Sign in to follow this  
Daveo

Do not respond to provocative posts!

Guest UlfB

Our new member jchalmers (probably former S.G. Kofi Annan) have posted a provocative post here in the FSX forum and in the FS2004 forum.I believe it was a mistake when I and other community members responded to his/her posts. It's natural to do this. Let us try not to respond. It might be that our replies motivate him to go on. Just send an alert to the mods if you feel bad about the post.The advice not to respond was given in a now removed thread, and I've thought a lot on this since yesterday. I've forgot who gave the advice, but I'm greatful that he did.Ulf B

Good idea. Although I did just respond to the latest. I'm with you, no more responses to the idiots out there.

Jim Wenham

Guest fsxmissionguy

Rather than respond to the post, what should occur is that such posts should be alerted to the moderators.That's what moderators are for ... to moderate participation. Participation in this forum is by invitation of the guy who owns the forum.So, when you see a post from a troll playing whack-a-mole, don't reply, instead click Alert in the lower left-hand corner of the post.

Guest JIMJAM

Compared to other gaming forums, AVSIM is civil,sterile and the average IQ of its members 3x higher than them. Im talking about the multiplayer,shooter forums.So I think its kinda fun to have a Jerry Springer moment from time to time.:-badteeth I know,I know ,dont feed the trolls but its irresistible and entertaining to me.Whats funny, is that if you post of those forums, show some education,use manners,grammer,good spelling and every other word is not "killer" "awesome""pwned" YOU are the trouble maker and will get flamed,banned!

Guest UlfB

>So I think its kinda fun to have a Jerry Springer moment from>time to time.:-badteeth An alternative for you would to spend some time on a shooter forum whenever you feel that the Avsim forums are a bit boring ;-)Ulf B

Guest JIMJAM

I threw all my pc games in the trash and bought a PS3.When the game works the 1st time,never crashes and you can actually play instead of fumble with settings, the forums are pretty dull except for the stray, X-Box vs PS3 thread.Now the PC shooter forums resemble the Wild West with no moderation,NO support and are basically outlets for people to vent their frustrations.When "reinstall your OS system" has become the first troubleshooting recomended action to take, I see the death of PC shooters coming.I find YouTube a great place to a endless variety of flamefest,personal attacks and other mindless postings.Better yet, you can SEE them in action.It seems smashing Fluorescent Tubes against your body has become a fad. There are rules of etiquette when hitting your buddy across the face.Does kinda make post about defragging and ram timings seem a little,aaah slow:-lol

This guy does not have anything better to do then to just keep polluting forums.We can just be sorry for him.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

>Our new member jchalmers (probably former S.G. Kofi Annan)>have posted a provocative post here in the FSX forum and in>the FS2004 forum.>>I believe it was a mistake when I and other community members>responded to his/her posts. It's natural to do this. Let us>try not to respond. It might be that our replies motivate him>to go on. Just send an alert to the mods if you feel bad about>the post.>>The advice not to respond was given in a now removed thread,>and I've thought a lot on this since yesterday. I've forgot>who gave the advice, but I'm greatful that he did.>>Ulf B>Heh ,yea I read that one also and really bit my fingers not to reply to it but I did have a keyboard full ready to go.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png