Sign in to follow this  
Guest firehawk44

PMDG doing a 777 200/300

Guest 747-400 luva

Is anyone else looking for a good quality 777. I know I am.There aren't many of them out there for FSX. There are a few, but their reviews are not very good. The company that I want to do a 777 is PMDG. Because of their flawless 747, MD11 and NG I know that the 777 will be a best seller. I'm hoping they will do one. IS anybody else looking for a 777, but can't find a good one and is hoping that PMDG will do one.

Agreed...a high quality 777 would be a real winner. Level D has me spoiled, so that's the standard I would be looking for. And as long as we're dreaming here.....a REALLY GOOD L-1011 circa 1980's. I've seen some great paints out there, but we need a really good FSX compatible VC and panel.

These guys have a significant number of extant promises they need to deliver on... we need diversification. Perhaps the somewhat unsettled nature of most recent multi-iterative SDK coupled with the "voodoo" required to make high-calibre add-ons means scarcity in the market.I'm right there with you in my desire to see a 777. Even MS abandoned it.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Guest firehawk44

I hope PMDG stays away from developing more large aircraft. IMHO, the 747 should be their only franchise, just as LevelD has the 767, that they can continue to develop and improve upon as technology evolves. I would like to see Wilco bring back the 737 Pilot in Command franchise, the one that made them famous several years ago. I realize they have upgraded the old 737 PIC via FeelThere but it's not the same level of quality for today's technology. Right now they have too many aircraft and they receive a lot of questions which are mostly answered but not always on the FT forums. I believe they are working on more "old" FS aircraft as I write. Back in the FS9 and FS2K2 days (for me), I got all those heavies, the 737, the 747, 767, 777, and 757 but they turned out to be similar in design and operation and I ended up flying the one that operated the best. In my case it was who had the best FMC and flight dynamics and that was PMDG and LevelD. There's a market out there for a 777 though no matter how good or bad the quality. Some people just have to have it (yes, I'm one of the people who recently bought the CS757! That's my last mistake...). I just wish these talented developers would look more at quality rather than quantity. There's a market for that too! Best regards,Jim

Yep, very well said Jim, I totally agree with your point of view.Best regards,

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

>I'm right there with you in my desire to see a 777. Even MS>abandoned it.I have to say that I don't fly big planes, don't know how, have no desire, but there is a 777 available. The quality of the package I can't say one way or another, for the reasons mentioned above.http://www.aerosim.co.jp/eigo/page1_e.htm

>I hope PMDG stays away from developing more large aircraft. >IMHO, the 747 should be their only franchise, just as LevelD>has the 767, that they can continue to develop and improve>upon as technology evolves.Isn't LevelD doing a 757?RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

That looks really cool in the video. Anyone have this yet?Bruce.

Guest firehawk44

"Isn't LevelD doing a 757?"Rhett,I don't know and don't care. I hope not.Jim

I seem to have missed their release of the flawless MD-11 and NG. Maybe when some announced products are released and in simmers hands we can think about future projects.scott s..

>"Isn't LevelD doing a 757?">>Rhett,>I don't know and don't care. I hope not.>>Jim>No no, you missed my point.You said, "I hope PMDG stays away from developing more large aircraft. IMHO, the 747 should be their only franchise, just as LevelD has the 767"My point was, I would not be so quick to say that the 767 is LevelD's *ONLY* aircraft, either...RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest firehawk44

"My point was, I would not be so quick to say that the 767 is LevelD's *ONLY* aircraft, either..."Rhett,Not to get you upset as it appears you may be getting but I saw your point. I don't care what LevelD is doing or not doing and I honestly do not know if they are making a 757. That was your question wasn't it? Their franchise WAS the 767 and they have been very successful with this project. It was my point originally to indicate that I wished PMDG and LevelD stayed only with the 747 and 767 respectively and nothing else. I know PMDG is working on another aircraft, maybe two or three. Good for them! Wish them the best! I just wish personally they would stay solely with the continued development of the 747 and I wish LevelD would stay solely with the 767. Although both think they have "perfect" products, there are a lot of tweaks and fixes that I believe could be made to make the products even better. Certainly both PMDG and LevelD have had excellent records in "fixing" problems discovered after initial release of their products but making more products will divert their attention from making the 747 and 767 even better. For instance, I think the detail of each aircraft could be improved, internally and externally. They look great right now but they can be improved. Newer gauge technology is constantly evolving and perhaps some of the gauges could be improved and be more responsive and more frame rate friendly. The panels could be improved too to provide more FPS. What about improvements with voice interactions between ground crews and flight attendants before and during each flight? There's a lot of creativeness that can always make products better and, because it's considered the very best, it produces more sales. I know the techs at PMDG and LevelD have already worked hard in getting the best products they can provide out to us, the users, but there's always room for improvements. So that's my point. I apologize in advance if I have in any way offended you.Ciao,Jim