Sign in to follow this  
Guest essoblue

BAE146 or ARJ for FSX with VC?

I think there is a gap in the market for a great BAE146/ARJ with great panel and VC. I know that Matthias Lieberecht has produced a really good 2D panel for FS9/FSX and that Jon Murchison & Mike Stone have produced nice renditions of the aircraft for FS9 that also work reasonably in FSX, but an FSX SDK version of the aircaft with excellent VC / 2D panel would be a great addition to everyones hangars.It is a great versatile aircraft with good STOL characteristics and although no longer produced, is in wide use around the world. Does anyone know of any plans to either extend existing models to include a decent VC or of any company with plans to produce a new version of the aircraft?Come on Aerosoft, Flight1 etc. what about it ?Cheers,Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

I don't know of any plans, but I agree that it's a great aircraft, and very distinctive. I've never understood why no-one has produced a commercial version, particularly when we still see so many around.Petraeus

Petraeus

I'll second that - for the life of me, I cannot figure out this need for Boeings and Airbuses being done by different teams over and over - don't get me wrong, I think there are some really good ones out there, but I'd much rather a high quality BAE than another 757, 777 or even 787. Boeing'ed out!Perhaps this is one for a vote!Leo Godalming UKhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpgMain PC:MSI P6N PlatinumXFX GeForce 512MB 8800 GTSQuad Core E6600 @2.4GHz3GB Corsair PC2-6400WD 250GB for Flight SimHitachi Deskstar 500GB - Dedicated FSXP, Regular XP and Vista2nd PC/WideFS:Asus P4V800D-XRadeon 9800 (256MB)Pentium IV 3.2 HT1GB DDR WD2500 250GB - XP

Louise

London, UK

I think one of the issues that may have put some developers off on this aircraft has been that it is no longer flying in North America.No doubt such a product would be successfull in Europe and the UK, there's some question whether there would be enough interest in it on the other side of the pond.But I'd also love to see someone do a good Bae146 with a VC etc for FS9 and FSX.The Eurowings version for FS9 seems to still be available though.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

The Eurowings version is very good, but unfortunately it doesn't have a VC. Given advancement in VC gauge technology it would be great to have an FSX bespoke build.Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Guest NoobPilot

I think that it would still be popular in north america. For instance, how popular are airbuses in North America, and they're made in Europe. Personally, I'm Canadian, and I just took a flight from Athens to Crete in one (Aegean Air) and it was a great flight. It seemed to be a very powerful aircraft for its size.

I'm in the U.S. and if someone makes a high quality model with realistic systems simulation then I'm in whatever the aircraft is.I'd just have to do some flying in new and exciting places I guess:).That'd be a good aircraft for the Carribean, too.KailFlightSimmer since 1987C2D E6850 3.0GHz 1333FSBXFX Nforce 680i LT SLI2x XFX 8800GT 512MB SLI'd4GB Crucial Ballistix PC6400 800MHzCreative SB Audigy2 ZSUltra Xfinity 600W SLI PSUSeagate 320GB SATA-3GB/S HD for O/SWD 160GB SATA 3GB/S HD for FSXWindows XP SP3 / FSX SP2 / FS9 SP1

Thanks for listening,

Kail

>I think that it would still be popular in north america. For>instance, how popular are airbuses in North America, and>they're made in Europe. Its not about where its made, but where its flying, because being able to make repaints etc etc is part of the reason people might want it, and it doesn't fly in North America anymore. Just about all Airbus variants are still flown in North America.I think the parallel current example is Digital Aviation's F100. The F100 is in the same situation I think. A model that is no longer being manufactured still flown by Airlines in Europe, formerly but no longer being flown by Airlines in North America (outside of Mexico I think).That probably will be a good test case as to whether a 146 add-on model would have a lot of interest in North America.Based on what I've seen so far the DA F100 so far appears more popular with the Europeans.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

Sad day.Just received a news letter from the BAE Panel Project, and it seems that Matthias Lieberecht, is hanging up his hat and no longer progressing developments of the 146 2D panel (or others) for FSX. Another avenue gone and the loss of one great panel developer. I wish Matthias all the best in whatever he does in the future.Cheers, StuartCopy of his email below:Hi All,After now 10 years of panel design and 5 years BAe Panel Project (please see the 10th anniversary site for more information) I decide to stop the BAe Panel Project now. It was difficult for me to come to this decision but after a good deal of thoughts I feel confident that it is necessary. This decision didn

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Because I think it is a realistic expectation that there will be more 787's modelled, given time? My comment was merely expressing that we seem to have so many Boeings modelled over and above everything else(and I would say when Airsimmer and the other Airbus are released, we will have the same situation with them). Granted, they may be the worlds biggest aircraft mfr, but don't forget there are lots of other ones out there! Leo Godalming UKhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpgMain PC:MSI P6N PlatinumXFX GeForce 512MB 8800 GTSQuad Core E6600 @2.4GHz3GB Corsair PC2-6400WD 250GB for Flight SimHitachi Deskstar 500GB - Dedicated FSXP, Regular XP and Vista2nd PC/WideFS:Asus P4V800D-XRadeon 9800 (256MB)Pentium IV 3.2 HT1GB DDR WD2500 250GB - XP

Louise

London, UK

Guest essoblue

I remember just before FSX was released Aerosoft/Digital Aviation toyed with the idea of upgrading the Eurowings model adding to add a vc and other modifications but I guess that idea is no longer on the cards, given that they've released a F100. they were also part way through a CRJ which looked very promising.