Sign in to follow this  
Guest D17S

Best tips for curing blurries?

I have tried just about every tip that has been printed for FSX, but I find that even turning sliders way down, the textures just don't keep up with the aircraft if flying anything over 60-80 knots. Since I mostly fly jets, this is really making FSX annoyingly unenjoyable since the terrain quickly becomes mush .. Does anyone have best tips for ensuring that ground textures stay relatively sharp and keep up with airliners flying at 280-450 knots?I have texture size set to 5 meters, mesh to 76m, water set to Highx1, and have restricted autogen through the max_autogen tweak to only trees=200, houses=200. I have also tried using the Fibre load tweak setting it to 0.66 rather than default 0.33 - but all to no avail. I beg on my knees to ACES or someone else with the knowledge, to advise what one can do to ensure that the textures keep up with faster aircraft.I appreciate that my system is several years old, but I would just like to have FSX running at a similar capacity to FS9, which I have moved on from and had to remove from my PC.Hardware:ASUS motherboard, AMD 2.4 Athlon single processor,7200 rpm hard disk,2 gbytes DDR Ram,GForce XFX 7600GT graphics - 256 mb RAMAny advice would be appreciated.Regards,Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

To be honest, with your hardware, you should stick to FS9... Maybe it wasn't the answer you was looking for, but it's the most realistic one you might get.______________Efrain RuizLiveDISPATCHhttp://www.livedispatch.orgCooler Master cosmos SDFI LP UT P35 T2R (3-17-2008 BIOS) | E8400 @ 4GHz (500MHz x 8) | 2 x 2GB OCZ Flex II PC9200EVGA Nvidia GTX280Two (2) WD3200AAKS 320GB (Operating System RAID-0) | Two (2) WD3200AAKS 320GB (Flight Simulator RAID-0)Corsair CM PSU-750TX | Asus 20X DVD

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org (CLOSED) ☹️

Hi,I agree, your CPU and your graphics card are not able to keep up with the demands of FSX. You could try locking your FPS at a pretty low number like 15 and see what happens.Best bets are to reinstall FS04 or get yourself a new computer.Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

Yup: she ain't got whut it takes! Take a deep breath and.....pjASUS P5B; C2D E6600 oc @3.346gig; nVidia 8900GTX; 2gig OCZ PC2-8000 Platinum; TripleHead2Go 3x19" VA926; Homebuilt yoke and pedals, throttle quadrant and 6-pack thrust levers + TRackIR4, VoxATC - no blurries and good for another year. . . :+

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest sillyeagle

Two things. If you are using a single core CPU, get rid of SP1/SP2 and use RTM. After the texture loader was parallelized in SP1/SP2 it no longer works properly on single core. So if your staying with that CPU RTM is the only way to get rid of your blurries. If you want blurries fixed and want to keep SP1/SP2 you need a quad. A daul core will help but texture loading will still not be as good as RTM with a single core. The only way to get texture loading back to what it was RTM is to go with a Quad. Trust me on this as I had been fighting blurries since SP1, and since then I have gone from 2.8Ghz single, to 3.6Ghz dual, to the quad that I now have. Only now that I have a quad do I consider texture loading to be acceptable with SP1/SP2. Of course, as mentioned, texture loading works fine on a single core provided you do not use SP1/SP2.

Guest sillyeagle

>Wow, I've had a single core since beta testing began, what 3>years ago, and I have never seen this! I had SP1, SP2 and now>Acceleration installed and still don't see this!! Any MS links>that state this?>>Thanks in advance!> >JimCan it noob.

>Two things. If you are using a single core CPU, get rid of>SP1/SP2 and use RTM. After the texture loader was>parallelized in SP1/SP2 it no longer works properly on single>core. So if your staying with that CPU RTM is the only way to>get rid of your blurries. >>If you want blurries fixed and want to keep SP1/SP2 you need a>quad. A daul core will help but texture loading will still>not be as good as RTM with a single core. The only way to get>texture loading back to what it was RTM is to go with a Quad. >>>Trust me on this as I had been fighting blurries since SP1,>and since then I have gone from 2.8Ghz single, to 3.6Ghz dual,>to the quad that I now have. Only now that I have a quad do I>consider texture loading to be acceptable with SP1/SP2. Of>course, as mentioned, texture loading works fine on a single>core provided you do not use SP1/SP2.I'm not certain a quad is required. I have an E8500 with 2 GB's RAM at 1066mhz and a EVGA 8800 GTS 512 and have never had a problem with blurries, stutters, or FPS, and I am running most of the current addons with most everything turned up to full, except bloom and lens flare is off. Although I did have my install and system tuned by FS-GS. But I agree that the OP's computer is probably not up to the task to get that kind of performance. Probably a dual running at least 3.0 ghz per core should be ample.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I have a couple of suggestions that worked for me. Search the forums there are tons of posts on blurries and generally you will find advice that is completely opposite from each other. Some say lock your frame-rates others say lock it. Some say edit the Texture_bandwidth to 40 others 400. No mater what people say I have discovered through several systems that FS is very system specific. What worked on one machine may not work on another. Before i got my new computer I used the mipbias=6 tweak and that did wonders for me. Also try FSAutostart and shutdown all of your OS's unnecessary background services.

