Sign in to follow this  
Marniftarr

New idea about panoramic device for 10$ (analog HAT-SWITCH)

OK, I'll bite - WHERE IS IT? I'd like very much to check this out and for $10 - it is a steal. This would free up my switches on my yoke for other functions.

>Hello ! >Look this :>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_OmQk3TXzo&fmt=6>>This is a new idea about panoramic device. Touchpad as>hat-switch for 10$ price. Interest ?Seems like a great idea! I'm interested, but frankly you'd get more (not to mention better!) response by asking for feedback at avsim.com, flightsim.com or any one of the hundreds of fs specific websites... ;)Drunk or not though, your landing wasn't all that bad... :-lol

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest SkullxBones

Did you have to press another button to switch over to the other side of the cockpit?That's my biggest gripe with TrackIR is you can't get close up to the instruments on the right side.

OK, I'll bite - WHERE IS IT?It is a placed on my Saitec X-52 throttle in my home in Russia. :-DFor serious about price 10$.I use touchpad from SVEN 8800 keyboard. Price of this keyboard about 20$ in Russia. PS/2 "Synaptics" touchpad from this keyboard have price about 5-10$. www.synaptics.comIf joystics manufacturers will insert touchpad into the joystics that device will be truly folk. At the price touchpad 5-10 $ from the "Synaptics" manufacturer, the price on joystics will rise approximately on 20-30 $. I purchase this joy , my friends will be purchase this joy IF manufacturers that will understand this idea will start to create joystics with touchpads.thats all.

Yes. This device have two buttons under throttle ( not see on video) :-(If you not press all buttons - you move head (panoramic mode)If press and hold first button , you can move body UP-DOWN and LEFT_RIGHT .. If press second button - you can fast move body in to "preset" points in cockpit space. All cockpit space separate at 8 zones (at horizontal and vertical space). You can set body position in all 8 zones (in my "touchpan" software) and can fast move body in those zones depending on where you look (angle of pan) in moment of pressing the second button.

No, I knew that pad was on your joystick. What I meant was - where can we get this pad. I went to the manufacturer's site but I didn't see a separate pad (or product) like you have. Can you give us the model number or some other identification?Thanksfb

Why not just use the good ol' hatswitch?!There is TrackIR4, sowhy waste money on another device?

I purchase my SVEN 8800 key in ...mm..mm.. remember.. ee...in 2002 year. After this year i can not see this model in prices.I see PS/2 Synaptics touchpads in crash notebooks. I not see in prices as repair component !?... It is a strange ! Wery strange ! I write mail to Synaptics. I receive mail from synaptic about big sales of your touchpads and more bysines... It is a not my way.This "touchpan"

Sorry man ! This topic not for discussion about Track-Ir.My eyes is bad after use Track-ir. And this big END point of use track-Ir for me.