Sign in to follow this  
mamurray

Wilco E-Jet Series is now available

Wilco and Feelthere should be run out of town for poor products and support.Phoenix was better and that's saying something!I understand that not everyone wants the complexity of a PMDG or LDS but the basics should still work right.If it's not going to then say so upfront and don't insult users with the 'PIC' designation.The Airbus volume 1 in FSX fiasco was enough for me.Too bad, I really hoped Wilco and Feelthere would get their act together for this one. The E-Jets are a very nice size of commuter jet to be modelled and I was hoping for the best. Maybe after a few service packs (providing Feelthere actually admit the errors are there) it might be worth a shot, but thats a lot of Euros for a less than fully functioning add on.

Guest ERJ170Driver

As a current ERJ-170 FO for Shuttle America out of ORD, I was looking forward to this very much.So much I gave them tons of materials for them to reference (AOM, POH, etc.) I also offered to help beta test.They said, "don't send us large attachements again.....we have all the beta testers we need...". Those attachements were only 10 megs each, what kind of software developer can't handle a 10 meg email?!?Well anyways, they obviously needed more beta tester.I downloaded this last night very excited and was very disapointed.The biggest bug, which I havent seen mentioned yet is the stupid flight director and flight path vector indicator.The green flight patch vector indicator in the real plane banks and moves with the airplane. It's a indicatation of where the airplane is moving in relation to the horizon. Wilco's stays put right on the horizon, but does move vertically.The FPV needs to bank...which leads me to the next big problem.The pink flight director. For example, when you command a right turn 30 degrees right, the pink diamond will bank and move to the right in the real airplane. Commanding, you, the pilot, to steer the green FPV on top of the pink diamond and match it's bank. BUT!!!! On wilco's version, the pink dot moves right, but BANKS LEFT!!! Seriosuly guys, thats a major flaw I noticed after 5 mins.Also, the EICAS decluttering is a major issue for me. The only way to see if you have three down and green is move the flaps from up to 1. Then the EICAS will clutter. There are times in real life where you want to throw out the gear before flaps 1.Also, when the aircraft starts up, you should have the fuel pumps set to auto...but when you look at your fuel status page, it shows the AC fuel pumps to be on. NOT TRUE...when the engines are running, they motive flow pumps are operating and system logic will turn of the AC fuel pumps.VNAV is very buggy. You can't put in speed and crossing resrtictions at certain fixes. And if you do, it doesn't intercept the VPATH at all.Ok, rant over...other than those issues, she looks hot!

Guest ERJ170Driver

>Thanks,>>I've registred and am following the different threads and have>posted a question. The support people say that it's normal>that pilots disengage the VNAV during descents. I'm not>familiar with the E-170 aircraft and it's systems, but it>seems a little strange that VNAV is working so bad that you>need to disengage it during descent. A user reported that>applying spoilers didn't help to reduce exceeding speed during>descent as the aircraft automatically retracted the spoilers>after a while and applied full throttle. I really hope that>this behaviour isn't copied from the real aircraft ;-)>>I wonder if I shouldn't buy that aircraft after all. Just to>examine it myself too confirm if the problems are due to user>errors (setting up incorrect performance data in the FMC and>such) or to bugs.>>Ulf B>Don't use VNAV my left foot!!!!#### that's all I use. Going into ORD, we always get speed and crossing restrictions. We're at FL240, and they'll give us cross STALY @ 10K and 250 kts. OK, just plug that into the FMS, set the altitude to 10k, press VNAV. And it will computer a nice 3 degree decent down, and plan to slow down, just perfectly at STALY. THE ONLY TIME WE DISENGAGE VNAV is when they give us the restriction too late and the FMS can't plan a smooth decent.ARGH!!! hearing stuff liek this is frustrating because I offered my help and they blew me off, and I'm an avid flight simmer.

Guest UlfB

I know,If the real Embraer should have the autoflight systems implemented in the way feelThere have done it, they wouldn't be allowed to fly anywhere. I had some hope that they would get their act together, but I have my doubts.I've managed to get the aircraft to do one autoland. I still have to figure out why my previous attempts failed. No support from feelThere. When I reported back that I succeeded when discoupling the FMS, I got the reply from the signature Vic that "of course you have to disengage the FMS system from the AP prior to an autoland". The manual says nothing about this, and I feel that this is absolute nonsense. But I've received a pdf file with the normal procedures flying the E-190, so I'll study that and discover what should work with the feelThere aircraft systems.Ulf B

