Sign in to follow this  
Guest JIMJAM

Rolling... or not ??

I have this strange phenomena, whenever the a/c starts moving on the ground, I get a serious stutter before the a/c actually moves. I have played with various display settings and when brought about right down - flat land only - it sort off subsides. The same happens when coming in for a landing - the moment the wheels touching the ground, the frame rate comes right down momentarily and at some times you have to quit while trying to land - and not with high display settings either.Basically I have a Dell GX280, dual core, 2GB, NVidia 8600GT 512k etc. which is not too a slow PC. I have tweaked according all available documents on the net (XP and FSX), used UltimateDefrag or O&O Defrag to no avail. Sometimes the stutter is only for a sec or two, but sometimes it is for prolonged periods and sometimes no issues at all. IS there anyone who experienced the same issues and what did you do to alleviate the problemsPierrePS I had the same issues in FS9 and suspect the Dell architecture ???

Guest JIMJAM

Is it the same plane/helicopter?Only simulular problem I had was caused by landing smoke,the actually landing touchdown sound being played.Everyone occassionally gets that micro stutter or pause usually right at flare as the sim loads the runway.Could be from the scenery layers wrong to the above mentioned td sounds and eftects being played.Replacement runway textures?But in your case, on take off roll is unusual.So tell us is it any plane,every airport?What addons do you have?Onboard sound ?Or are you using a dedicated card,Creative labs?

I gave the sound some thought, but it seems it is not the problem - I have on-board sound, but have turned that off as well. It happens with any a/c, VC or 2D. It happens even when start taxing as well. I have FSX Delux and Acceleration installed - so I presume the correct Sps are installed as well - no add-ons except FS Commander, which of course is not directly linked. You gave me a thought in turning down animations - will see tonite what happens, although I do not think FS9 had animations ??? and it had a similar issue, but then again I slammed memory into the system with a better grafix card. What I also do is setting the affinity to only on processor - it helps.Must say the FSX folders is NOT in the high performance position, that is, I left windows in the HP area on the platter with a defrag after each little installation such as anti-virus etc. Then installed FSXDL, fire up, defrag, then ACC, fire up, then defrag and so on.If only I can get my hands on the knowledge how FSX reads and manipulates the files. I know there are some trade-offs between blurries and stutters and other stuff (have heaps of tweak documents), but the work-arounds of these does not solve the problem.P

Guest JIMJAM

I am no expert but after buying 0&0 defrag and jumping though all the hoops and following a well know method of defragging, my load times and overall perfomance is worse.Sometimes its best to install per directions and leave it alone.Delete and let FSX rebuild its fsx.cfg and leave out the tweaks and run it without all the hocus pocus and see what happens.