Sign in to follow this  
quantumleap

Double coastlines in Tunisia ?

Hi,I have noticed the presence of double coastlines in northern Tunisia : see the attached image : the center is located on DTTB airport, and the city in the upper right corner is Bizerte.I have UTX Europe installed : could it be the cause of this anomaly ?Obviously, Tunisia is not part of Europe, but the corresponding terrain file (cvx50180.bgl) includes south Sardinia as well.Can I do something to fix this problem ?Thanks for your answers.Alainhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/190962.jpg

You can get Flight1 support on this (UTX) at SimForums.ArtBiostar TF560-A2+, Athlon 64X2-6000+, 4GB RAM, Geforce 8800GTS-320MB, 500W PSU, 250GB HD, FSX (SP1-SP2), Vista Home Premium 32 bit, CH Yoke & Pedals, 22" WS LCD monitor

Art

OK Art,I confirmed this afternoon that UTX Europe was at the origin of the problem. After disabling UTX, the additional coastline disappeared.I will follow your suggestion, and post in the UTX forum.Thanks anywayAlain

The problem would seem to be the UTX Europe has replaced the coastline, but has not excluded and replaced the water body data. If you have the sdk installed you could load the UTX files and check.Should be in the Utxwater folder HP15018A also B, C, D and HP2, HP3, with the same letters. May be turned off (XXX). Also in the Utxexcl folder HPU5018U file. But I suspect that will only confirm that UTX needs to be fixed.scott s..

>The problem would seem to be the UTX Europe has replaced the>coastline, but has not excluded and replaced the water body>data.UTX Europe does not modify the coastline of Tunisia.This issue is not seen in an installation with just default FSX and the latest version of UTX Europe installed.Jeff

AVSimSig.jpg