Sign in to follow this  
N562Z

DX 11 announced

Guest christian

>Gee... is it going to require we purchase yet another video>card to be able to see all the upgraded stuff?yes, it has so for the last 10 years. DX or OpenGl makes no difference. The point is that the new cards do stuff in hardware that previously had been done in software mode (hardware being much faster) and changes in DX and OpenGL reflect that. If you don't get a new graphics card there is no point upgrading to a new DX version.DX10 being OS dependent - that was new...Christian

That doesn't look like Tomshardware site. Also, it doesn't mention July 2008. All it mentions is a "sneak preview" at a conference in August 2008.

Guest wfr

DX 11 to be announced in July - key features: Shader 5.0, tesselation, displacement und multithreaded rendering. Source: TomshardwareWalter

In my opinion, MS should have done this years ago and made a "streamlined" O.S. as a platform for gamers/simmers instead of a one or two sized approach for all. Cut out all the fat and leave basic support for needed features. Vista is a move in the 180 degree opposite direction. XP, so far is the closest thing to that, although quite a lot of tweaking is required to get it lean enough. I guess that is kind of what they are talking about with the MinWin concept, but I feel that it won't be quite "Min" enough.

FYI, as of today, the Nvidia graphic card may be the only one that works with FSX in Boot Camp and XP. I use the Mac Book Pro which uses the Nvidia 8600 Mobility graphic card and I can run FSX under boot camp quite smartly. I tried assisting a user with the Mac Pro and the ATI Radeon 2600 XT graphic card option without success. This may be a driver issue but for now, Nvida's GeForce 8800 GT optional offering for the Mac Pro MAY be the correct choice.

Guest thx1137

------------------8<------------------just read in the current edition of PC magazine that Microsoft has inadvertently leaked, through public job postings, a new OS simply called Windows 7 to be released in 2010.------------------8<------------------Hmm. I heard that was the plan but last I heard they have decided they cannot meet that target if they try to create something decent and so are building the next version of windows upon vista. The other reason is because they figured people went through enough pain in vista so want to ensure backwards compatibility.It is hard for me to comprehend such a large company with clearly *some* smart people in it that operate the way they do. It seems to be more marketing driven then technically driven. Thank ghod for apple, they aren't perfect but they seem to have a bit more of a clue. My current plan is that all my new machines will be macs using dual booting and windows only used for gaming and if I have to do some work at home (I'm currently a .NET programmer)Steven.

Guest grapesh

Oh I'm sure Steve Jobs will push for video drivers and stuff, maybe even feed GPU production execs a $1000 dinner or two :) It is still cheaper than writing their own games.

:-lol ....probablyhttp://www.my-buddy-icon.com/Icons/objects/red_3d_plane.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.