Sign in to follow this  
mamurray

Wilco E-Jet Series is now available

As the subject says the Wilco E Jet Series is now available for download. Wilco must have fixed their past slow server problems because the download took less than 5 minutes for 151 MBs.

Guest UlfB

Hi,There is a thread in the FS2004 forum OT. Seems there is some problem with the AP and Autothrottle systems (there is a link to a German forum where there is a ongoing discussion OT). When you command a change of the ac heading, the AP puts the aircraft in a 45 degree turn, which make the aircraft nose go down. The autothrottle overcompensates and the aircraft goes into a climb and you overshoot your set altitude. Engaging the bank limit doesn't do much to the problem.I've been over at the Wilco site, but they seem to not provide any support forum for this E-Jet Series. I've emailed a question to Wilco if they provide any support forum. Yeah I know, the Wilco support haven't been working OK, but I still have hope that they will get there act together.I would appreciate any feedback on the FSX-version of this aircraft. Is it a ported FS9 model or a true FSX model?Is the AP and Autothrottle systems working OK in the FSX model?No buy for me, yet.Ulf B

Guest fsxmissionguy

feelThere developed the EJet series (according to the Wilcopub website) and may be responsible for its support. I have no inside knowledge, but you may at least post a question at the feelThere forum and maybe get further direction.http://forum.iemit.com/(I gather this is the setup for a lot of the feelThere product line ... where they are the developers and responsible for support, and Wilco is merely the publisher and e-tailer.)Cheers,

Guest UlfB

Thanks for the tip, but as Wilco is responsible for distribution and as such is my legal counterpart, I think that I should wait for Wilco to respond to my email.I have no intention to buy the aircraft before I know if the problems reported by some users are confirmed as bugs and not due to user errors.Edited: There are some posts at the "unofficial none technical forum airplane forum" regarding the E-Jet Series. None of the posts are answered, yet. There is no forum specific for the E-Jet series.Ulf B

Guest abaragones

settle down, look at the link posted above, there is a forum named:PIC EMB forum that is teh one.you need to register and login to see it.

Guest UlfB

Thanks,I've registred and am following the different threads and have posted a question. The support people say that it's normal that pilots disengage the VNAV during descents. I'm not familiar with the E-170 aircraft and it's systems, but it seems a little strange that VNAV is working so bad that you need to disengage it during descent. A user reported that applying spoilers didn't help to reduce exceeding speed during descent as the aircraft automatically retracted the spoilers after a while and applied full throttle. I really hope that this behaviour isn't copied from the real aircraft ;-)I wonder if I shouldn't buy that aircraft after all. Just to examine it myself too confirm if the problems are due to user errors (setting up incorrect performance data in the FMC and such) or to bugs.Ulf B

Guest bjablonka

I had only a short flight with it, AP seems to work ok, spoilers don't work - no reduction in speed. Auto throttle might have a bug in it too, I have it set at 155 knots but engines spool up at 180 knots. Also, takeoff seems to take very long, it looks like not enough power - this however could be operator error, I have only skimmed the instruction manual. Bernd

Does Wilco or Feelthere like Encrypt their cfgs so the user cant remove unwanted paints that are installed?If so Ive never seen anything like that before, I want to get rid of all the paints that I will never use.

Guest UlfB

>Does Wilco or Feelthere like Encrypt their cfgs so the user>cant remove unwanted paints that are installed?>>If so Ive never seen anything like that before, I want to get>rid of all the paints that I will never use.???I just made a test and removed the references to the Finnair paint from the aircraft.cfg and it sure didn't show up in the aircraft listing. Do you by any chance run Vista and have FSX installed on your C drive?Ulf B

I have disabled the UAC already under the administrative rights, so that way it doesnt ask me 3-4 times if I want to save this file cause I made a change to it. I have not yet done what they are suggesting, so I will try it and then report back.Nothing that I do works. The E190s just dissappear if I alter anything in the cfg. I applied full control to bkircher the user and the admin and it did not work. IDK what to do.

>I had only a short flight with it, AP seems to work ok,>spoilers don't work - no reduction in speed. Auto throttle>might have a bug in it too, I have it set at 155 knots but>engines spool up at 180 knots. Also, takeoff seems to take>very long, it looks like not enough power - this however could>be operator error, I have only skimmed the instruction manual.>>>Bernd Lol, it all sounds very familiar, nothing changes there. All these problems existed in ERJ, Legacy and CitationX, accompanied by a lousy stock documentation. I hope they will put something different in EMB, I mean specifically in the way the plane flies and autopilot works. Sometimes I forget which one of those mentioned I'm currently flying, they all twitch and overshoot almost the same way. But I still buy all their smaller jets from Wilco, don't get me wrong here. I really want them to put more efforts in the FDE and Autopilot modelling.

Guest abaragones

bkircher, Two things to try:Head to the old feelthere forum, (google feelthere forums, not through the feelthere website) and there is a guy there that posted a solution in the unoficial forum (something about saving the file (CFG) as UNICODE or something...I had the same problem, and got my E190 back by cutting and pasting the fist FLTSIM.X in the backup cfg folder created by the deluxe (repaints)installer into the new one, for some reason this worked.Hope this helps.

Guest UlfB

>Lol, it all sounds very familiar, nothing changes there. All>these problems existed in ERJ, Legacy and CitationX,>accompanied by a lousy stock documentation. I hope they will>put something different in EMB, I mean specifically in the way>the plane flies and autopilot works. Sometimes I forget which>one of those mentioned I'm currently flying, they all twitch>and overshoot almost the same way. But I still buy all their>smaller jets from Wilco, don't get me wrong here. I really>want them to put more efforts in the FDE and Autopilot>modelling.Yeah, I'm starting to realise what you mean. The anonymous signatures Vic and _ak keep dodging when buyers wonder why the aircraft won't do this or that. No straight answers given, only tips on how to avoid problems. Problems with the aircraft overspeeding and overshooting the descent profile, is met with the question: Did you disengage the autothrottle? Because of this I've got no chance to clarify if the aircrafts behaviour is due to me not using the autoflight system correct or to flaws in the design. Very frustrating, as the aircraft is nice and very promising.I'll continue to test the aircraft some more. Boy, do I look forward to the PMDG release of the MD-11 :-) Even if aircraft isn't perfect, you'll receive professional support and any flaws are acknowledged.Ulf B