Sign in to follow this  
Mace

UTX Europe.. Having fun!

I'm have a ball flying Europe with UTX Europe installed. FSMap and FSDiscover add a wonderful wealth of information concerning local landmarks. UTXE seems to follows as close as UTX USA concerning roads, lakes etc. I have been to Asia and Australia, but never Europe. It is great fun to explore the different countries and landscapes.So far, my favorite area to fly is Norway for beautiful rivers, valleys and hills. I'm currently spending a lot of time flying around Germany with the help of FSMap and FSDiscover. With the proper equipment, this sim can deliver a terrific experience. Bob..

Yes FSX can be a lot of fun at times.I use FSGenesis, GEX, and UTX USA and UTX Europe.I have been flying around Germany and it seems very flat. Have you noticed this? Is Germany basically flat?

No, Germany has got a lot of hills and mountainous terrain. There's the Sauerland and Schwarzwald. Would be kind of funny if the mountains started at the exact borders with Austria and Switzerland, right? :)The northern part of the country is mostly flat though.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

>Yes FSX can be a lot of fun at times.>>I use FSGenesis, GEX, and UTX USA and UTX Europe.>>I have been flying around Germany and it seems very flat. Have>you noticed this? Is Germany basically flat?The n part is indeed flat as a pancake. But try flying from Trier, along the Mosel River, northeast toward the Rhine River, then south along the Rhine. You can fly low in the valley imagine vineyards and castles perched along the sides of the valley (it's that way in real life). Those hills are so steep it's hard to walk up them.Also there are hills over by Shoengleina airport and the Harz Mountains (of Night on Bald Mountain fame)RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB