Sign in to follow this  
Guest airbus2

Vista

My son needed to buy a PC and a well-known and Inland Revenue approved business accounting package. (He's in graphics so normally uses Macs but it was cheaper to buy a new PC and package rather than pay the inflated price his existing supplier wanted for his existing Mac package!)He bought the PC and package at PC World (a leading UK supplier) who told him to get a PC with XP because there were problems with the package under Vista.

Guest airbus2

Get a pc with XP, somthing i am finding impossible to find (on any high end system). I work at Maplin (an electronics shop) and we get dozens of phone calls a day asking if we have XP in stock, which we dont. One guy phoned asking, he said that Vista was running like a pig on his system sold to him by PC World who also said that his laptop would be fine with Vista:-roll We had another guy who said that he wanted a Vista upgrade, i said fine and asked out of curiosity what OS he had at the moment to which the reply was, "Windows 95, i ve had it for ages"Regards,Dave

Guest PARADISE

I'm not too computer savy when it comes to operating systems and what is needed to run what, etc. How hard, or feasible is it, to replace Vista with the Windows XP that is on my current system? Assuming I were to buy a new system, could this be done and would it make sense?John M

Guest airbus2

Edit, i misread the above post and what i said was a load of rubbish, ignore me :-shy Dave