Sign in to follow this  
FalconAF

FSX Helicopter with Floats ???

I must be having an "elder moment", 'cos I can't find a helicopter with floats for FSX. I've searched all the main flightsim forums and libraries, and GOOGLE'd myself to death. Does anybody have a recommendation for an FSX compatible chopper that has floats for water operations (freeware, payware, or a mod to an existing FSX default chopper)?Thanks.Rick

Rick Ryan

Guest jshyluk
http://www.avsim.com/pages/0308/R44/R44.htmThat's the link to my review of the JustFlight model for the Robinson R44, which comes to mind right away.Hopefully, your Google searches brought you to www.hovercontrol.com . That's probably the best online resource for flight sim rotorheads, and they would have good answers for you. Jeff ShylukAssistant Managing EditorSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

Jeff/Barry,Thanks guys. Man...this is kinda embarrasing. I never knew about the Just Flight R44, so that was a heads-up for me. But...I've been to the HoverControl site numerous times, and even HAVE the Piasecki INSTALLED in FSX. I never noticed it had a float version before. DUH!Crawling under a rock to hide now.... ;-)Rick

Rick Ryan

>Jeff/Barry,>>Thanks guys. Man...this is kinda embarrasing. I never knew>about the Just Flight R44, so that was a heads-up for me. >But...>>I've been to the HoverControl site numerous times, and even>HAVE the Piasecki INSTALLED in FSX. I never noticed it had a>float version before. DUH!>>Crawling under a rock to hide now.... ;-)>>RickHmm - based upon some other posts of yours, you seem to be having quite a few "elder" moments lately, Rick. It's called Sometimers - sometimes you remember and sometimes you don't.Remember, the memory is the FIRST thing to go! I forget what's next.:)VicQ6600 G0 CPU 2.4 o/c 3.65Evga 680i A1 with P31 BIOS 2G XP2-8500 DDR2 1066FSB Mushkin 996535 RAM 5-5-4-12-2T320G 7200 HD partitioned for XP/Vista/Programs 2 - 74G Raptors in RAID0 500G 7200 HD for backup SATA DVD burner Evga 8800GTS 640 PCIx XG 174.74 702/1620/792Kandalf LCS case w/ built in liquid cooling 850W Thermaltake power supplyVisit the Virtual Pilot's Centerwww.flightadventures.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-supporter-sigbanner.jpg

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

LMAO !!! Yeah Vic...it can suck getting old(er)! ;-)What happened with the Piasecki install is that the FSX aircraft selection screen places the float versions (2 of them) all the way at the BOTTOM of the aircraft display list, because the names of them start with a "V". So I was scrolling down to the Piasecki's in the screen display (they start with a "P") and not looking any further down the list. Never scrolled down far enough to see the float versions in the aircraft list. I thought when I had downloaded the Piasecki it had a float version, but when I looked at the list of Piasecki's (the "P"s) in the aircraft display list, there weren't any there! And even when you get to the "V" version in the list, if you aren't all that familiar with the aircraft, the picture wouldn't jump out at you to indicate it is a float version. If you click the "details" thingie to list the aircraft information, that is where you will find out it is "floatable". ;-)Rick

Rick Ryan