Sign in to follow this  
cmpbellsjc

Best AI package for FSX?

It may not seem correct if you have the default traffic in there still taking up gates and not leaving open gates for your new traffic. Otherwise it should be correct. I would remove the stock traffic file if I were you. The default traffic takes up more resources since they activate the moving jetways and and not FPS friendly models, and the fact that they aren't real airlines.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

>Try this link.>>http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/attachmen...69&d=1184590100>>This should keep you busy for a while. Good luck :-)Thanks!!! I am working on it as we speak! :)I am doing the following:1. Created the 3 folders (BGL, DECOMPILED and FLIGHT PLAN)2. Cut the WOAI BGLs from the scenery/world/scenery folder and pasted them into the BGL folder.3. Ran AIFPC and decompiled the files in the BGL folder, into the DECOMPILED folder.4. Ran AIFPC and compiled the files in the DECOMPILED folder into the FLIGHT PLAN folder.5. Copied the new BGLs from the FLIGHT PLAN folder into the scenery/world/scenery folder.6. Got rid of the default FSX traffic bgl file (simply renamed the .bgl extension to .BAK)Now when I try to start FSX, it crashes and give me a "Cannot read from file" error. If I delete the new traffic BGL files from the scenery/world/scenery folder, FSX starts without a problem.What could be the error?When I run AIPFC, I SELECT the CONVERT/RENUMBER FS9 DAYS TO FSX option when compiling and also enable the option to add FSX.BGL to the generated BGL files.Thanks for any help...______________Efrain RuizLiveDISPATCHhttp://www.livedispatch.orgCooler Master cosmos SDFI LP UT P35 T2R (3-17-2008 BIOS) | E8400 @ 4GHz (500MHz x 8) | 2 x 2GB OCZ Flex II PC9200EVGA Nvidia GTX280Two (2) WD3200AAKS 320GB (Operating System RAID-0) | Two (2) WD3200AAKS 320GB (Flight Simulator RAID-0)Corsair CM PSU-750TX | Asus 20X DVD

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org (CLOSED) ☹️

Wow, I haven't had that happen. You do all the steps I do but haven't had any crash. The only thing different that I do is paste one .bgl at a time and decompile and then recompile it. Then I delete all the text files left over and start a new one. I dont recompile with those other text files left over in the decom folder. I don't know that that is causing the problem, but I don't do it that way. As soon as I do one .bgl and finish the conversion I delete the left over bgl and text files and start a new one. Also I don't close AIFPC in the middle. I just change the folders from bgl to decom, to decom to flight plan then recompile.

>Wow, I haven't had that happen. You do all the steps I do but>haven't had any crash. The only thing different that I do is>paste one .bgl at a time and decompile and then recompile it.>Then I delete all the text files left over and start a new>one. I dont recompile with those other text files left over in>the decom folder. I don't know that that is causing the>problem, but I don't do it that way. As soon as I do one .bgl>and finish the conversion I delete the left over bgl and text>files and start a new one. Also I don't close AIFPC in the>middle. I just change the folders from bgl to decom, to decom>to flight plan then recompile.Oh God, this is so frustrating! Too much work, really... :(______________Efrain RuizLiveDISPATCHhttp://www.livedispatch.orgCooler Master cosmos SDFI LP UT P35 T2R (3-17-2008 BIOS) | E8400 @ 4GHz (500MHz x 8) | 2 x 2GB OCZ Flex II PC9200EVGA Nvidia GTX280Two (2) WD3200AAKS 320GB (Operating System RAID-0) | Two (2) WD3200AAKS 320GB (Flight Simulator RAID-0)Corsair CM PSU-750TX | Asus 20X DVD

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz

I feel bad that it's not working for you. I have installed all the packages and haven't had any problems at all like this. It's a little time consuming, but once you get into a flow it goes quick. You may want to check the WOAI site and see if they have a forum or anything that you can post on to see if they have a solution. Try not to get frustrated, once solved and working it's really great traffic for free and they continue to add more packages. It got almost addictive for me, adding traffic all the time, lol.Perhaps try removing the new .bgls and try a new one one at a time. Maybe you got a corrupt bgl in the last conversion.

>I feel bad that it's not working for you. I have installed>all the packages and haven't had any problems at all like>this. It's a little time consuming, but once you get into a>flow it goes quick. You may want to check the WOAI site and>see if they have a forum or anything that you can post on to>see if they have a solution. Try not to get frustrated, once>solved and working it's really great traffic for free and they>continue to add more packages. It got almost addictive for me,>adding traffic all the time, lol.>>Perhaps try removing the new .bgls and try a new one one at a>time. Maybe you got a corrupt bgl in the last conversion.I started doing that and yes, it must be a bad BGL because when I left only 1 BGL, FSX loaded up fine... Now I need to see which one of the 254 BGLs is the culprit! LOLI will get started on this tomorrow... Thanks for you help, buddy. :)______________Efrain RuizLiveDISPATCHhttp://www.livedispatch.orgCooler Master cosmos SDFI LP UT P35 T2R (3-17-2008 BIOS) | E8400 @ 4GHz (500MHz x 8) | 2 x 2GB OCZ Flex II PC9200EVGA Nvidia GTX280Two (2) WD3200AAKS 320GB (Operating System RAID-0) | Two (2) WD3200AAKS 320GB (Flight Simulator RAID-0)Corsair CM PSU-750TX | Asus 20X DVD

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz

Efrain, here's what I would do. Take all the 254 new .bgls that you created out of scenery/world/scenery and place them in another folder on your desktop. Then take one at a time, convert it, then place it in scenery/world/scenery. After you convert 10 or so, start FSX and make sure it works ok. This is also a good way to do it so that you dont miss converting one since you are pulling them from a different folder. Stick with it tomorrow. :-)

I really don't understand all these procedures to install WOAI if I could use it only with the supplied installer, loadimg every zipped package and installing it in FSX.I didn't converted any BGL.Ulisses

The bgl conversion is only necessary if you want to have the AI follow the proper time and day schedule, and if you want to be able to see ships and ferries. If you don't want to take advantage of those things then dont convert the bgl's. Read this to learn more about it. http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4746The other batch converter is to help the textures look and perform better. Before I converted mine the American Airlines AI textures for example looked weird. After I ran the batch converter to DXT3, the textures looked much better and performance seemed better. Again this is optional. Ulisses, perhaps you should just buy an AI package that way you don't have to mess with this. For me, I don't mind doing it because I like to tinker with AI, but for some it's too much work. Consider one of the traffic packages that you can purchase.