Sign in to follow this  
Guest PPSFA

Thank YOU FSX and ALL 3PD's!

Guest PPSFA

And in a minute,I'll get to why, but first....I have been where many others still are, frustrated with the performance of FS, and that included FS9. I spent 100's of hours pouring through every forum for every 'tweak' I could find, in search of the 'Holy Grail' for FS. That was 2 years ago and I bit the bullet, bought a new system for FS9, had it tweaked for FSX, and have never looked back, thank you www.fs-gs.comI still see post after post after post of users having problems with FPS, blurries, stuttering, poor graphics, the list goes on, and I feel bad for those folks but...I just completed 3 solid days of flying, almost 20 hours worth, flying the PIC 737 and ES CJ1. My experiance has been nothing short of amazing, with weather that rivals what I see in the 'rw'. I dont usually add 'gimicks' to my sim, but I saw a post the other day mentioning something called FSWidgets GMap. On a whim I downloaded it and tried it.. WOW !I have always been curious as to exactly how accurate FS is, with all my addons, Scenery Tech, Genesis, ASX, FSX, GEX, UTX, etc. GMap put all my questions to rest! What a great freeware program! Not only does it show you every detail, you can zoom in and see the towns and road names as you pass, and FS matches almost exactly, textures, elevations, the whole 9 yards.What prompted me to write this was landing at Santa Monica, zooming in on Gmap, and seeing my plane sitting exactly where I was in FS, on the taxiway at the Hold Short line. Amazing!If you need a way to verify what you see in FS, GMap is the answer!Salute to ALL Addon developers, without you we would be in sad shape!XP Pro SP2-FSX SP2AMD FX60-8800GTS-2 Gigs RAMFEX-GEX-UTUSA-FSGenesis-and a bunch of other stuffComputer optomized by www.fs-gs.com

Guest tmilton

Nice! This looks very useful!

Yeah, I have to agree. I feel bad for all the users I see who are having problems with stutters, blurries, FPS issues, etc. I bit the bullet and built a new system in April that I was going to put FS9 on. I contacted Michael at FS-GS first to help me in picking the components then once the computer was done he did the install and setup. However, he talked my into leaving FS9 and doing the install for FSX. I was hesitant at first after reading all the bad posts about FSX performance, but he assured me that with my new system it FSX would run great, and after a four hour session he was right. I haven't even gone back to FS9 on my other computer since April when I got FSX. It was probably the best money I ever spent on flight sim. Now I can run full AI at 100%, weather could draw at 100 miles, full scenery complexity, etc, and enjoy all my addons with no performance issues. And the best part is between the system, addons, and the FS-GS service I have only spent about $2000. I see post all the time about people spending more than I did I their systems, and OC'ing, and a bunch of other stuff, and still cant get the right setup. Makes me wonder why alot of people dont just spend the few buck and have FS-GS do their setup. I mean if your gonna drop serious cash on a new system, why fiddle for hours, days, and even months trying all the various tweaks, when you can be done in about 4 hours. I did all that on the last go around with FS9. I like to do-it myself, but this time I decided to let someone else who's an expert do it, that way I can spend all my time flying and looking at posts on here. Oh well, I don't really care what everone else does, I am a happy camper with my FSX. Glad your having a blast with yours. :-)

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks for the heads up on Gmap! I am exploring Europe with UT Europe and FSMap. However, for many countries in Europe it is difficult to find maps (VFR). I have it installed on my client and currently passing over Bendeleben Germany in the Twotter! It runs great on my client via Simconnect!Thanks... Bob

>What prompted me to write this was landing at Santa Monica,>zooming in on Gmap, and seeing my plane sitting exactly where>I was in FS, on the taxiway at the Hold Short line. Amazing!>>If you need a way to verify what you see in FS, GMap is the>answer!>PPSFA, I want this free GMap! Where can I find it, please? There are numerous links in the search, which particular one did you refer to?Thanks,Dirk.

Ok, I've found it on fswidgets. 1)Will it also work for FS9? 2)On a separate PC? Thanks.

>Ok, I've found it on fswidgets. >>1)Will it also work for FS9? >2)On a separate PC? >>Thanks.Works perfectly on a separate PC via Simconnect.

Thanks BobP.Btw, anyone's using FEB? I got the both versions, but never got to make practical use of them in my FS flying. I'd appreciate if anyone could describe how they use FEB, and why it may be convenient in MSFS.I mean which feature of it do you find the most dear.Thanks.

Guest PPSFA

>PPSFA, I want this free GMap! Where can I find it, please?>There are numerous links in the search, which particular one>did you refer to?>>Thanks,>Dirk.Sorry, I should have posted the link...http://fswidgets.com/shop/download_files.phpI use the 'browser' version, scroll down the pageXP Pro SP2-FSX SP2AMD FX60-8800GTS-2 Gigs RAMFEX-GEX-UTUSA-FSGenesis-and a bunch of other stuffComputer optomized by www.fs-gs.com

>>>PPSFA, I want this free GMap! Where can I find it, please?>>There are numerous links in the search, which particular one>>did you refer to?>>>>Thanks,>>Dirk.>>Sorry, I should have posted the link...>http://fswidgets.com/shop/download_files.php>>I use the 'browser' version, scroll down the page>>XP Pro SP2-FSX SP2>AMD FX60-8800GTS-2 Gigs RAM>FEX-GEX-UTUSA-FSGenesis-and a bunch of other stuff>Computer optomized by www.fs-gs.comThe problem is GMap doesn't work in fullscreen mode, which makes it unusable for all of us who never fly in windowed mode.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Guest PPSFA

>The problem is GMap doesn't work in fullscreen mode, which>makes it unusable for all of us who never fly in windowed>mode.If you have a second computer, network it.XP Pro SP2-FSX SP2AMD FX60-8800GTS-2 Gigs RAMFEX-GEX-UTUSA-FSGenesis-and a bunch of other stuffComputer optomized by www.fs-gs.com

>Ok, I've found it on fswidgets. >>1)Will it also work for FS9?No. FS9 does not support SimConnect. >2)On a separate PC? Yes, but with FSX only... :)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

>Hi,>>Let's be fair here! Many things don't run on a second monitor>in Full Screen Mode because of the way FSX handles FSM and a>second monitor.> >Jim>>http://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpg>http://www.hifisim.com/Yes Jim, that is true. That's why i wonder why FS Web Communicator (http://fs-commercial.net/)can be ran in fullcreen and GMap or FS Map can't.Cheers.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White