Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Wilco/Feelthere's Cessna Citation X

>I'm in no way shape or form bashing Eaglesoft, like I said>earlier the Twin Comanche is one of, if not my favorite GA>aircraft in my hanger, with one of the greatest flight models>ever (not to mention the nicest staff), but when someone pulls>off a Corp. Jet with a VC like the Comanche's or the Piper>Cheyennes.....I'm all over it. Again just my humble opinion.>>>Thomas R. Bye Jr. (T.J.)Again, thanks for your consideration here but you seem to be confusing so called "from the ground up" FSX/SP2/DX10 Compliant products as a quality standard.It's quite possible to reach the same quality in models which are not "from the ground up" FSX/SP2/DX10 Compliant.To be specific, the quality you appreciate is actually a product of the level of difficulty in the actual aircraft coupled with the proper tools and skill set of the modeler/team who performs the work. This is true regardless of whether the model is for FS9 or FSX.We doubt you'll see a complex Corporate Jet with the same type VC that you see in GA aircraft because there is simply too much to model in too little space. Hope this helps:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

>I own all the FSX jets from Eaglesoft - and I would HIGHLY>recommend the Citation II as the BEST in all areas. She is>the easiest on FPS, the VC is exquisite, outstanding flight>modeling just to name a few. >>I'm looking forward to the CJ1+ and the 2.0 version CX, but>for now the Citation II will fit your needs.>Thanks for your input, I will definitely have a look at the Citation II

Richard Åsberg

Thomas,If you find some good info on how the new VC looks please let me/us know since I also consider buying one of these a/cs. Will do some searching myself now.

Richard Åsberg

Guest RichUK

If you guys want a corporate jet then you can't go wrong with Eaglesoft. I have several of their aircraft and they are superb. I have never purchased an Eaglesoft product and felt disappointed.I did make the mistake of buying the Wilco/Feelthere Citation X because of the FMS. This, as I've said before, was a costly mistake. I wish I had just waited for the new Eaglesoft aircraft.I have been a customer of Eaglesoft pretty much from the start. I remember very well when I purchased my first Eaglesoft aircraft. I was blown away.Rich.

Guest PPSFA

I have all the ES jets and the Feelthere X. I deleted the Feelthere X and buy any ES product they produce, sight unseen, I have that much confidence in them, if that helps you. BTW, the ES X is outstanding and for high alt, high speed, is my only choice ( aint nothing like the view from FL 410 at mach .89 :-)XP Pro SP2-FSX SP2AMD FX60-8800GTS-2 Gigs RAMFEX-GEX-UTUSA-FSGenesis-and a bunch of other stuffComputer optomized by www.fs-gs.com

Hi Rich,I'm not sure if I should go for the Citation II SP or the CJ1, if you have both of them which one would you recommend?Also I was informed a FMS package will be released very soon for the CJ1 and since I do lots of flying from flightplans a FMS would suit me fine which might have me choose the CJ1 a/c for that reason alone but maybe the FMS package will be released for the Citation II SP as well...?Also wondering if it's stupid to buy the a/c now before the FMS addon is released if there once it has been released will be some kind of bundle to a reduced price where you will get both the a/c and the FMS in one package. I have asked an Eaglesoft representative about this in another thread but haven't received an answer yet.And hey...thanks for beeing one of those who was kind enough to warn the rest of us about Wilco/Feelthere products...I was really close buying their Citation X and after all I've read about Wilco the last couple of days I'm very pleased I didn't!!

Richard Åsberg

Yes, it has become quite clear after reading all the posts in here about business jets which company most people choose and which company most people say they will never do business with again...;)Very much appreciated!!A question, you say you have all ES jets and from your post you recommend the Citation X rather than the Citation II SP or the CJ1 even though the Citation X isn't a real FSX model as I understood it?

