Sign in to follow this  
Guest christianholmes

Its been 10 years for me!

Guest YukonPete

Will this month marks my 10th anniversary online and into that excellent hobby of flightsim. Well actually my first experience was back in 1987 on the Commodore Amiga 500. But I consider my real experience as starting back in April of 1997 when I purchased a compaq presario with a 200mhz CPU and 32mb RAM. I purchased FS95 that same day and was hooked. I started downloading add ons a few month later. Since then Ive owned every release of FS and purchased and downloaded thousands of add ons. When I purchase PC's I base them round my flightsim. That No*1 most important part of my PC. So how long have some of you guys been around FS?

Guest airbus2

Only just over a year.A friend showed me Fs2002 in 2005. I played this alot, but using keyboard! I didnt have a clue what to do and spent most of the time in one of the Cessnas going back and forth from gatwick to Luton. Then i got Fs9 and a joystick for Christmas and started learning from there. In september 07 i got the PMDG 737ng which was a big step up althoughb a fun one. This Christmas i got a new joystick and i soon plan to replace my PC.Dave

Guest Rockcliffe

Five for me: FS2002 in February of 2002. Then, an article in Atlantic Monthly about flightsimming introduced me to Avsim and Flightsim.I hate to think how much time I've spent in front of a computer since then!RegardsBlairCYOW

Congrats, I didn't even think about until you mentioned it, I've been into it for 14 years, strong, started with FS4 and those terrible blocky graphics, I think I was only in 3rd or 4th grade, but before that I had watched Top Gun a hundred thousand times and knew I wanted to fly since I was just a real little kid.JeffEdit, oh yeah, I remember my first computer well, it was a 486 DX with 25 Mhz and 33 when you pushed the turbo button! Can't remember how much ram it had, but I wouldn't be suprised if it had 2 or 4 MB, and the hardrive was like 80 MB or something from what I remember.

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Guest christianholmes

Oh Geez... I bought (then) Sublogic Flight Simulator 2 back in 84? I was in fourth or fifth grade, and bought it at a 'Child World' or 'Toys R Us' store for the Apple II. I must have played that for a thousand hours. It took me about 6 months to figure out how to do a loop. I've owned every version since then, but don't buy too many add-ons- I only fly a couple of planes in it.Ironically, since I resumed my real world PPL training, I haven't touched Flight Sim in 4 or 5 months.