Sign in to follow this  
Guest SuperFortress

FEX/SHD 4096 Textures Problem

Guest SuperFortress

A few weeks ago, in another post, I wrote that I was having a CTD every time I would start a flight I would get a crash relating to D3D9.DLL. The problem seems to have begun right after I installed the SHD update for FEX but I still wasn't 100% sure. I uninstalled FEX/SHD. I then installed the new Nvidia 175.19 drivers and then finally reinstalled FEX/SHD. Things seemed ok for a while. Then the problem returned and this time I was able to confirm that the problem was caused by SHD because I was able to recreate it easily now.The problem only occurs if I use 4096 textures. Actually I can install 4096 textures just fine but if the FSX.CFG contains TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096 then the crash will occur. If I change the value back to 1024 then everything is fine once again. Furthermore the crash now states that it's related to NTDLL.DLL but sometimes it will once again say D3D9.DLL. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Guest danny68

Reading at simforums there is a possible problem with 4096 32 bit textures. As far as I know this is resolved if you use DXT5 for 4096.If you do have a support problem it's best to post on simforums anyway as you'll get support there.

Guest SuperFortress

>Reading at simforums there is a possible problem with 4096 32>bit textures. As far as I know this is resolved if you use>DXT5 for 4096.>>If you do have a support problem it's best to post on>simforums anyway as you'll get support there.I think that switching to DXT5 did the trick. Running perfectly so far. Thank you very much.My next question is DXT5 worse than 32bit in any way?