Sign in to follow this  
Guest bigean

FRAPS for Screen Videos: Sound?

Guest bigean

Hi there,Hopefully this is the appropriate topic for this question.I have been testing FRAPS for recording flights. When it comes to sound, it's getting compicated. I'm flying online in VATSIM, and of course I want to record all the sounds: cockpit, mike and the online controller voices. Mike is okay being the input source. The other sounds are difficult. I was only able to connect an audio cable to PC #2 and record there. Big job to insert that wav into the video timeline at the right timespots.My specs: Gigabyte EP35-DS3 board with onboard Realtek 889A 8 channel, WinXP, Squawkbox 3.1.I would like to know:1. Is it possible to configure the PC sound setup so FRAPS gets all the sound at once? Of course I can select more "Windows input sources" at once, but that means all the sound goes online and ATC can not hear me "5 by 5" anymore because of all the background noise. I have "mutistream" capability in the Realtek driver. Can I seperate in a way - mike only goes into SB3, all sound goes to FRAPS?2. If not, is there a similar tool to FRAPS that can manage other audio input sources than the Windows assigned ones?Thanks for sharing experience!Bigean

Guest bigean

(Moved from Screenshot Forum by Mod)My question is here now, just want to add, I'm using FS2004. But it shouldn't matter for this question.THX, Bigean