Sign in to follow this  
FAC257

Lights Blinking WAY Too Fast!

Hello everyone,I recently downloaded a few planes made by Project Opensky and Project Airbus, 100% compatible with FSX. The red beacon lights and the white strobe lights are blinking with very small intervals--perhaps once every half a second! How can I correct this?Thanks!

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg

ASUS P5E X38 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2 GHz on 1600 MHz FSB (400x8) | 4 GB DDR2-800 RAM | EVGA GeForce 8800 GT Superclocked @ 679/979 | 320 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 RPM HD

Just an update for those who are looking into this, this is happening with ALL add-on A/C.

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg

ASUS P5E X38 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2 GHz on 1600 MHz FSB (400x8) | 4 GB DDR2-800 RAM | EVGA GeForce 8800 GT Superclocked @ 679/979 | 320 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 RPM HD

Thanks Boeing, now this is going to bother me LOL. I've never noticed it until I read your post, but it's happening to me as well.

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Yeah LOL,It must be a glitch in the game for non-pure-FSX models. The only A/C that the lights don't seem bad is the 777-300 I've downloaded, but the aircraft always loses control (see my other post).

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg

Those aren't true 100% native FSX aircraft, I'd wagerstrobes being off is a telltale signRhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I've slowed strobes down on other planes using the Special Effects tool (Special Effects SDK) that comes with the Deluxe edition of FSX. It's pretty simple to do and a fun way to learn more about special effects files.

Thanks for the reply,Unfortunately, I have absolutely NO idea how to use the SDK. I installed it but have no idea how to go from here, I've never opened a DLL file before.Thanks!

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg

You can check out this old thread with some detailed info on how to change the effects file manually. I put the section together for the Shockwave aircraft but the same technique works for all.http://shockwaveproductions.com/forum/view...?t=7296&start=0Scroll down towards the bottom of the first page. The turbo flashing nav lights is an issue with some old FS9 aircraft when imported into FSX where the creator used custom nav lighting effects instead of the default FS9 lighting effects. Personally I only ran across the issue with Carenado & Shockwaves aircraft. The other and easier work around is to just edit the aircraft.cfg file so that the lighting section entries for the lights that blink too fast point to default FSX nav lighting or some other aircraft's nav lighting that you like.