Sign in to follow this  
Guest JIMJAM

Opinions please - Ultimate Traffic X vs. My Traffic X

I am finally getting around to upgrading to FSX. I am looking for a good AI traffic program. I have used both Ultimate Traffic and MY Traffic for FS9. Anyone want to share an opinion which one is better for FSX and most importantly, WHY they feel the way they do? It seems the planes look more realistic for My Traffic X. Are they both essentially the same? Any real limitations with one or the other? I read reviews on both and both seem really nice.Thanks,Chris Catalano

Hi Chris,I used UT for FS9 but with FSX I use MyTrafficX. The aircraft are more frame-rate friendly than UT as those aircraft use old textures not optimised for FSX.The MTX aircraft are not quite as good looking as the UT ones but the benefits far outweigh that disadvantage.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest JIMJAM

I suggest doing a search as this has been ask many times. I think it was just last week there were a few.Quick breakdown.MyTraffic- My fav. Tons of planes,military,alot of user options,pick the decade,80s,present ect. Best on fps.MTX allows me to disable FSX's AI amd I can fill the airports and skies without a BIG fps hit.UT- Most realistic schedules,better looking models, fewer and harder on fps.Aimed at the airliner type.World of AI- Free! A little to time consuming for me but if you like to tinker and have time, cannot beat it.There ya go.

Ray, Just installed My Traffic X but am a bit confused on using it. Do I have to disable AI traffic in FSX ??CraigLian Li PC 65B CaseCorsair HX Series CMPSU-620HX 620W Power SupplyPlextor PX-810SA/SW-BL DVD/CDGiagabyte GA-P35-DS3RCrucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500)Arctic Freezer 7 ProIntel E6850 Core 2 Duo 3.0GHz 4M shared L2 Cache @ 3.6 GHzEVGA 7950GT KO 512mb 169.21_forceware whqlSeagate Barracuda 7200.10 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATASeagate Barracuda 7200.10 250GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATAVista Ultimate SP1

Hi Craig,You should opt to remove the default Ai when installing My Traffic X as they are frame rate hungry and not realistic airlines.You will ned to set the Ai % according to what your system can handle. On that system up to 40% should be okay.Does that answer your question?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Chris, have you looked into the World of AI packages. They now have 345 free packages covering the whole world. When I first got FSX installed I tried Ultimate Traffic since I used it for FS9, but for me in FSX it caused a total slide show, and that is even with my rig and FSX optimized by FS-GS. I ininstalled UT and went with all the WOAI packages. I have no experience with the other package you mentioned, but I am extremely happy with WOAI and its free. Plus they are constantly adding new packages and updates to the schedules. They also have some military packages.A couple points to consider though:1. It is a bit more time consuming to use the WOAI because there are 345 packages to first download then install.2. If you want to keep ships and ferries you will have to convert all the flight plan bgls to FSX format. Not a bad idea anyway, because the converter fixes the day number that is different from FS9. In FS9 the flight plan weeks started and ended on a different day than they do in FSX. For example if you dont convert you will see Fridays traffic on Saturday or visa versa.3. To get the most out of mine I mipmaped all the AI textures to DXT3 using the Aircraft Make DXT3 MipMap.bat converter. You can even take it a step further by reducing texture sizes and mapping in DTX1 as Luis explaines in another thread posted earlier this week about AI.In short there is a few options. I am kinda addicted to adding AI. I even use some PAI packages for FS9 that aren't yet available from WOAI and convert them to use in FSX. It's some work but now AI has almost no effect on my FPS or causing studders. I can fly into major hubs with 100% traffic and not usually drop below 18 FPS, but usually stay in the low to mid 20's in my LDS 767. The other night I flew into Frankfurt with 100% AI in my LDS 767 and had frames no worse the 21. The only problem was finding a parking spot due to all the traffic :-)Good Luck - Sean

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

It's been a while (FS9). Which file do I need to rename?CraigLian Li PC 65B CaseCorsair HX Series CMPSU-620HX 620W Power SupplyPlextor PX-810SA/SW-BL DVD/CDGiagabyte GA-P35-DS3RCrucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500)Arctic Freezer 7 ProIntel E6850 Core 2 Duo 3.0GHz 4M shared L2 Cache @ 3.6 GHzEVGA 7950GT KO 512mb 169.21_forceware whqlSeagate Barracuda 7200.10 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATASeagate Barracuda 7200.10 250GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATAVista Ultimate SP1

> > It's been a while (FS9). Which file do I need to rename?>>You asked about FS9. MyTrafficX is only for FSX. I'm confused. :-hmmm

