Sign in to follow this  
mamurray

Wilco E-Jet Series is now available

Guest fsxmissionguy

>I bought it after the SP release and love it.>- Finally they have a support forum.Do you have a link to that forum?Thanks,

How are the frame and gauge update rates in the VC?

Thanks Alex. Can you compare the performance with the Citation X?

>Thanks Alex. Can you compare the performance with the>Citation X?Hey, guys. I've just bought EMB Deluxe package, and to my surprise and to the credit of Wilco/FT I find in my Wilco's account that Legacy FS9 and FSX / CitationX FS9 and FSX are updated with very fresh updates. The only hitch is that after downloading of Legacy_X_2 you need to rename the file and add the *.exe extension.I can't wait to find the updates even if they are very minor. It sends a good sign they care. ;)

Here are some numbers. Boston (Logan Intl.) at noon, Gate A 3, Building Storms weather theme, VC, Engines running, no traffic at all, low autogen, no fps limitDefault Boeing 737-800: 35 fps average Citation X: 36 fps averageEmbraer 170: 34 fps averageNo big variation here.Alex

>Here are some numbers. >>Boston (Logan Intl.) at noon, Gate A 3, Building Storms>weather theme, VC, Engines running, no traffic at all, low>autogen, no fps limit>>Default Boeing 737-800: 35 fps average >Citation X: 36 fps average>Embraer 170: 34 fps average>>No big variation here.>>AlexHi Alex and thank you for the information.I purchased the E-jet standard pack this afternoon and am quite pleased. My frame rates are comparable with the Citation which are very flyable. So far I am actually quite amazed at the quality of the VC and the fidelity of the aircraft digital graphics. There are a couple of issues with the VNAV that are being discussed in the support forum. Overall the plane is in better shape, relative to bugs, than any Feelthere product I have purchased to date. This regional jet is a blast to fly and a lot to learn for a Boeing simpilot. :)One of my issues in the past with FeelThere was the lack of a "real" support forum. There is now a very good discussion forum with both developer and owners concerning issues. http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/191034.jpg

Ho Bob,glad you like it. This aircraft is now my new best good friend ;-).And yes: It is quite different compared to the usual Airbus/Boeing stuff. The automation simplifies a lot of tasks so that you're quickly up in the air - even from cold and dark.Alex

Guest Pro-Sim

I have been reading, but did not want to contribute to this thread but now want to give my honest experiences; I frankly can't believe Eaglesoft support is being compared with Feelthere support.On so many occasions I have seen completes BS and 'fob offs' from D.Scobie and from Vic. I have seen rudeness, arrogance, but the worst thing is, there awful PEDANTIC attitude. someone posts a detailed report of problems, often being constructive and deliberately polite in their communication. The post COULD be really useful to feelthere but so often, the reply is :-"Please sign your name as per forum rules"......with total ignorance to all the points raised!D.Scobie - you know this is true, you do this persistantly on the feelthere forums. At Feelthere, there appears to be absolutely no awareness or focus on customer relations or how they are percieved.When users of the Legacy for FSX found major problems with the add-on after FSX SP2, Vic's response was "this is a FS9 port and we've done enough work for free".What about people (like me) that BOUGHT the product (in my case the boxed version which is advertised as for FS9 AND FSX), specifically for FSX. As often happens, the problem was 'fixed' by a user (not associated with feelthere) posting a replacement texture on AVSIM.I owe feelthere nothing, I've had nothing for free!Contrastingly, I have found nothing but genuinely helpful true support from Ron, Bill and co at Eaglesoft. Consistantly. Period.Two interesting points I'd finally like to make:-1. I actually quite like Feelthere products, although there are often quality issues that the team have no appetite to bother fixing after release. It's the attitude of the aforementioned that puts me off future feelthere purchases.2. Wilco have a rather dire reputation for support but I have always had a lot more positive experiences with Wilco support, as compared with Feelthere.This is al based on real, persistant experiences.Bob.

How in heavens name did you conclude that this thread's topic is Eaglesoft versus Feelthere support? Can't we discuss the pro's and con's of this particular release relative to new owner's experience without off topic sidebar trips? Bob..

Yes, in this thread (after so many pages of comments) I would rather expect posts from the users of the E-Jet package. (I bought it but haven't had a chance to install yet). :)

>How in heavens name did you conclude that this thread's topic>is Eaglesoft versus Feelthere support? Can't we discuss the>pro's and con's of this particular release relative to new>owner's experience without off topic sidebar trips? >>Bob..Beeing someone who is currently looking for a good business jet a/c in all aspects, both the quality of the a/c itself and it's simulated systems but of course also what kind of problems and support you can expect your namesake's post above gave me plenty more information valuable to me compared to your post that didn't give me nothing but only wasted my time...a totally meaningless post and I'm sorry repeating that by writing this piece of text but couldn't help myself after reading it.Bob with one . - thanks for sharing your experiences, much appreciated!! Guess like so many else what I'm really waiting for is Eaglesoft's release of the Citation X 2.0 and I do hope it's not too far away.However in the meantime your input is really good since it stops me from giving my money away to a company that obviously doesn't deserve them nor do they know how to respectfully treat their customers in a professional way considering the HUGE amount of bad stuff I've read about them lately...I know their kind far too well together with their a really excited user after beeing a former customer to another company treating their customers in the very same manner and I think it's important that we the end users spread the word whenever we get the chance and by doing so help each other not wasting our money.

Richard Åsberg

>... so often, the reply is :->>"Please sign your name as per forum rules"quote:You need to read the forum rules you agreed to when you signed up - all posts must be signed with your real first and last name. Thanks.this was posted on 30 july '08 ... name that developer!?--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Are you refering to this post?>interesting as eaglesoft's product forums are locked behind a>registration process ... w/out registration one can only>view:>>News and Announcements! >New Forum Registration!>Eaglesoft and Vista >Frequently Asked Questions >Eaglesoft Discount Coupon Questions>Eaglesoft Ecommerce Purchase Questions >--Correct Scoob. And they will stay that way for the reasons stated here by an experienced forum admin.The fact that registration is required for a support forum should be a comfort to legitimate users who wish to obtain real support.We've setup specific product forums for ease of use rather than having everything strewn about. There is nothing "unofficial" about our support forums and we endevour to make the support experience as pleasant as possible.We also enforce our forum rules stringently so that customers are able to receive support without abuse from other users.At the end of the day we strive for a high level of friendly support but allow no B/S:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png