Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tabbi

Graphics Intensive Airports

Guest SuperFortress

I'm trying to get an idea of how far I can push my FSX and how it performs in and around graphic intensive airports. For now all I have tried is KLGA,KJFK,KLAX,KSEA,KORD, and KBOS. Which others would you recommend that put a heavy strain on FSX? Thank you.

Guest JIMJAM

This is easy and could have hundreds of responses.This is the first post I think I have ever read where someone is looking for bad perfomance:-lol ANY of the Northeastern cities along the coast.New York area,DC.I cannot even fly in that area.Any where near KLAX.MiamiKATL and Atlanta area is tough.Dont go there but I imagine the Chicago area.Are you trying to burn up your machine?Cranking up Crysis will have it groaning.There are guys with 12 grand rigs being smoked.Good luck....

It's not so much the graphics, but the AI that will put strain on your sys. AI is the #1 frame rate killer in the sim.That's why the NE USA is so taxing. So is London (Heathrow,Gatwick,or Standsted) and so is Tokyo (Haneda or Narita).RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

KATLAnywhere on the east coast heheLFPG also kills my system

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest Tabbi

Hi there,I tried many big airports (all without AI which is as you said a real fps killer) but hm your airport in the states are nice to fly.Try the german capital airports. Choose "Berlin" (EDDT, EDDI)And take a look, compared with KLAX Berlin is much worther.I have only standard scenery.We started in some german forums the same thread weeks ago.And hm it's interessesting thats not the gates are so perfomand its something other.my PCQuad 6600 @3,25Ghz, 4GB Ram, 8800 GTS (G92)