Sign in to follow this  
scott967

Help - buildings appearing in a hill in Hana Maui

Guest gepender

I have had to reinstall FSX SP2 a couple of times recently. If my memory serves me correctly, the issue that I have now disappeared at some point on my previous PC (underpowered laptop). I have determined that the issue is in FSX, not my UTX NA, Scenery Tech Landclass NA, or FSGenesis Mesh v2. I started from scratch with the installation of the FSX software and addons. How do I eliminate the bogus buildings from FSX SP2?I have a bmp of it, but it is too large to upload.Thoughts?

Guest UlfB

Save it as a jpeg in Paint. Resize it if it's still too large.Ulf B

Guest gepender

Here is the jpg - very strange.Ideas appreciated.

Guest jshyluk

I can think of some very technical solutions, and one simple solution.The simple solution = reduce your autogen slider.Other solutions are technical, and rely on your willingness to muck around with FSX internals. A) Draw an "exclusion field" around that hill to get rid of all the autogen. You will need the SP2 SDK and/or some object placement software.:( Change the landclass tile the buildings are sitting on to something that does not support buildings, like "desert". Autogen depends on the landclass texture tile beneath the buildings. Swap that out, and they should go away. I think there's a freeware program in the AVSIM library for that, but you will also need something that will allow you to work with Excel documents.Those are my ideas, but I am not a scenery guru. Hope that helps!Jeff ShylukAssistant Managing EditorSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

Can't read the coordinates off the JPEG, can you check the BMP and list them? I don't recall any strange building in or around Hana, so I'd like to check it out.And Jeff, "desert" land class for the island of Maui?? Makes a grown man want to cry...

Guest jshyluk

Artic tundra, maybe? All I know is that buildings don't grow on that. And it would be for just one tile. There's probably a grass prairie tile that does not support buildings, either. Or rock. I don't know how green that hill is in real life.If desert was the only one that worked, maybe you could pretend it's just a big sand castle...Makes me think, though, another semi-easy fix might be to play with the terrain mesh slider. You might find a combination of sliders that puts the buildings on land without draining too much detail away from the landscape. Jeff ShylukAssistant Managing EditorSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

I don't think it's autogen, misplaced objects rather. Attached is an exclusion bgl you can drop into addon aceneryscenery to get rid of them.scott s..

Guest gepender

Thanks for the postings and advice. I painstakingly went though numerous setting changes, 1 at a time. I found that the Scenery Complexity slider at Normal eliminated the bogus buildings in/on/around the hill (note - the hill is a real landmark in Hana). That has solved the issue - Autogen can even be set to extremely dense.There is still a bogus hotel sitting on the edge of the water, which doesn't exist in the real Hana, to the right of the hill, - I want to remove it.Thanks again.Gary P.

>There is still a bogus hotel sitting on the edge of the water,>which doesn't exist in the real Hana, to the right of the>hill, - I want to remove it.If you just wait a short time (as it is currently in final stages of testing), the next update to your Ultimate Terrain X USA will address this and the other buildings as well.Jeff

AVSimSig.jpg

Guest gepender

Thanks - I will wait.Gary P.

Guest gepender

Scott,Your bgl worked great - I have the Scenery Density settings back to Extremely Dense - makes the scenery look much better. No bogus buildings on the hill.OK - I am now hooked - what Tool or Tools did you use to create the exclusion bgl? I see a few other little issues there - since Hana is one of my favorite places on earth, I have this idea that FSX should have everything about Hana correct.I can see a project coming my way to spruce it up. ThanksGary P.

>OK - I am now hooked - what Tool or Tools did you use to>create the exclusion bgl? I see a few other little issues>there - since Hana is one of my favorite places on earth, I>have this idea that FSX should have everything about Hana>correct.>I use SBuilderX. It works great for terrain work. A feature is that it will download from Google or Virtual Earth satellite photos to use as a guide. You can also link SBX to FSX and get positions from your aircraft location in slew mode if you need precise positions for small excludes.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/190736.jpgscott s..

Guest gepender

I installed version 1.3, and the bogus hotel no longer appears in the water. It is now on land, but still bogus. I attempted to create an exclude bgl using SBuilderX, attached in the zip file, but it doesn't zap the hotel. See the jpg for the hotel.Likely operator error using the software? I have created several excludes, some work, some don't. I am clueless about why.Advice?Cheers,Gary P.

>I installed version 1.3, and the bogus hotel no longer>appears in the water. It is now on land, but still bogus. I>attempted to create an exclude bgl using SBuilderX, attached>in the zip file, but it doesn't zap the hotel. See the jpg for>the hotel.>>Likely operator error using the software? I have created>several excludes, some work, some don't. I am clueless about>why.>>Advice?Your exclusion works fine for me. Please ensure that it is placed in an active scenery area with a higher priority than UT FSX Object Repositioning. I assume the attempt in UTX was to use the chaletmodern01 library object to "simulate" Hotel Hana-Maui (nice place but a little $$$$).scott s..

Guest gepender

I will check that. You are probably right about the Hotel Hana Maui, The object is in the area where the hotel is located. I have stayed there a few times - lovely.Thanks,Cheers,Gary P.