Sign in to follow this  
FalconAF

Add on's for FSX

That is some great sound advice....I was thinking about Nod32 or bitdefender for antivirus and do you have any suggestions on a good defrag and registry software?RegardsLamar

Regards

Lamar Wright

Guest harleyman52

AVG FREE.....FlawlessIObit Defragg FREE FlawlessBeen using them for years.....

Lamar:I just ran their (DM) configurator against the Cyberpower machine that I just ordered and am waiting delivery on. For what is basically identical machines/components, they came it at 50 percent more expensive than Cyberpower, or $600 more. To me that is not insignificant.Further, Cyberpower has really "grown-up" from the days of old into a major game player in the computer business.Bob (Las Cruces, NM)

Guest jshyluk

Nobody has mentioned anything about controllers...If you have money to burn, I would reccomend getting the best controllers you can afford over any software add-on. The top of my list is a TrackIR. After that, a good joystick or yoke with a throttle control and some rudder pedals. That ought to take care of any extra money you might have. Flight sim is not as good as the eye candy, it's as good as the controllers you have at hand, at least that's how I see it.Jeff ShylukAssistant Managing EditorSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

Hi Jeff... I agree. I've been flying fs9 since new and I have CH yoke, rudder peddles, throttle control and have been very satisfied with them. Over the last 4 years I've built up a nice fs9 sim program and now I'm going to try my luck with fsx.RegardsLamar

Regards

Lamar Wright

Thanks harleyman... sounds like we will about have the same set up!! My computer should arrive week... Christmas in July... Different subject... I registered for DS forum and never got my activate email from DS... (All correspondence has been by phone) Mark from DS said that Some ISP's block their email for some reason? My ISP is Bellsouth also and I went into email options allow list and added them to the list... no help, still cannot receive email from them???? any ideas?RegardsLamar

Regards

Lamar Wright

Guest harleyman52

Wow..Thats strange..I had no problems getting into the forums at all....I do not however ever get any of their auto updates like shipping and tech support stuff..Never had the first one from.....They say to look in your junk E-Mail folder as a lot go there,but with bellsouth there is no junk folder...I would call Alex...He's co-owner and can get you set up over the phone probably.....I have his private extension but don't want to post it in public...Shoot me an E-Mail and I'll send you his info..Then you can call Monday and get on the forums.....I really don't remember if I had to wait for a comfermation to get in or not....Just let me know....Once you are on the forums you can ask any question you want and Alex at some point during the day see it and answer..He's good about that...Mark is pretty cool guy too..he's fairly new...

Guest mephix

-track IR and Triplehead2go-UTX, FEX, MyTrafficX, Fly Tampa's St. Maarten/Kai-tak-Digital Aviation's Piper Cheyenee, Real Air's SF260, Level D 767, PMDG 747, and last but certainly not least Captain Sim's masterpeice C-130XMy 2 cents T.J.