Sign in to follow this  
Guest B52Drivr

CaptainSim 757 demo - black glass panel

Guest UlfB

Hi,I downloaded the CS 757 demo from the library and installed it. I was curious on what frame rate I would get.My problem is that all glass panels are black, though the engines are running. Anybody know if the glass panels are disabled in the demo or if I've missed some setting? Without the glass panels working it's very hard to say what impact this ac has on frame rate.Ulf B

Have you tried spinning the mousewheel somewhere on the glass maybe you can adjust the brightness or something. I've never touched or seen a CS product so it's just a guess. ;-)

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Ulf, I'm downloading it now. Will let you know what happens with the panel. What graphics card and what OS are you using? Craig

Guest UlfB

Thanks Daveo, but I've tried every knob I can think of.Since the FMC and systems are disabled, I guess it's natural that the glass panels don't work. The demos is so crippled it won't fly. Makes you skip this ac and wait for the PMDG MD-11 instead ;-)Now time to uninstall the demo.Ulf B

Guest UlfB

Craig,Here is my setup in brief:Core2Duo X6800 3.3GHz4GB RAM Corsair XMS2-8500C5BFG 8800GTX, Creative SB X-FiFSX Acc/SP2, Vista 32 SP1Ulf B

Ulf, Same thing as you. I tried flying it anyway and it's like my joystick is disconnected. Guess we'll have to look at the CS website. At any rate I have the original CS 757 and while I get outstanding Framerates with all other aircraft their original was like a slide show on my system. Sorry no help.CraigLian Li PC 65B CaseCorsair HX Series CMPSU-620HX 620W Power SupplyPlextor PX-810SA/SW-BL DVD/CDGiagabyte GA-P35-DS3RCrucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500)Arctic Freezer 7 ProIntel E6850 Core 2 Duo 3.0GHz 4M shared L2 Cache @ 3.6 GHzEVGA 7950GT KO 512mb 169.21_forceware whqlSeagate Barracuda 7200.10 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATASeagate Barracuda 7200.10 250GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATAWinXP Pro SP2

Guest UlfB

> Same thing as you. I tried flying it anyway and it's like my>joystick> is disconnected.>The readme file says that all control surfaces are disabled in the demo, which makes the aircraft unflyable. This seems to be a demo of textures, that's all :-(Thanks for you effort to help me out.I'm a little concerned when you say that you already have the CS757. The readme file state:"Please do not install the Free Demo if you already have the 757 Captain 4.1 product installed. You will see nothing new but damage your original installation."Hope you didn't mess up your original installation.Ulf B

I uninstalled the original quite some time ago as it was unflyable anyway. What a great demo. Can look but can't fly. Kinda of like buying a new car with no steering wheel so you can look at it but not drive it. What's the point of making a demo unflyable. All they had to do was time or date limit it. CS defies logic more oftenthan not. I do however have their C-130 and it's a great aircraft. Craig

Guest UlfB

>> I uninstalled the original quite some time ago as it was > unflyable anyway.>By all means, this IS a good demo of the CS757. It's unflyable ;-)I uninstalled the demo, and as usual there was some manual cleaning needed: I had to remove the CaptainSim folder and a Registry entry manually.Ulf B

Guest JIMJAM

Buy it!PT Barnum needs a chuckle.

Guest UlfB

>Buy it!>PT Barnum needs a chuckle.:-lol

JimJam, Do you own any CS products? CraigLian Li PC 65B CaseCorsair HX Series CMPSU-620HX 620W Power SupplyPlextor PX-810SA/SW-BL DVD/CDGiagabyte GA-P35-DS3RCrucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500)Arctic Freezer 7 ProIntel E6850 Core 2 Duo 3.0GHz 4M shared L2 Cache @ 3.6 GHzEVGA 7950GT KO 512mb 169.21_forceware whqlSeagate Barracuda 7200.10 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATASeagate Barracuda 7200.10 250GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATAWinXP Pro SP2

Guest PPSFA

I am no CS fan, but a friend of mine has this and talked me into getting it. I havent flown it yet,just looked it over, but I can tell ya this, it has one OUTSTANDING VC. We are going flying this afternoon, I may do a leg or two in it and see how she flys. If anything stands out, Ill report back if you want.XP Pro SP2-FSX SP2AMD FX60-8800GTS-2 Gigs RAMFEX-GEX-UTUSA-FSGenesis-and a bunch of other stuffComputer optomized by www.fs-gs.com

Guest UlfB

PPSFA,Make a note of what fps you get with the default FSX C172 (VC) and then what fps you get with the CS757 (VC). Would be interesting to see how big the decrease of fps might be.Ulf B

Guest PPSFA

>PPSFA,>>Make a note of what fps you get with the default FSX C172 (VC)>and then what fps you get with the CS757 (VC). Would be>interesting to see how big the decrease of fps might be.>>Ulf B>Good question so I just did a quick test, including a comparision with 2 other planes I fly a lot:Default 172: 2D/38 3D/28PIC 737: 2D/25 3D/15ES CJ1: 2D/25 3D/21CS 757: 2D/17 3D/14All tests done sitting on the runway at PBI, default fwd view. BTW I am really impressed with both the 2 and 3D cockpits on the 757 so I hope there are no showstoppers on this bird.XP Pro SP2-FSX SP2AMD FX60-8800GTS-2 Gigs RAMFEX-GEX-UTUSA-FSGenesis-and a bunch of other stuffComputer optomized by www.fs-gs.com