Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sirocco

Landing anomoly with CRJ700

Guest Sirocco

I'm coming in to land at Brussels in a CRJ700. I have autopilot on approach, having just turned off altitude and speed autopilot. I've zeroed autopilot speed. I'm descending around 700fpm, flaps at 30, speed around 140. Now for some reason the aircraft keeps wanting to nose down; I yo-yo as I'm trimming it back where I want it. Then it worsens and the oscillation magnifies. I can just get the nose level with full back stick and trim. What's happening?

Don't fiddle with the trim during landing!If you are properly established on your approach, all you need to do is apply a slight backpressure on the stick/yoke to flare for landing.That is NOT the time to be fiddling with the AP, speed hold or trim... *:-* Also, the schedule calls for: 77,000 lbs (flaps 45) 145 KIAS to59,000 lbs (flaps 45) 125 KIAS

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Sirocco

Well, you have to get established on the glidepath to begin with, and remain on it. And wind conditions have a habit of messing your descent up, at least in my experience. If only all descents were as easy as the Rod Machado lessons.

Guest JIMJAM

I landed the 747 at St Barts which even for the most daring pilots with planes designed for short landings.I have seen vids of people landing the 737 on the carrier so do not take the flight models in FSX to serious.The Crj700 to me feels wrong and I do not even fly it.

Guest Sirocco

I went back to Brussels with pretty much the same result; Full back stick and trim to keep the nose up on final after a normal descent, and then *whoosh" it pulls free and the nose leaps up.

Guest Sirocco

>I landed the 747 at St Barts which even for the most daring>pilots with planes designed for short landings.>I have seen vids of people landing the 737 on the carrier so>do not take the flight models in FSX to serious.>The Crj700 to me feels wrong and I do not even fly it.I worked hard on my landings on the Learjet and I could set that up to follow the GS without intervention, but every CRJ700 landing so far has been less than straightforward for me. Either it's not right for me, or I'm not right for it.