Richard Åsberg

Rich, please feel free to visit our site and register to browse our support forums. There you will find information to help make an intelligent decision about what you wish to own and what we are actually offering.Much better than speculation:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest RichUK

Well right now I really enjoy the Citation II SP. However, like you, I like an FMS. If you want an FMS in any corporate jet I would wait a little while and see what new stuff Eaglesoft has to offer. I have no idea whether Eaglesoft plan to update the CII with an FMS or whether this is only for the CJ1. I guess we'll both have to wait to see what Eaglesoft say about that.Hold off a little while longer, you'll probably be glad you did. Sorry I can't give a more definitive answer. We're at a stage now where updates are on the horizon, and like you, I have no idea what Eaglesoft plans to do with them.Oh and regarding Wilco/Feelthere..it's my pleasure! I'm glad I saved you some money to put towards a quality product in the near future.Rich.

Guest RichUK

Yeah that's another consideration. The Citation II and CJ1 are quite slow for bizz jets. Obviously the Citation X is as quick as is currently possible. If you do long flights or want to get somewhere fast you might consider the X, otherwise consider the others.Rich.

No plans at this time to do a CII/FMS Package.The CJ1+/FMS Package will likely replace the current CJ1 product line at a higher pricepoint so if interested in the current version we would encourage you to get it while you still can.Again there is more info at our support forum:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest PPSFA

>A question, you say you have all ES jets and from your post>you recommend the Citation X rather than the Citation II SP or>the CJ1 even though the Citation X isn't a real FSX model as I>understood it?Your original question was about the X, so I tried to answer that. To expand a bit, for normal everyday flying, I fly the CJ1. It is not that fast for a jet and is good to the medium flight levels, but thats where I like to fly most of the time. For flights under 1000 miles its my plane of choice.I have the CJII as well but I like the CJ1 better.For longer flights, I fly the X as its unbeatable for that. Burn off some fuel, step climb to FL 410, set it to mach .89, and sit back and enjoy a spectacular view while covering ground very fast.I see they are going to upgrade the CJ1 to the '+'. I will definatly look at that, as I have seen the numbers for it in some flying magazines and it looks impressive. The CJ1 is my favorite because it has decent performance, but it also can get in and out of very short unimproved fields, which I use a lot. I fly multiplayer with a group of guys, and we have made many 'RTW" flights using it. I try to give the guys a bit of a challange once in a while, nasty weather, high altitude fields, short runways, etc. Not once has the CJ let us down. In summary, if you want to fly at 15-20K at 300 kts, the CJ is the plane, if you want high, fast, and long, go with the X. I fly em all because every day is different :-). No matter what you choose from ES, you wont be dissapointed.I probably have 1000+ hours in the CJ1, and 200 in the X, the X goes so darn fast its hard to build time :-)Hope this helpsXP Pro SP2-FSX SP2AMD FX60-8800GTS-2 Gigs RAMFEX-GEX-UTUSA-FSGenesis-and a bunch of other stuffComputer optomized by www.fs-gs.com

Thanks ALOT for all good input guys, I really appreciate it and I feel quite sure about going after the CJ1 which seems to offer what I want - a medium haul a/c where my current Piper Cheyenne feel a little bit too week/small but my LDS767 on the other hand feels to big.One final question for you Ron and I will also visit your forums like you suggest, if I buy the CJ1 now will I then need to buy the new CJ1 again or will you offer some upgrade path for current CJ1 owners?

Richard Åsberg

Guest mephix

>Thomas,>>If you find some good info on how the new VC looks please let>me/us know since I also consider buying one of these a/cs.>Will do some searching myself now.I haven't been able to find anything. :( There was one CJ1 FSX video here:

I don't know if this CJ1 is FSX or FS9, but it's VC looks nicer then the FSX video above:
Nothing at all on the Citation II other then the 6 or so screen shots on their web page. I've even registered at thier forums and it opened up a screen shot section, but no shots of the new upgraded version of the Citation II VC.Hey this isn't a jet, it's a turboprop, but it'll get up and go, might check this out as well if you haven't bought it already:
Let me know if you find anything on the Citation II.Thomas R. Bye Jr. (T.J.)

Upgrade path in the form of a 30 Day blanket discount coupon has been our norm for over a year now. That has proved to be a benefit to customers.:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png