Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

Clouds

>Now you know one of the reasons I have no need for possible>"waving hands" in the next version of MSFS. There are just>too many components of real flight that need addressing>first.>>RichardHah! Good point, Richard. Hard to disagree, but FS+ wouldn't have been possible without addressing different groups of simmers and players.Dirk.

>(Try setting their slider to the max and doing a rw>download).>Even in FS9 yet if you set them at full 100% 3D and max range, the FPS will plunge down at times under the real weather and supersampling AAx4S /AFx8 combination.

>This is something that ACES REALLY needs to address. How>about being able to see cloud shadows on the ground and also>being able to see the walls of precipitation falling from a>thunderstorm at a distance?>>To me, this is more important than having people waving>goodbye at you or giving you the birdie if you arrive late to>the gate.>______________>>Efrain RuizI have a feeling the composition of ACES has changed from Flight simmers/Real world Pilots to gamers and gaming technologists. BTW.. this is purely a hunch.This team mix seems to reflect on what comes out of the ACES team. That's just my hunch.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest Stephen L

Let's hope that the next incarnation of the sim will bring us at least a closer representation of weather and atmospherics. Cloud shadows are a must IMO.Check this video out though. Pretty neat: http://vimeo.com/1279152regards,-Steve

Guest player1

>Let's hope that the next incarnation of the sim will bring us>at least a closer representation of weather and atmospherics.>Cloud shadows are a must IMO.>>Check this video out though. Pretty neat: >http://vimeo.com/1279152>>regards,>>-SteveAmen.

Guest Boaz

I remember in the late 90's, that Flight unlimited II had some nice weather features. They had poor cloud penetration effects, but at least they could produce a cloud FLOOR that was so thick, that you could not see anything bellow it.This is what is still needed.Boaz.

Guest player1

>I remember in the late 90's, that Flight unlimited II had>some nice weather features. They had poor cloud penetration>effects, but at least they could produce a cloud FLOOR that>was so thick, that you could not see anything bellow it.>>This is what is still needed.>>Boaz.The rain was incredable as well.FSX wet look pavement is stunning...But the rain and snow animation is as bad as it gets while flying

Agree that fuIII was way ahead of it's time-and an amazing sim-though the first sim with sliders which ultimately caused its demise imho when everyone including me turned them to the max to see what it was capable of and then found poor fps.However the rain in fuIII was imho just as bad as in fsx-neither is right...fuIII looked like a car going 30 mph and fsx looks like some wierd happy experience...What the real thing looks at at 186 knots..waiting...:GeofaMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/190981.jpg

Guest fsxmissionguy

>This is the way I see it... If I need to BUY 3rd party addons ... in >order to make my flight simming more realistically, then>it's obvious that MS is failing tremendously.I don't think it's obvious at all that Microsoft is failing tremendously. You've made a fairly common logical mistake in advancing this argument: that the mere presence of "upgrades" means that the original product is somehow flawed, or a failure.That logic is flawed.I would argue that if you could not "upgrade" Flight Simulator, if the code did not allow it, if ACES didn't produce an SDK, if the system was closed off to third-party developers ... THEN that would indicate a failure.On the other hand, Microsoft goes out of its way to enable 3rd parties to improve the simulator by adding their unique capabilities and artistry to the "simulation ecosystem." That's forward-thinking development.Cheers,

I've seen you post that pic before and it's amazing. At least to me who doesn't see that very often.I just saved that pic and will try to blow it up and see if it's suitable for Windows wallpaper. :)RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest player1

>Agree that fuIII was way ahead of it's time-and an amazing>sim-though the first sim with sliders which ultimately caused>its demise imho when everyone including me turned them to the>max to see what it was capable of and then found poor fps.>>However the rain in fuIII was imho just as bad as in>fsx-neither is right...fuIII looked like a car going 30 mph>and fsx looks like some wierd happy experience...>What the real thing looks at at 186 knots..waiting...:>>>Geofa>My blog:>http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/>>http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/190981.jpg>Nice pic. Yeah...I may suffer from selective memory syndrome, I looked at some old UT screenies and have to concur, but that was then & now! You need more rainX or somthing :)...Most of the time I fly its in a Falcon 500/900 (in the jump seat when not discussing business), maintenance must be keeping the screen all waxed up. We've had some major rain storms this summer but the screen stays pretty clear with some rare exceptions...beyond that the rain that zooms past is much more blured than the million line stripe animation of FSX. Cheers.

Guest player1

>I have a feeling the composition of ACES has changed from>Flight simmers/Real world Pilots to gamers and gaming>technologists. BTW.. this is purely a hunch.>>This team mix seems to reflect on what comes out of the ACES>team. That's just my hunch.>>MannyHope it comes back together....get the art dept full of talent and keep em there all the way thru this time.

PM sentRhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB