Sign in to follow this  
Chalkman

FSX Acceleation

Guest charge8sr

im lost and confused. i just got the expansion pack and it will not install on my computer. each time it has a different reason. it calls out missing or corrupt files. a different one each time. any advice for me? pleeeaaase?

Guest fsxmissionguy

You haven't provided enough information:1) Where did you buy it?2) Is it on CD-ROM? or DVD-ROM?3) Any chance it is a bootlegged copy?Which version of FSX are you using (version number).

Guest charge8sr

got it from best buythe box says PC DVDand i just installed FSX onto the computer so there are no updates. FSX Deluxe

>i just installed FSX onto the computer so there are no>updates. FSX DeluxeWhen you say you just installed FSX, have you started it up at least once? The first time FSX runs it creates a number of configuration files in various locations and maybe this is what your Acceleration install is complaining about.If not, it sounds like a problem DVD or a hardware issue.Jeff

AVSimSig.jpg

Guest charge8sr

no, i have exchanged it once at the store but still the same issue, as for FSX im on it all the time, all i was trying to illustate there was the lack of updates, but, the expansion says it installs those for me. what i dont get is that its a different corrupt file each time.

Have you installed FSX SP1 before trying to install Acceleration?Cheers,Noel.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

Guest fsxmissionguy

Yes,You should install it this way:1) Install FSX (regular or deluxe)2) Run FSX once and let it build database files.3) Install SP14) Run FSX (to make sure it still runs)5) Install Acceleration (this installs SP2)You should then be all set. If Acceleration, at that point, complains about missing or corrupt files, then you have some other issue related to your computer most likely (bad disk, or some other problem).Cheers,

If you are cverclocked try turning it off.Install Windows Installer 4.5.I just had the same problem trying to install GEX. I cryed help and NickN said to check my memory. I used Memtest86, latest version, and it showed 15 errors. I replaced the 2x1MB Corsair sticks with the same type memory. GEX loaded fine. I had to istall the OOM fix to stop out-of-memory crashes, even though I only had 2MB and 2x8800GTX 768MB cards.Dave

If accel includes sp1 (which I understood it does) why install sp1 separately?Don

I've installed it (sp1, no sp1 then Acccel) both ways, and haven't noticed much difference.