Sign in to follow this  
rpowers

WOAI Issue

Guest dasflies

I have finally got FSX to run nicely on my new Vista 64 machine. I am trying to install a couple WOAI packages. I have done this, and converted them to FSX format, however now when I load a flight the process hangs at 83% when it says its loading air traffic control.Any thoughts on why this might be happening? I also just installed and updated editvoicepack, any reason this might be causing a problem?Thanks in advance Dave

Guest dasflies

Jim,I assume you're talking about editvoicepack? If so I used the beta version for FSX. If you're referring to the WOAI installer, I used whatever version is available on their website (I believe it's 2.4?).I used AIFPC to do the conversions. After some more testing, the sim works fine when i'm in a different area of the world where my installed AI traffic does not fly. Im trying to just work with a couple for right now and get those working, because I had been having out of memory issues when I added too many AI packages.Hope this might shed some light. Again it hangs at 83% when it goes to load air traffic control.Dave

>>After some more testing,>the sim works fine when i'm in a different area of the world>where my installed AI traffic does not fly. In that case then, the problem cannot be with EditVoicePack. The problem is instead with one or more of your converted traffic bgl files.I have seen the same issue with AIFPC-converted bgl's. AIFPC is a great utility--I have used it extensively with 100's of bgl's--but it fails about 5% of the time. By "fails" I mean it does give you a .bgl with no error message; however when the sim attempts to load the file, the system hangs, usually at a late % in the load process, such as the 83% you are seeing.Your best solution is to remove, one-by-one, each of your traffic bgl's until you get a good load of the sim. At that point you will know which bgl is the culprit.For bgl's that don't play with AIFPC, you do have other options to convert the bgl. But that's a whole other bag of worms...RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest dasflies

Thanks guys, I guess the problem was with AIFPC. Reloaded everything with WOAI and used the program above and it works fine. Now I just need to get some better AFCAD gate setups for all these airlines ...

Be sure to edit the wing_span entries for all of your WoAI aircraft.....otherwise they won't park as expected in your AFCADsRhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

Make sure you are not running AIFPC on a 64-bit OS. It will cause issues in some of the compiled FSX BGLs and cause stalling at loadup (83%) which will depend on which bgls are active, pending your start location of the sim. You must use the existing version of AIFPC on any 32-bit OS. You can see my discussion with Peter regarding this issue on the WoAI forums. I was fortunite enough to still have a 32-bit WinXP box in the house on which, I run AIFPC directly across my LAN to decompile and recompile the traffic files directly on my FSX rig.Regards,

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Guest dasflies

Al, Thanks for this, wish I had known that this past weekend ! I am using 64bit Vista, which explains why it did not work. The new program Jim gave the link to seems to work great, even does converting in batches so I dont have to do one at a time...

I have just been using the WOAI installer and installing FS9 packages in FSX.The installer gives the option of doing this.Each time I do it says that another airline has been successfully installed.Is this not a correct way of installing?Thanks,Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

Guest dasflies

Well apparently there are some minor issues that occur when using FS9 traffic files with FSX, mainly with the days being off for the flight schedules. I just wanted to make sure I was using the right files for the right FS version to ensure that everything ran smoothly.

>I have just been using the WOAI installer and installing FS9>packages in FSX.The installer gives the option of doing>this.Each time I do it says that another airline has been>successfully installed.Is this not a correct way of>installing?Thanks,RonIt's an "ok" way of doing it, but it's not perfect.As was said your days-of-the-week will probably be off, and more importantly, most of those AI aircraft will not be properly set up to park correctly at FSX airports. (some wing_span entries will be off)But yes in general straight-installs like that will "work".RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

Thanks for that info.For the way I use FS that is good enough for now.Maybe I will do it differently this winter when I am "frozen in".Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.