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Sorry Ray, I meant that the last time I disabled the traffic file was when I used the FS9 version.Which file do I need to disable within FSX to eliminate the FSX traffic ?CraigLian Li PC 65B CaseCorsair HX Series CMPSU-620HX 620W Power SupplyPlextor PX-810SA/SW-BL DVD/CDGiagabyte GA-P35-DS3RCrucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500)Arctic Freezer 7 ProIntel E6850 Core 2 Duo 3.0GHz 4M shared L2 Cache @ 3.6 GHzEVGA 7950GT KO 512mb 169.21_forceware whqlSeagate Barracuda 7200.10 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATASeagate Barracuda 7200.10 250GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATAVista Ultimate SP1

Hi Craig,Just turn the Ai % down to zero if you don't want to see any default Ai.If you want to disable the default Ai because you want to install that freeware package I don't know which file should be disabled. You'll need to ask someone who has already installed it.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

>> Sorry Ray,>> I meant that the last time I disabled the traffic file was>when I used the FS9 version.>>Which file do I need to disable within FSX to eliminate the>FSX traffic ?>>>Craig>>Lian Li PC 65B Case>Corsair HX Series CMPSU-620HX 620W Power Supply>Plextor PX-810SA/SW-BL DVD/CD>Giagabyte GA-P35-DS3R>Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066>(PC2 8500)>Arctic Freezer 7 Pro>Intel E6850 Core 2 Duo 3.0GHz 4M shared L2 Cache @ 3.6 GHz>EVGA 7950GT KO 512mb 169.21_forceware whql>Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA>Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 250GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA>Vista Ultimate SP1Rename the trafficaircraft.bgl file in C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XSceneryWorldScenery to trafficaircraft.bgl.passive. It will disable the default AI traffic.MTX usually does it automatically, though.Cheers.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Be aware that My Traffic X uses certain SDK files in order to activate it's Tools on the FSX Menu Bar.It uses files from the updated SDK for it's Menu Tool Bar which must correlate with the main service pack installed (according to their forum). That's why the SDK updates are needed as I'm at SP2 now and without Acceleration. Their dll.xml file, which is located in the same folder as FSX.cfg must also correctly to the SDK's path as installed, for the "Tool" item to appear in the main program flight time menu. Since some of their instructions were prepared incorrectly related to this path, it has been quite a headache producing issue. I don't know if this has been corrected, but if your tool bar won't come alive, the problem is either with the installation of the SDK (not there), or the path to that SDK's specific file is incorrect in DLL.xml and must be corrected with NOTEPAD. SDK Updates:Basic SDK installation: on FSX DVD1, run setup from that folder.Updates:http://www.fsinsider.com/downloads/Pages/F...tKitUpdate.aspxhttp://www.fsinsider.com/downloads/Pages/F...-SP2Update.aspxThese new updates find and completely overwrtite the older SDK.Bob (Las Cruces, NM)XP-Home, With FS Genesis Terrain MeshLogitech G15 Backlit Game Keyboard and18 Programmable Macro/Keystroke KeysAsus P5N-D MotherboardIntel E8500 @ 3.16GHz (Now)CPUThermaltake MaxOrb Enthusiast CPU FanCorsir XMS2 PC6400/DDR2/800 Dual, 4GigsSATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDDEVGA Geforce 8800 GT/512 (OC'd Version)Dual Flat Panel Monitors

As far as I recall, the only SDK tool required by MyTrafficX is the traffic compiler, and then only if you wish to make schedule changes through the MyTraffic editor. That does not require the dll.xml. MyTraffic does not supply any tools that go into the main FSX menu bar.It sounds like you are referring to the Microsoft Traffic Toolbox Explorer? A lot of people like to use that and do run into problems you describe with service pack levels and dll.xml, and that happens with any AI package.MyTraffic 5.1b from Simmarket includes MyTrafficBoard, a more basic version of Super Traffic Board and another way of navigating your AI traffic like the explorer. As both are simconnect applications, the SDK and dll.xml is not required

You are quite correct and I am frankly a little embarrassed about not knowing this. In my own defense however, I did go onto Google and back to their (MtTraffic) installation instructions and so far find no referance to the fact that you are installing Microsoft Traffic Toolbox Explorer(which you are). They make no reference to this FACT in their installation guide. While the required manual path entry in dll.xml does point to the Microsoft toolbox, a novice such as myself, is lead to believe this is just some required code to get the right things of their authoring to appear in the menu header. I did find this extremely strange, and wondered about it. The thought was .... "Using SDK code, to run an add-on program...."Thanks for the clarification. Now I'm going to try to read up on the purpose and use of dll.xml.Bob (Las Cruces, NM)XP-Home, With FS Genesis Terrain MeshLogitech G15 Backlit Game Keyboard and18 Programmable Macro/Keystroke KeysAsus P5N-D MotherboardIntel E8500 @ 3.16GHz (Now)CPUThermaltake MaxOrb Enthusiast CPU FanCorsir XMS2 PC6400/DDR2/800 Dual, 4GigsSATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDDEVGA Geforce 8800 GT/512 (OC'd Version)Dual Flat Panel Monitors

This is just a thanks to all for the help. I have MTX up and running and it works just fine. I know I can always count on some help here in the Forum(s). Thanks Craig