Sign in to follow this  
Mace

DAL WOAI Latest?

Guest tcable

I'm having issues converting the latest DAL WOAI BGL to FSX format- I get errors on the loading of fsx every time. The FS9 bgl is fine (current repaints too!), but I lose the default ai (as we ALL know happens)I'm trying to use ai flight planner, and I get an 'unable to read from file' in fsx. Only seems to happen with DAL too. Go figure.TIATim

Get AIFPC, fs9 to fsx plan converter. it works fine. it should be here on avsim.

Yes try converting it with AIFPC.I did DAL manually myself about a year ago; I decompiled it using Jens Rabmund's decompiler (in the file lib here); then converted the dates; added my repaints; recompiled using TDBB.It was a lot of work :) but now it works 100% and it's a FSX bgl!I'd upload it but it's a mere conversion; not my original work. That's how about 60% of my AI is. All manual conversions using TDBB. The other 40% are WoAI converts using AIFPC.RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest tcable

Tried the converter- still nogo, both DAL and SWA. Even running the check shows all OK.in teh flightplans.txt, what does an FS9 vs FSX plan look like?I noticed that FP_FS9_FSX.exe uses ttools- the fs9 compiler. Unless of course this is NOT AIFPC. if not, where can I get it?

Interesting thread, I've loaded littereally 30 WOAI packages straight into my FSX/SP2 with out any issues, and without converting anything? I see the AI and they seem to park at the right locations....at least where I fly....so, my question is, what does converting flight plans actually do for FSX?Thanks all,

Have you tried Don Grovestine's AI program to convert?If it does not convert for you, using ANY of the converters, then your only option as I see it, is to do the conversion manually. If you want it 100% perfect, this process is very time-consuming. If you do not need it to be 100% perfect, then it's not so bad. Here is the download you'll need:fsx_flightplan_converter_1.0.zipUse any of the available programs to generate TTools plans (AIFPC will suffice). Then run the TTools files through Jen's Rabmund's converter per his instructions. Your output is in TDBB format that FSX uses. Naturally, you'll need to have all of the repaints and you'll need to create an aircraft and airports text files for them, to run through TDBB. Then you have two options:1) manually adjust the dates (move them one day back), or2) don't worry about the dates, and simply compile using TDBBI mention step#1 above, because Jen's converter does not take into account the shifting of days.Don't get me started on the strange practice of the continued release of FS9 traffic bgl files that are intended for use in FSX. ;)RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

Guest tcable

I'm with you there. Not to mention the fact that I've been able to convert all of my other WOAI plans without issue. I'm clinging to filling the rest of the skies with default AI along wit the real world airlines.I'll try the converter. If I still have issues I'll do multiple files- subsets by ac type, at least for Delta. SWA I'll need to do by some other logic.Just tried to run the converter and it will not run under vista x64, even in compatibility mode.Other options?During my fs9 days I spent too much time manaully creating ai traffic. I just don;t have time, so I need to have a simple procedure.Both DAL and SWA are rather large - a large number of flights, that might be part of it since the fs9 plans do work fine before converting.

Guest s0436

I have had no problems with WOAI in FSX, I just go to their official site, download the airline I want and use their FSX installer.

Unless you care about the default AI and the ship/boat traffic there is no need to convert anything.

Guest tcable

Right. I'm trying to retain the default AI to fill in areas that do not have third party AI installed, or to make up for traffic files that I have not installed.

>>Don't get me started on the strange practice >of the continued release of FS9 traffic bgl >files that are intended for use in FSX.>MaceWhy now after all these years is leaving a Flight Plan as a TTool type FP strange in respect to a FSX TDBB Flight Plan.I keep seeing these type statements but no evidence of why a FSX TDBB FP is better then a TTool type FP.Besides losing default AI Traffic (debatable) and large ships (cargo and carrier) what is it that you have studied which makes FSX TDBB FP's not be strange.

