs that you would have on hand for the 170/190. If you decide to help, here is my email address:hherrera@comunikas.comJust thank you for posts and thank you very much if you could send the documentation.... Best RegardsHerminio Herrera

Guest hherrera

Hi UlfBJust wondering whether you would be so kind to share the document your recived with the normal procedures of the EMB190.If you decide so .. my email address is hherrera@comunikas.comThank you very very much in advanced and best regardsHerminio Herrera

Guest PPSFA

>>GREAT! we agree that both developers' want the best for>their>>users; and have a registration process for the same>purposes.>>Scoob, while forum registration requirement is a first step to>proper vendor support, it puzzles us as to why you and Vic>seem to be on the receiving end of so many "poor support">threads in public forums? Haven't visited yours for a looong>time so are curious.>>Seems we see a lot of your support questions here at Avism? I can tell you the difference from my POV....at ES you actually get support.I tried many time to get questions answered at FT/Wilco, all I got was attitude, locked and removed threads, and more attitude. Because of that I deleted the Citation X, still fly the PIC 737, but I will never buy another product from FT, even if its the best on the market. I spend my money where its appreciated and FT aint it.This isnt a 'bash', just stating the facts from my personal experianceXP Pro SP2-FSX SP2AMD FX60-8800GTS-2 Gigs RAMFEX-GEX-UTUSA-FSGenesis-and a bunch of other stuffComputer optomized by www.fs-gs.com

Guys, I saw SP1 was released on Tue 22. How good is it now? Were the flaws reported by the first buyers addressed and fixed in SP1? I want to buy it now but I'm still cautious to hear your comments first. Also, I'd like to know if there are many carriers that operate EMB170/190s in Europe? Any numbers and names, pls?Thank you.

I bought it after the SP release and love it.Pro:- The displays are crisp and fluid (also in VC). You can tweak the refresh rate in a config tool.- The McPhat liveries have an incredible detail. - FPS impact is OK. I have a lock on 40 fps with no traffic and low autogen and it stays between 30 and 40.- What I like most is that I can climb to cruise and then set time compression to 8x-16x. One coffee/beer later it has paused 20nm before TOD.- The FMC includes a fuel planner (not like the real aircraft). Enter FUEL as keyword and it fills up your tanks with the proper amount.- Finally they have a support forum.- Most important: Unlike other FSX vaporware it is available.Problems:- Vnav still has some problems (porpoising).- Overhead panel textures in VC are somewhat fuzzy.- Light splash on the fuselage is visible even if the landing lights are off.- Manual is not very exhausting. For some things you have to refer to other manuals like smartcockpit.com or skim through the forum.- The 190 landing speeds are still missing in the manual.There are plenty of EU operators.See here at bottom of page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embraer_E-JetsAlex

Too bad its only for FSX SP2. I blew thru the requirements page to fast and thought I saw SP1 or SP2 but it was an "and" :-fume . So at least I can use it with FS9 and did get it to work in FSX by swapping out the panel and doing a few mods. Too bad though it seems like a real nice bird.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png