Sign in to follow this  
Luc Brusselmans

Default Sky textures

Evening everybody,Running a dual setup of both Fs-9 and Fs-X I switch on a regular basis between both sims.Last night it struck me that in Fs-9 skytextures are quite even. There is no banding whatsoever from the horizon upwards.Running with the same pc and drivers, I notice a distinct banding in fs-X.Now I am wondering if this is 'normal' or do I have some settings that can be adjusted to minimise or even get rid of those bands in the sky.Luc BrusselmansBadger - Belgiumps I'm running a 9800GTX with the latest official Nvidia drivers for both sims.

It is the other way around for me. The FS9 sky looks blocky in color and the FSX one is nice and smooth. Not sure what is causing it :S

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

For the FSX sky texture to work properly, texture filtering must be at least bilinear. Point filtering will produce banding.If for some reason the FS9 filtering settings are overriding the FSX settings for filtering and are set lower; that could explain this.

Thanks Guys,All hints seems very logical to me so I'm pounding my head in why I didn't come up with them myself.Anyway,I will try them out today.happy flyingLuc BrusselmansBadger - Belgium