>>>>>Don't get me started on the strange practice >>of the continued release of FS9 traffic bgl >>files that are intended for use in FSX.>>>>Mace>>Why now after all these years is leaving a Flight Plan as a>TTool type FP strange in respect to a FSX TDBB Flight Plan.>>I keep seeing these type statements but no evidence of why a>FSX TDBB FP is better then a TTool type FP.>>Besides losing default AI Traffic (debatable) and large ships>(cargo and carrier) what is it that you have studied which>makes FSX TDBB FP's not be strange. (asbestos suit--ON)I said I was not going to go there.I have posted about this before, and half of the responses were "you hate TTools", and "you don't know anything". Actually, I kind of LIKE TTools, but the flamers don't have very good reading comprehension skills because they only read the first sentence of a post.I always try to promote people using add-ons to their sim that are designed for the latest available version of the sim--for a variety of reasons, not the least of which it makes it easier to diagnose system config issues. That is why I created and uploaded an FSX/TDBB flight plan for Copa Airlines early in the days of FSX--I wanted to attempt to try to get others to create true native FSX traffic bgl's.As you can see, my attempt failed, we still have major AI producers using TTools here in 2008. And I can see why. It's easy, it's flexible. It's fast. People have a lot of experience using it.People actually wanted me to BACKWARDS CONVERT my FSX Copa plans back to FS9! I told them to use Brian Wheatley's FS9 plans and TTools which are easily available.And there are side issues associated with using FS9 content. You and I produce airport scenery (fka AFCADs). Do you know what happens when someone downloads all of the WoAI packages, and installs them? Their aircraft will not park well at our airports, because nearly all of the wing_span values are woefully incorrect! I've had dozens of people contact me about this parking issue or that parking issue at an airport, and the reason is usually no fault of you or I--it is the wing_span value in the aircraft.cfg. It's all related to using FS9 content.Suffice it to say, there is NOTHING "better" about TDBB fp vs. a TTools FP, which seems to be your implication. I never said one was better than the other. (Truth be told I detest the inflexibility of TDBB, and hope we get something better for FS11)Rest assured my use of FSX only traffic bgl's is based upon my personal preference--namely my desire to use only FSX SP2 add-ons with my setup--which precludes me from using any FS9 traffic bgl's.Now, you coerced it out of me :) and I do have my asbestos suit on in case any of the TTools zealots want to try something.But as you can see, my reasons are personal. They are not based upon any technical issue which I may have discovered--other than the parking issue (which is not directly related to TTools or the type of bgl)Consequently, to each his own. If someone wants all FS9 traffic bgl's in their FSX, I say let 'em do it.RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

Guest tcable

I finally got DAL and SWA converted last night. I have no idea of what's different, but it worked.I know DAL is OK, because of flying I was doing at TJSJ last night. I'll need to verify SWA over the weekend.I'm enjoying the full skies with the default AI and real airlines. I like full skies even in areas where I have limited third party plans.That whole living world thing :)

>I finally got DAL and SWA converted last night. I have no>idea of what's different, but it worked.>>I know DAL is OK, because of flying I was doing at TJSJ last>night. I'll need to verify SWA over the weekend.>>I'm enjoying the full skies with the default AI and real>airlines. I like full skies even in areas where I have limited>third party plans.>>That whole living world thing :)Did you use AIFPC to convert to FSX? I've got over 60 WOAI packages installed including the DAL & SWA updates and they all were converted using AIFPC. I know everything is working properly because I had to rename the default trafficAircraft file so I wouldn't get default traffic.

System: i7-11700K, ASUS Prime Z590M-PLUS Motherboard, G-Skills Trident Z Series 64 GB DDR4 3200, Corsair RM1000x80 PLUS Gold, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll, GeForce RTX 4070 Super FE, NVIDIA Drivers 546.65, WD Blue NVMe m2  500GB SSD for Windows 10 Home v21H2,  WD Black SN850X 2 TB NVMe m2  for MSFS, Toshiba 2TB HD for data and other games, ViewSonic XG2705-2K  27" 2560x1440 144hz Monitor,  Thrustmaster Airbus flight stick, Logitech M510 wireless Mouse.

>I'm enjoying the full skies with the default AI and real>airlines. I like full skies even in areas where I have limited>third party plans.>>That whole living world thing :)Yeah it's nice isn't it. Talking about areas with limited third party flight plans, I am presently making plans for the Nicaraguan Air Force (what there is of it), and also domestic carriers La Costena and Atlantic Airlines......I have got the "living world thing" going in Nicaragua now at least. I think AI is a nice feature of the sim.RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett