Sign in to follow this  
Javiz

New fixed camera setup ?....

Hi,I was wondering if anybody here could help me settting up a few new fixed cameras at my fav airport. I am using the FixedCameraTest.flt from the FSX SDK to get going. Par example the lat/lon notification in the (CameraDefinition.004) of the test.flt reads : N43.104648, W77.681682. The lat/lon notification of (roughly) the same spot in FSX however reads N43* 6.28', W77* 40.90' . My burning question here is how do i transpose the FSX lat/lon notification to the 'strange' notification givin in the CameraDefinition section ? :-roll Any hints/tips will be highly appreciated !Cheers,Jan

Jan

>Hi,>>I was wondering if anybody here could help me settting up a>few new fixed cameras at my fav airport. >>I am using the FixedCameraTest.flt from the FSX SDK to get>going. Par example the lat/lon notification in the>(CameraDefinition.004) of the test.flt reads : N43.104648,>W77.681682. The lat/lon notification of (roughly) the same>spot in FSX however reads N43* 6.28', W77* 40.90' . >>My burning question here is how do i transpose the FSX lat/lon>notification to the 'strange' notification givin in the>CameraDefinition section ? :-roll >>Any hints/tips will be highly appreciated !>>Cheers,>JanMaybe this will help http://www.fsinsider.com/freeflight/Pages/...ingShift-Z.aspx

Jan,the link by McCrash of editing the infotext lines is what I use; typically I'm in slew mode for fine adjusting so I have the deg-min as well as the decimal equivalent in the slew display...[slewTextInfo.2]FrameRate=1,1Latitude=2,1Longitude=2,2LatitudeDec=3,1 <<-- addedLongitudeDec=3,2 << -- addedyou can also convert with a calculator or spreadsheet application or even find a web based converter...Loyd

McCrash and Loyd, fantastic, thanks a LOT, made my day ! :) Cheers,Jan

Jan

Thanks,Tom ! Quite rightly so ! :-cool Cheers,Jan

Jan