Sign in to follow this  
kiwikat

Flight1 ATR-72-500 for FSX

Guest sanal

I was trying to find mid size airplane like NG-737 X. It looks like NG-737X PMDG will not be ready for a long time.I was looking at Flight1 web page and saw Flight1 ATR-72-500 FSX . I don't have much back ground info about this product.If you have already purchased Flight1 ATR-72-500 FSX .Will you please inform how do you rate this product comparison to LDS-767X and PMDG-747 x quality and realism.ThanksSanal

I have the Flight1 ATR 72-500 and I love it. Nice model, lots of systems simulated, nice 2D panel and VC. Comes with an extensive config manager. I don't suffer a frame rate hit at all in 2D or external views, only a small hit in the VC. The VC has 2 options, standard textures or high quality. It's very fun to fly. You might also wanna check out the Super80. I think it's very close to the LevelD and Pmdg for systems simulation. Very realistic feel in flight. Again, very nice 2D and VC. The cockpit training system is great for learning the aircraft right in the sim. And both come with excellent, full manuals. I love printing out a big AOM and digging in. They're working on the newer Super80 Pro with an FMC. This Super80 has the older Omega Navigation System, very neat.Hope this helps. I'm VERY, VERY picky about the add-ons I purchase and install, and do a lot of research before buying. But, these 2 are a permanent addition to my hanger, I highly recommend them. And with Flight1's return policy you can't go wrong.Good Luck,KailFlightSimmer since 1987C2D E6850 3.0GHz 1333FSBXFX Nforce 680i LT SLI2x XFX 8800GT 512MB SLI'd4GB Crucial Ballistix PC6400 800MHzCreative SB Audigy2 ZSUltra Xfinity 600W SLI PSUSeagate 320GB 7200RPM 16MB SATA-3GB/S HDWindows XP SP2 / FSX SP2 / FS9 SP1

Thanks for listening,

Kail

Its a nice aircraft (FS9). But I can't use it for night in FSX. the Nigh VC lights don't come on. Its all dark.But it seems to work for many people. So it might work for you.And since F1 has a return Policy, try it out.. You got nothing to lose.Assuming you don't have the VC Light problem, Its an amazing aircraft. Love it. Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

>Its a nice aircraft (FS9). But I can't use it for night in>FSX. the Nigh VC lights don't come on. Its all dark.>>But it seems to work for many people. So it might work for>you.>>>And since F1 has a return Policy, try it out.. You got nothing>to lose.>>Assuming you don't have the VC Light problem, Its an amazing>aircraft. Love it. >>>MannyNo night vc lighting! Aren't they going to fix that problem?I would complain about it. Are you sure there are no buttons or switches that you missed? How about a dome switch?

>You might also wanna check out the Super80. I>think it's very close to the LevelD and Pmdg for systems>simulation. Very realistic feel in flight. Again, very nice 2D>and VC. The cockpit training system is great for learning the>aircraft right in the sim. And both come with excellent, full>manuals. I love printing out a big AOM and digging in. They're>working on the newer Super80 Pro with an FMC. This Super80 has>the older Omega Navigation System, very neat.>Agreed! The Super80 is excellent, great VC/Systems/Flight/Exterior modeling, and no impact on FPS that I can see! Because it is so fluid I prefer it to the LDS 767.IMHO as long as FPS stay high the upcoming Super80 Pro (FMS/Glass cockpit/weather radar) it will be surpass the LDS 767 and PMDG 747.Check it out herehttp://www.coolsky.no/(ps: Im not affiliated with this product in anyway, just a happy customer!)

Matthew S

I hear its working for many folks. There are few of us its not working. There is a thread at the F1 support forum. It had no answers for a long time and so I gave up. I have tried all kinds of stuff with it. no go. So my ATR is in the hangar. I think, this was a free upgrade from FS9 to FSX. So can't beat them up too much. :)I am hoping they would do an FSX version from ground up or something, It is an awesome model and sound and whatnot. Had lots of fun with it in FS9.So the best thing would be to get it and test it out. IF you don't have any issue with VC lights at night, then keep it. :)Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

It must vary by system. I have no problems with the lighting. The flight deck flood light can be operated from either one of three switches: 1 on overhead; 1 on lower pedestal; 1 on parking brake panel. Then there are panel lighting and digital lighting switches for each of the panels (except overhead only has panel lighting). Just stating that in case anybody might have missed a lighting switch.Good Luck,KailFlightSimmer since 1987C2D E6850 3.0GHz 1333FSBXFX Nforce 680i LT SLI2x XFX 8800GT 512MB SLI'd4GB Crucial Ballistix PC6400 800MHzCreative SB Audigy2 ZSUltra Xfinity 600W SLI PSUSeagate 320GB 7200RPM 16MB SATA-3GB/S HDWindows XP SP2 / FSX SP2 / FS9 SP1

Thanks for listening,

Kail

Guest sanal

Thanks for all of your advise. I purchased the ATR and made first flight.Here are my first my three impressions:1- I didn't notice any bouncing of the plane or rocking the wings in turbulence during climb and cruising. Plane steady like a rock. No motion. ATR like, flying in different world maybe in Space.2- All engine gauges glued like picture. You don't see any animation slight change of RPM, temperature or vibration unless you add/reduce the power. I also noticed throttle doesn't making any adjustment during sudden change of flying conditions.It is like locked in same place until some one move it.3-Propeller, partially is disappearing when encounters the clouds. Or in this case right propeller suddenly disappeared and appeared again. These are very interesting propellers.(Magic plane)I am sure there some explanation and corrective actions.I looked at ATR web page and noticed they claimed they spent 15,000 hours to develop the ATR. I will try to work on ATR until I get good results .If I cant I will put Flight1 ATR-72-500 in Hangar near the Arinane 737-900 ER Unfortunately MD-80 Supper is not ready yet. Still on developing stage.Please I don't want to give wrong impression. I am not disappointed, I like the challenge and will fix the problems.Thanks all your helps.Sanal

Guest sanal

I just want to inform..All problem solved. ATR-500 excellent and complex aircraft to fly.Thanks for your advise.Sanal

Nice Screenshot!! You better get all the passengers and baggage loaded quickly...looks like some nasty weather blowing in!!!Good Luck,KailFlightSimmer since 1987C2D E6850 3.0GHz 1333FSBXFX Nforce 680i LT SLI2x XFX 8800GT 512MB SLI'd4GB Crucial Ballistix PC6400 800MHzCreative SB Audigy2 ZSUltra Xfinity 600W SLI PSUSeagate 320GB 7200RPM 16MB SATA-3GB/S HDWindows XP SP2 / FSX SP2 / FS9 SP1

Thanks for listening,

Kail

I think Flight1 would have a real FSX winner on their hands if they would spend some time and release their full FSX version. The portover has all the usual SP2 issues along with poor frames. I can't say I fly her much anymore because I'm fed up with the performance issue. The old style 2D virtual cockpit is starting to look aged too. I try not to complain too much but I would really like to see the updated version s**n.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png