Sign in to follow this  
Guest PPSFA

Thank YOU FSX and ALL 3PD's!

My problem with GMap is that it is very jerky as a moving map. In fairness all I did was install and run it with FSX. Tried different map modes and it still was too jerky for my taste.Nice idea tho.VicQ6600 G0 CPU 2.4 o/c 3.65Evga 680i A1 with P31 BIOS 2G XP2-8500 DDR2 1066FSB Mushkin 996535 RAM 5-5-4-12-2T320G 7200 HD partitioned for XP/Vista/Programs 2 - 74G Raptors in RAID0 500G 7200 HD for backup SATA DVD burner Evga 8800GTS 640 PCIx XG 174.74 702/1620/792Kandalf LCS case w/ built in liquid cooling 850W Thermaltake power supplyVisit the Virtual Pilot's Centerwww.flightadventures.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-supporter-sigbanner.jpg

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

To bad FSGS wont work with vista. And he has no intention of updateing his material to work with Vista. Sux

I'm not using the second screen because it goes black if i'm using fullscreen mode on the first one.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

I think it's a better idea to install it on a newtworked PC with its own monitor.

It's a pity that FSX is so clumsy with full screen mode. Perhaps, for future reference, they could implement something I saw done with Condor, the soaring sim, where there was a 'pseudo' full screen mode. It was simply a windowed mode, but the borders of the window were outside the screen - this allowed you to have multiple windows open, handy for doing online work with comms software, weather etc, and it still exactly like a full screen mode.P.S. Condor is also light years ahead of FS for realistic soaring, for those interested in that.

Does it ever rain there in Condor now? I bought it when it was released and I liked it a lot.

Sorry, OT now....Nope, no rain or anything like that - make no mistake, I'm not knocking FS - it's terrrain, variety, open-endedness etc is much better. But the core physics of Condor, as focused as it is on just one aspect of flying, is just so much better at simulating soaring. Perhaps that's the 'jack of all trades, master of none' aspect of FS though...

Guest PPSFA

>It's a pity that FSX is so clumsy with full screen mode.>Perhaps, for future reference, they could implement something>I saw done with Condor, the soaring sim, where there was a>'pseudo' full screen mode. It was simply a windowed mode, but>the borders of the window were outside the screen - this>allowed you to have multiple windows open, handy for doing>online work with comms software, weather etc, and it still>exactly like a full screen mode.>I use windowed mode for 2 reasons, I get better performance and I can use my second monitor for 'work' while I am flying. However I have it set so its almost like full screen, I moved the windows task bar to the second monitor, and resized the window instead of maximizing it. That way I can slide the top 'blue bar' almost out of sight at the top of the window, and its almost identical to FS in full screen mode.XP Pro SP2-FSX SP2AMD FX60-8800GTS-2 Gigs RAMFEX-GEX-UTUSA-FSGenesis-and a bunch of other stuffComputer optomized by www.fs-gs.com