Guest ERJ170Driver

>>Thanks,>>>>I've registred and am following the different threads and>have>>posted a question. The support people say that it's normal>>that pilots disengage the VNAV during descents. I'm not>>familiar with the E-170 aircraft and it's systems, but it>>seems a little strange that VNAV is working so bad that you>>need to disengage it during descent. A user reported that>>applying spoilers didn't help to reduce exceeding speed>during>>descent as the aircraft automatically retracted the spoilers>>after a while and applied full throttle. I really hope that>>this behaviour isn't copied from the real aircraft ;-)>>>>I wonder if I shouldn't buy that aircraft after all. Just to>>examine it myself too confirm if the problems are due to>user>>errors (setting up incorrect performance data in the FMC and>>such) or to bugs.>>>>Ulf B>>>>>Don't use VNAV my left foot!!!!>>#### that's all I use. Going into ORD, we always get speed>and crossing restrictions. We're at FL240, and they'll give>us cross STALY @ 10K and 250 kts. OK, just plug that into the>FMS, set the altitude to 10k, press VNAV. And it will>computer a nice 3 degree decent down, and plan to slow down,>just perfectly at STALY. >>THE ONLY TIME WE DISENGAGE VNAV is when they give us the>restriction too late and the FMS can't plan a smooth decent.>>ARGH!!! hearing stuff liek this is frustrating because I>offered my help and they blew me off, and I'm an avid flight>simmer.In this video, you can clearly see I'm decending using FPA, but using VNAV guidence to hit STALY at 10k/250. They gave the clearance way too late and had to decend steeper than 3 degrees.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dpklb7vlSbg

Guest davidvoogd

Another typical Feelthere release - skip having a real beta where bugs get fixed - just release it in beta state - then deny any problems and blame the users for the bugs.I don't get why they do this, they actually make some half decent stuff (once patch 1 or 2 is out) - why can't they just get their "stuff" together from the start?Either way it sounds like it is usuable right now if you don't use VNAV which I can live with, I've been itching to do some Air Canada Embraer flights for a while.

Guest UlfB

Postings like that on the feelThere forum would render you a suspendation, and if repeated you would be thrown out.I read a post today where the poster got this answer to his question about the aircraft overspeeding and overshooting the descent profile: "Read the forum rules before you post"Never the less, the aircraft model is in many ways good, but it won't be a "must have" with the current flaws.Edited: Doen't any developer from feelThere ever post here on avsim? Seems that all other developers participate here, with a few exceptions. Is feelThere not a part of the community? I guess not.Ulf B

Guest ERJ170Driver

>Postings like that on the feelThere forum would render you a>suspendation, and if repeated you would be thrown out.>>I read a post today where the poster got this answer to his>question about the aircraft overspeeding and overshooting the>descent profile: "Read the forum rules before you post">>Never the less, the aircraft model is in many ways good, but>it won't be a "must have" with the current flaws.>>Edited: Doen't any developer from feelThere ever post here on>avsim? Seems that all other developers participate here, with>a few exceptions. Is feelThere not a part of the community? I>guess not.>>Ulf B>I really should post my emails from Fred at Wilco when I asked to help beta test back in April. I offered my services as an active pilot on the ERJ-170 for Shuttle America. He pretty much said all the beta slots had been filled.Well obviously none of them had been in a 170 because the flight director, the flight path vector indicator, and vnav is total crap. The fpv indicator is supposed to bank with the airplane, not stay level with the horizon. THe pink fd is supposed to bank you into a turn, not away from it.View my videos to see how it's supposed to look:http://www.youtube.com/user/ERJ170Driver Everything else is fine.I emailed him back this morning telling him to stop stamping this as "PIC" approved, because clearly, it's a just a title they made up.

Guest JIMJAM

I am starting to get the feeling a few of the developers have written off FSX/SPS ACCEL and are just treading water and waiting for fs11.In the meantime to keep a cash flow, they are coughing up old FS9 developed planes, adding a coat of gloss and fancy adverstising and putting it out there.The same problems that were never fixed are still there and amplified by the fact they are not true FSX planesI am done fooling and wasting $$$ on any addon thats "compatable" "FSX ready" ect ect.I have enough problems already.I get a email from one developers at least once a week, 20% off,weekend special,30% off,fathers day,50% off,summer clearance.I told them to get off their as***,hire some help and come out with a FSX native plane you have been promising for a year.Enought of these FS9 port overs that were not all that great and buggy 2 years ago.The Wilco 737 was fun but nothing to get excited over.The CitationX that I upgraded too was also nothing special.They also get my vote for the worst looking stewardess I have ever seen.Well there was that one that had to turn sideways to walk down the aisle but thats another story.

