Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

Clouds

Guest player1

>Because some people will look to anything just to complain!>>JimAnd then there are others who like to keep their head in the sand. :-wave

...and perhaps there is the bigger "picture"...Frankly, I don't give a fig about waving persons-I'd turn them off in a second if there is a slider.(I do like the inclusion of wildlife and cars in fsx though-this has improved my personal reality). All of us have our own realities...for some it is fmc (never touched one myself) or sids/stars...(after flying to almost all the US states (5 remaining) in almost 20 years have only had 12-15 of those myself out of 1314 landings..).I have had potential bird strikes many more times, and see auto traffic every time.My flying partner just finished a CAP cadet who got his PPl license with 42 hours-rather good!He spent lots of time using Msfs-in fact it may have been things like the future waving people that got him turned on when he was young to spend hours on the sim which obviously helped his real rating out...his instructor attributes his fast license to this.A bad thing?Reality-what gives the sense of real flying-different for everyone...If waving people encourages a new generation of kids to do the real thing, or birds/cars make my experience more real/or cloud shadows (which I personally would wish for fps in the dumps included) -isn't it all valid?Let's bring on "reality" for everyone-a little at a time, and with every new version.GeofaMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

Guest player1

Its all Valid, sure. I think we all love the eye candy, but at what cost? Wouldn't you rather incourage development of good base ground textures, terrain, shorline and road effects, better handling of the Ag and weather effects, ATC and not let any of that slip for the sake of eye candy?I think many of us are afraid it will continue to slip..comments about how the Aces core group changed from a group that really apreciated flying and how things look from that perspective compared to what seems now as a total lack of apreciation of that aspect seem to ring true.You & I are the customers and supporters of this great fun hobby and I think some of us are desperate to send a measage to Aces to fix certain things that have been a step backword (pop up AG etc) I for one am very sceptical of the direction it has taken, DX10 was bull, so was the way many of the patches broke things for the sake of what?look arround at all the post since FSX came out...It has not been the best ride, just look at the post that fill the board just past week..still asking should I patch or no? how is DX10? How to fix VC rain issue etc etc etc.So...People that wave and wiggle...Cool!!! Really...But Please Aces..Fix the sim first!

Interesting-the Aces team that I met that made fsx were pretty much all flyers...You state that was not the best ride..if the team has been changed to non flyers (is there evidence of that?) is it gonna be worse in your perspective? Flyers=bad from what you say. Will it be any worse with non flyers?Yes dx10, vista and all that was a problem. Was that aces fault?I hate Vista-but I can't really blame Aces for that.Vc rain issue-it never was very real either way-though fs9 was closer. I'd like it to be real though...maybe fs11."good base ground textures, terrain, shorline and road effects, better handling of the Ag and weather effects"is exactly why I left fs9 for fsx..as far as atc-I find it pretty good-for the ifr Ga flying I have done the last 18 years it is pretty close. Is it perfect?-no-waiting for improvements too(how about what happened to me last week flying into New York airpspace-every 5 minutes-7345R-new full route clearance-are you ready to copy? I haven't seen any program do that-happens more than sid/stars in my reality). I've bought all the add ons in this area too-they are also limited in different ways and I always come back to the default-after all the ability to request a particular approach for every airport in the world is pretty compelling.GeofaMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/