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

>>Wow, I've had a single core since beta testing began, what>3>>years ago, and I have never seen this! I had SP1, SP2 and>now>>Acceleration installed and still don't see this!! Any MS>links>>that state this?>>>>Thanks in advance!>> >>Jim>>>Can it noob. >>>You are calling a member with over 13,000 posts a noob? LMAO... The irony...As for your quad core is a must suggestion, I have an E8400 C2D overclocked to 4GHz (500 x 8) and my FSX is STUTTER FREE and BLURRIES FREE. So to say that a C2D is not enough for FSX, sounds more like a "noob" comment to me.______________Efrain RuizLiveDISPATCHhttp://www.livedispatch.orgCooler Master cosmos SDFI LP UT P35 T2R (3-17-2008 BIOS) | E8400 @ 4GHz (500MHz x 8) | 2 x 2GB OCZ Flex II PC9200EVGA Nvidia GTX280Two (2) WD3200AAKS 320GB (Operating System RAID-0) | Two (2) WD3200AAKS 320GB (Flight Simulator RAID-0)Corsair CM PSU-750TX | Asus 20X DVD

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz

Guest sillyeagle

>>>>You are calling a member with over 13,000 posts a noob?>LMAO... The irony...>Well thats becuase the OP asked for tips, which I gave, then Mr Skorna had to show up and make some kind of belittling remark toward me. If he had been around during the lauch of SP1 he would know all the headaches which were caused by the change to the texture loader. Nobody can deny it has been changed. >I'm not certain a quad is required. I have an E8500 with 2>GB's RAM at 1066mhz and a EVGA 8800 GTS 512 and have never had>a problem with blurries, stutters, or FPSTry flying at 300knots at tree top level on your dual, then toss in a quad and do the same test. You will see the quad loads textures much better, perhaps twice as fast. For a guy flying at 30k a dual is probably fine, but for a guy like me who flies low and fast, a quad is the only way to go.

>Try flying at 300knots at tree top level on your dual, then>toss in a quad and do the same test. You will see the quad>loads textures much better, perhaps twice as fast. For a guy>flying at 30k a dual is probably fine, but for a guy like me>who flies low and fast, a quad is the only way to go.FWIW, I just did that same test you recommended with my C2D and there were no blurries whatsoever. A 4GHz C2D is good enough to fly without blurries at 300 kts at tree top level.______________Efrain RuizLiveDISPATCHhttp://www.livedispatch.orgCooler Master cosmos SDFI LP UT P35 T2R (3-17-2008 BIOS) | E8400 @ 4GHz (500MHz x 8) | 2 x 2GB OCZ Flex II PC9200EVGA Nvidia GTX280Two (2) WD3200AAKS 320GB (Operating System RAID-0) | Two (2) WD3200AAKS 320GB (Flight Simulator RAID-0)Corsair CM PSU-750TX | Asus 20X DVD

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz

Guest D17S

In any case, it's going to be a CPU issue. The CPU has to process each frame and send it along to the Vcard. In FS, the Vcard doesn't do much. Once a user had an 8800GT or above, the Vcard becomes simply a conduit for CPU horsepower. Frames occur at various levels of resolution. The CPU process areas furthest away from the airplane at lower resolutions. This takes less CPU horsepower. As these areas get closer to the airplane, the CPU tries to reprocess to a higher resolution. Notice how scenes seem to 'pop' into higher resolutions as the airplane flys over them. If the CPU does not have the horsepower to 'up-res' these scenes, they simply stay at that lower resolution. This is called 'the fuzzies.' The CPU simply does not have the horsepower to do all its other stuff AnD up-res scenery as the airplane flys by. Scenery looses. Aces re-programmed so scenery loading (i.e., "up-res") is now shared by the other 1-3 cores. That's the how multi-cores can help. During gameplay, cores #2 (3&4) process scenery loading (the up-res process) and reduce 'the fuzzies.' A single core has to go it alone and an Old single core will never have the HP to keep up. But at least, turn that water down. It's a hog even with a core2 at 4G. Also AG, Scenery Complex, Special effects and traffic has gotta go, completely. No shadows or bloom. These are All CPU intensive and a single core needs all its wits for frame and general scenery.

Thanks alot for everyones input.I did expect the response of "get a new PC..." but was hoping someone had found the holy grail of tweak/config. Honestly I don't want to go back to FS9, that would take too much effort, to get it back to anything like FSX, now that I have UTX Europe, add-on landclass and aircraft for FSX.It was mentioned a few times that going back to RTM FSX may certainly help, due to changes made in SP1/SP2 to suit dual/quad core CPUs in the SPs.Does anyone know if add-on aircraft, that may have been designed for SP2, would have problems running on the original RTM? The main add-ons that I have, apart from freeware, are Level-D 767, Flight1 Super80 and Feelthere ERJ145. Also, what is the correct way to go back to RTM? Does one have to uninstall, then reinstall from the original disks, or is it possible to just reinstall the original disks over the top of SP2?Presumably one can save the FSX.cfg and Scenery.cfg and replace back after reinstall. Will one need to reinstall the above payware aircraft or not?Thanks again for all the advice.Regards,Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373