>I really should post my emails from Fred at Wilco when I asked>to help beta test back in April. I offered my services as an>active pilot on the ERJ-170 for Shuttle America. He pretty>much said all the beta slots had been filled.>Enough said, it explains a lot. Shame, it shows they never intended to put in some soul into their planes. That's what unfortunately always worried me about FeelThere. Otherwise, as someone said, semi-decent. (I wonder how does it feel to be a semi-decent developer, lol?)

I have largely kept away from these sorts of threads, but judging by the threads generated by each sucessive release from feelThere/Wilco Publishing the quality is not getting any better. The one and only product I ever bought from feelThere/Wilco Publishing was there 737-300/-400/-500 and I flew it once, then uninstalled. I apprieciate that it takes skill, time and dedication to create these add-ons, but when you sell your work for money, then it is a different ball-game entirely.You, as a customer have to make an informed decision when buying and the thing flagged in my mind immediately is why the support forum is only offered to those who register? Why are they banding the much outdated "Pilot In Command" title that represented and product that was in another league for its time? Why is there no product information on the developers site?Folks, time to vote with those wallets :)

Matthew Murray

Quote: I had the same problem, and got my E190 back by cutting and pasting the fist FLTSIM.X in the backup cfg folder created by the deluxe (repaints)installer into the new one, for some reason this worked.Hope this helps.End QuoteYes, thanks, I saw the one about the unicode thing.So take the first paint entry in this aircraft.cfg.original or the paint info txt? Then paste it into the current aircraft.cfg?Is that right?

Guest RichUK

I agree with you, Matt.I purchased the 737 3, 4 and 500 series and uninstalled it probably quicker than it took for them to take my money from the credit card. I stupidly even paid for the vista patch. Thinking back on it I was really stupid to have paid even extra to get it to work with my OS. I'm pretty upset that they even charged more money for it to work with Vista when most other developers wouldn't dream of charging money for that. I was really dumb to do that and only did it because I wanted that series of 737 to work for me.Even more stupid was when I purchased their Citation X. So many bugs even after it has been on the market for so long. Some of the cockpit graphics look like they were designed in MS Paint by a 5 year old too. That was another costly ($50) mistake.It seems that Wilco and Feelthere rush to get products out to fill a niche in the market. I truly believe they have no pride in their work. They are no better than Captain Sim, in fact it seems to me that CS at least produce nice looking stuff unlike Feelthere's awful looking rubbish.They have the same attitude as Ariane and Captain Sim too. It is always YOUR fault and their products are doing what they are supposed to do. They have in the past admitted to bugs, but rarely ever fix everything. Their products will never be up to the standards of PMDG and Level-D etc. Reading the post from the real pilot and being ignored kinda sums a lot up for me.I have well and truly learnt my lesson as far as Wilco / Feelthere is concerned. I will never buy another product from them again. The more people know about this the better. I have given them a chance, never once have I sent a rude email or put a rude comment on their 'support' forum, but I do feel compelled to share what I have experienced here.Stay away from companies like Wilco and Feelthere. I really do believe they will never change. After all, they have proved themselves time and time again with their shoddy work. People need to learn that lesson.Rich.

Guest davidvoogd

I wouldn't completely write off Feelthere - the 737, ERJ-145 and Legacy/ERJ 135 are all fairly decent, after they were patched that is. You just have to know what you're getting into.Oh and ya - they are almost stalinist in how they rule their forum - I'm sure not welcome there anymore, nor would I want to bother. It's not worth wasting your time to get all worked up over.That said - I want an ERJ 170/190 with real systems, freeware has great models but the systems are what makes it for me, and by the sounds of it the feelthere is not too bad so I'll be buying it tonight, knowing what I'm getting though. It doesn't look like anyone else is making these planes at the moment either.Also I've had issues with VNAV decents in almost every payware plane even from the big names, I almost always just plan it myself and use FLCH. It seems some airlines do it that way, some don't but it works for me.

Quote: I had the same problem, and got my E190 back by cutting and pasting the fist FLTSIM.X in the backup cfg folder created by the deluxe (repaints)installer into the new one, for some reason this worked.Hope this helps.End QuoteYes, thanks, I saw the one about the unicode thing.So take the first paint entry in this aircraft.cfg.original or the paint info txt? Then paste it into the current aircraft.cfg?Is that right?This is soo frustrating. I have tried everthing and nothing is working.