Sign in to follow this  
McCrash

Any EPIC LT DYNASTY Reports

Guest JIMJAM

Looks like a Lancair on steroids. From the pics and description,the price makes it tempting.At least on my system,CRT displays and FSX do not like each other.The Columbia I have is unflyable as the displays devour the fps.Any Pireps,performace reports or other info welcomed. Thanks,Jim

Guest Nils79

Hi Jim,i bought her and i really like her. The performance is very good on my system and she is looking really sexy.. i mean the plane :) There are a few minor issues, but Bill is working on them.It's really an excellent plane, easy to handle and i can only recommend her.

Guest JIMJAM

Thanks for the report.Its a nice looking machine......

See some screenies I just posted in the Screenshots forum:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=274026&page=I "took a day off" from my own development work to enjoy Bill's new Epic Dynasty. It's a blast! ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

>Read page 13 of the manual before you purchase. Wish I had.If you are refering to the AP functionality, that has now been fixed to work as expected.Stay tuned... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest JIMJAM

Still holding off until I get some more performance reports.Its not the $$$ but in my case ,complex glass panel displays= hanger Queen.Fast+complex panels = slide show.Good to see the bugs and issues being adressed so quickly.

Guest Nils79

Believe me, the performance is really good. But you can also buy her at Flight1 and i'm sure you would get an refund, if you would not be able to enjoy her.

Guest lionheart777

Hey JimJam,I hear yah on the worries. To just let you know, the PFD and MFD CRT Screens are super low technology. I had been wanting to make a super basic version of Garmins long ago, and this is what that is.For instance, the MFD is nothing more then the FS9 GPS, modified into the panel you see now, with the Avionics bar across the top, and their controls for tuning freq's.The PFD is basically the FS9 747 stock PFD and MFD (non GPS) mixed together to give you the Garmin PFD graphics, and again, matching Avionics bar on the top.So if the stock FS9 747 runs good on your computer, then this should also. Main difference is the high useage of 32bit textures in the cabin and on the fuselage. Modify those to DXT3 in FS9, and DXT5/DDS in FSX, and it should run as fast as the Cessna 172.I even made 'on screen' click zones 'over' the digital readouts, such as backup Freq's, Heading, CRS, and Transponder, so its incredibly easy to operate. (The knobs and buttons still work for Freq and heading and CRS selections though, dual location click zones).However, on the down side, this is a very basic glass panel system, which means that there are 'no' menu/sub-menu systems and such, like on the actual Garmin G1000 systems. What you see is all there. For more authentic operating Garmin systems, you could go to Nick Pike who has a very nice system, and to Mindstar, who offer and extreme Garmin G1000. I didnt model knobs on the Garmin panels 'just' so one could retrofit other Glass Panel systems on it with no interference.If you have any other questions, let me know and I'll fill you in on what I can.BillLHCEDIT: I should add that we are prepairing Build 1.3, which should wrap up the FSX bugs that happened to sneak through. Build 1.2 which is presently out, fixes the localizer issues.

Guest JIMJAM

SOLDI am not a systems nutt and if the plane had steam gauges I would still be happy.I am old school and still bang on the display to make sure nothings hanging:-hah I prefer old radials that leak oil and matter o fact, just flew a good bit in the Shockwave B-17.Last night I was at 250 thousand ft, mach 4 in the X-15.I like to mix it up and depending on my mood, depends on my plane.I have real time in the Lancair and this plane captures that look.You sound like a straight up guy and your reputation in the sim community is very well deserved.I will pick her up and get back with a mini review later.Thanks gain for the info. Jim

Guest lionheart777

Hey Jim,You sound like me. If Im not flying the Piper Cub, I am in one of Tim Conrads StarWars craft. I make planes that range from the ole Junkers W series with radials, to the Epic LT. Got to have change.... I have to say that I am a Lancair nut. I fell in love with the Legacy and ES. Their company kind of chased me off though, lol. I wanted to make their planes, but they arent really into sims and shun them off, which is fine. Too many planes out there to model.Let me know if you have any questions. Also, we are about to release build 1.3 which should be in the next 2 days, so you may wish to hold off a short bit until that is out. It will have some extra goodies in the package.BillLHC

>Looks like a Lancair on steroids. From the pics and>description,the price makes it tempting.>At least on my system,CRT displays and FSX do not like each>other.>The Columbia I have is unflyable as the displays devour the>fps.>Any Pireps,performace reports or other info welcomed.>Thanks,JimI have that problem with the Liberty.

Guest DDAVIS

I have the epic and she flys right on my system witch is of course the following:Bio star 6100 motherboard with an amd 1st gen duel core processor1 gig of DDR ramnvidia 6300 gs video card500 gig Hard driveWindows 2000 professional.As for windows 2000, I am staying with it until i can upgrade the hardware for Windows 7. As of this time. All my flight Sim ad dons work well with some eating fps.