Sign in to follow this  
scott967

Help - buildings appearing in a hill in Hana Maui

I was going to post a question how to remove autogen trees in a certain small area when I sas this thread. I don't use UTX, but I guess I can still use SBuilderX for that anyway? And if I want to tinker it with a LC tool, which one would you recommend for that?Btw, I can't see Trees checkbox in the SBuilderX exclusion window in the screenshot above, how to exclude them?Many thanks,Dirk.

Guys, does anyone know if SBuilderX can remove the autogen trees where necessary? I can't see an option for the trees in the screenshot above.Thanks.

>Guys, does anyone know if SBuilderX can remove the autogen>trees where necessary? I can't see an option for the trees in>the screenshot above.>>Thanks.In FSX you cannot remove autogen with scenery object exclusions. You need to create an airport background polygon using the SBuilderX polygon tool with the texture set to only ExcludeAutogen (you can mix and match autogen exclusions, flattening, and "maskclassmap" with the airport background type). Despite the name, it has uses besides at airports. SBuilderX is good for LC and WC. You have two options:for small areas you simply select the land class you want and click to insert at the cursor. For larger areas, it is more efficient to create a bmp with colors representing areas of different land classes. Source data for these kinds of bmps can be obtained online, google on global land cover. Once you have your color bitmap, you add it to your project as an image, then set the "class map", which sets FSX LC values to the colors in your image. It is suggested that you use up to 3 compatible land class values for each color, and SBX will randomly mix them for variety. Once you have your class map set, SBX will read the bmp and assign LC values to your project.It isn't directly supported, but you even use SBX to create the population density map. Just create a landclass with landclass values 1-100 and after compiling look for the .inf file in the work subfolder and edit it to population from landclass, then drop the edited .inf onto your resample.exe and you will have a new population density map (might need it to get freeway traffic in places).scott s..