Sign in to follow this  
Guest JIMJAM

Eaglesoft Premiere 1

Guest bjablonka

Has anyone tried the new Premiere 1 from Eaglesoft? I like their planes but I just want to make sure that this one is of their normally great quality.ThanksBernd

Guest JIMJAM

Well,aaahhh,uuummm.Its late but I took a quick flight and its ok.I am using a 32 inch LCD 1920x1080 and the vc is almost unreadable.The fonts, numbers are fuzzy.This is a BIG LCD and I cannot read the airspeed,altitude ect unless I zoom in.Just like their citations and X,I do not undertand why they insist on making it so hard to change numbers on the radio.You have these incredibly small click points that are + and -.Its just a unneeded frustraton and time eater fumbling with such a simple task.A small knob, is it the top left,bottom left, naaah up a little,naaah to the right.Dam, passed it,back to the bottom.Add some turbulence and I am puliing my hair out.For crying out loud,just have the radio numbers increase and decrease by simply using the mouse wheel.The outside model looks great and its a sharp looking plane.Its fun to fly but overall I consider it a "value" addon.The vc is pretty barren and do not expect to be visually blown away as the interior IMO is very dated.BUT........The fps and performance was good. I could barely make it out of the teens with their Columbia with its detailing and complex avionics.So while this might no be be taken as a glowing review, I actually think I will enjoy the plane as I can actually fly it with a respectable performance level and keep my high detail settings with all the addons. GEX,FEX,UTX ECT ECT.I actually prefer a streamlined performance oriented plane over one that kills my performance and I have to start rolling back my sliders and tweakingjust to be able to fly it.So while the other addon maker is selling basic,no frills jets and blackhawks for $50-$60, this is actually a good deal.

Of course she's "dated". Schedules will not allow doing any more than has been done nor will this pricepoint.The "basic" FMS includes radio tuning capabilities so give it try.All in all a fun little no frills jet at a no frills price :-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

>>For crying out loud,just have the radio numbers increase and>decrease by simply using the mouse wheel.>Yes good idea! The RealAir SF260 lets you tune radios and turn other knobs by clicking the knob and dragging the mouse up or down! Turbulence is never a problem with this method. I wish FS11 would include this ability as standard (as well as mouse wheel scroll to turn knobs).

Matthew S

Guest bjablonka

Thank you Jim, I appreciate your detailed review. I think I wait.Bernd

I have it and I love it. The text is a little fuzzy. That's the way it was in FS9. I don't have trouble reading anything important. This is my fav little jet. I use 1900 x 1200. No fps hit at all. They just fixed it up to run in FSX. And that's ok for me. Maybe in the future they will re-do it completely.

>Of course she's "dated". Schedules will not allow doing any>more than has been done nor will this pricepoint.>>The "basic" FMS includes radio tuning capabilities so give it>try.>All in all a fun little no frills jet at a no frills price>:-)Thanks for fixing it up to work in FSX!

Mcrash, thanks for the kind words and you are welcome. :-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

The Premier1 download file has now been updated to address a few issues and include a few configuration changes and behind the scenes updates and a new Royal Canadian Mounted Police livery as well. :-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest JIMJAM

I have been flying her but something just is not right.The plane behaves like all the weight is along its centerline,as if its suspended below the plane from a rope.As is the CG was below the plane.If i enter a turn in any other plane,say the lear, it tends to want to hold that bank.This plane wants to "snap' back as if to right itself.There is also alot of deadzone,slop in the controls. I eliminated the deadzone and made some joystick adjustments but its still very sloppy and I cannot stay on top of it.Landing, I cannot find that groove and hold it as the plane is fighting me. My imputs are slow to respond and the plane always wanting to right itself makes it difficult.Anyone else having this problem?I have tried reducing the fuel.What if any .cfg changes might help.Thanks, Jim

Guest bluedoggie

Whoa JimJam I have the same exact issues and I just purchased and downloaded the bird a couple of days ago - April 2009! Based on the dates of these messages I doubt there is much hope in getting this thing to fly in anyway remotely like it should. I have ES's Citation X, Citation II, CRJ1, and Beechjet 400 and love them all. That is not the case the Premier 1. The thing wobbles like a windsock in a hurricane on approach, is so jumpy I can hardly land it, and makes me sea-sick on take-off as it yaws back andf forth. I put it in both FSX and FS9 with the same results. I have a fast machine with 6G system memory and a 9500 NIVIDIA GeForce card running on Vista. Every time I fly the Premier 1, I have to reset my control sliders completely, and still it is a struggle to fly. When I read that others can seemingly control the thing with no issues I am amazed. Luckily my stable is full of birds that fly like Eagles so that this one, that flies like a gut-shot mudhen, can be discarded, along with the twenty eight bucks I spent on this "value" bird. I love the looks of the model, but unless there is some solution for it's woeful flying characteristics, it is destined for the spare parts hangar.Shame%20On%20You.gif

I have been flying her but something just is not right. The plane behaves like all the weight is along its centerline,as if its suspended below the plane from a rope.As is the CG was below the plane. If i enter a turn in any other plane,say the lear, it tends to want to hold that bank. This plane wants to "snap' back as if to right itself. There is also alot of deadzone,slop in the controls. I eliminated the deadzone and made some joystick adjustments but its still very sloppy and I cannot stay on top of it. Landing, I cannot find that groove and hold it as the plane is fighting me. My imputs are slow to respond and the plane always wanting to right itself makes it difficult. Anyone else having this problem? I have tried reducing the fuel. What if any .cfg changes might help. Thanks, Jim
Probably too late for you, but it's not.
Has anyone tried the new Premiere 1 from Eaglesoft? I like their planes but I just want to make sure that this one is of their normally great quality. Thanks Bernd

As previously mentioned, this project was re released by popular demand. We clearly state that is all we are going to do with it.Don't like it? There is a refund option if used within 30 Days.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest bluedoggie
As previously mentioned, this project was re released by popular demand. We clearly state that is all we are going to do with it.Don't like it? There is a refund option if used within 30 Days.
I'll look into it N440QW (Ron), the refund. I assume I go to the Eaglesoft site. Thanks for the info. I thought maybe I had it tweaked well enough to use, but alas, over western South Dakota and a fair amount of time out of KSTP, at FL320 and tracking the GPS, things began to happen. While I ate an ice cream cone with feet up and body kicked back, watching the fast blankness of SD slowly meld into the green of the Black Hills, the PREMIER 1 suddenly, out of the blue, did a 360. Not a 360 degree turn mind you, but a full 360 barrel roll. It ended up 2000 ft lower, and with the AP still on and seemingly working, continued briefly at a 45 degree angle to it's assigned course. Obviously realizing things needed correction, George commanded a right turn and - oops - back into a barrel role we went. At this time I disconnected the auto pilot and apologized to the three folks in the back who had been doing a great impression of rough cut gemstones in a rock-tumbler. I disconnected from VATSIM with a "Sorry folks, I'm outa here".I think it is clear, from other posts, that not all folks have similar troubles, which makes my problem more confounding. It must be something that my system and the Premier don't agree on. Perhaps because it is based on an older model and configs. I wish it were not so, for this rendition of the ugly, yet cute, Beech, er, Raytheon little jet was one I truly wanted to add to my collection.William (Bill) "Old, but not yet senile -I hope."

Has anyone tried the new Premiere 1 from Eaglesoft? I like their planes but I just want to make sure that this one is of their normally great quality.ThanksBernd
I have it for FS9 and FSX. It's one of my favorites.

I have it for FS9 and FSX. It's one of my favorites.
Just bought it for FS9........it's a piece o' crap I'm afraid. Will try the 400.