Sign in to follow this  
Mace

no ai traffic at LIMC milan malpensa

cannot see any ai traffic at this fairly busy airport. not sure when problem began. running win xp (sp 3), fsx (sp2) and world of ai with all flight plans converted to fsx format. same result with default limc scenery or a new ray smith afcad for limc. fsx running well. plenty of ai activity at other italian airports, as well as other countries.any suggestions? thanks.steve chavin

was there ever any ai at that airport. Otherwise you may have an unconverted fs9 plan going there it wil lcause that problem.

>cannot see any ai traffic at this fairly busy airport. not>sure when problem began. running win xp (sp 3), fsx (sp2) and>world of ai with all flight plans converted to fsx format. >same result with default limc scenery or a new ray smith afcad>for limc. fsx running well. plenty of ai activity at other>italian airports, as well as other countries.>>any suggestions? thanks.>>steve chavinSteve, I had a similar problem as well with the WOAI. It seems that when I installed the WOAI Military packages, there were also AFCADS installed with the package. I thought it was wierd when I landed in Rome once and the AI was there but the buildings and terminals were missing. Once I went into the Addon Scenery/scenery folder and removed all the WOAI AFCADs and exclude files it cleared everything up. Good thing the AIFPC converter placed fsx at the end of the file name or I never would have found it.Also, I had a similar problem at Heathrow. I had loads of traffic at Gatewick but not a stitch at Heathrow. This time it was nothing to do with an AFCAD. I went through all my AI bgls and found that I hadn't converted one using AIFPC. Once I converted that one file I had traffic back at Heathrow. It's funny too, that the one I didn't convert didn't even have a flight plan flying into Heathrow. I guess it was just enough to cause a problem though.I would take a look at these two possibilities and see. It's probably one of the two or a combination. WOAI installed a few AFCADs in that area. One thing that is weird though with LIMC, is that I have flow in there and had traffic departing in one direction and planes landing in the opposite direction on the ajacent runway.Good luck and let us know if you get it fixed.Sean

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

OK you cannot use FS9 Afcads in FSX without modifying them this is what may be the cause of your problem There have being discussions about this on the PAi forums. They have a few differences of whch i am not sure but you may want to make sure they are FSX compatible afcads b4 installing them.

Yeah it wasn't until in was in Rome did I realize that WOAI's installer placed FS9 AFCADs into my addon scenery/scenery folder when I installed the military packages. Wonder if the original poster got his problem fixed.

thanks to everyone for the various suggestion. my problem has not yetbeen solved.here is some further information. i do not recall whether i flew into limc in fsx, so i do not know if the absence of aircraft is new. i have used aifpc.zip to convert all of my woai traffic bgls to fsx format; i rechecked and confirmed that every one of the woai bgls has .fsx appended to its name, although i have not attempted to verify that the decompiled flight plans are in fact fsx plans. i have never installed woai military planes or flights; but, just in case, i looked in my addon scenery/scenery folder to ensure that there were no woai afcads.according to woai, limc is served by a huge number of italian and non-italian airlines. inasmuch as the several italian ( venice tessera, rome lirf, and torino casale) and numerous non-italian (le bourget, nice, heatrow, eglc) airports i have checked all have adequate amounts of ai planes and traffic, it appears that the problem is either limited to, or very much worse at, malpensa.any further suggestions or advice will be welcomed.

Wow thats wierd. I have all 300 and some WOAI packages installed and have load of traffic there. Since you dont have the military stuff installed, and no bad AFCADs, it would lead me to believe there must be a bad .bgl traffic file somewhere mixed in. I see that you checked to make sure all the traffic files had the fsx appened file name. What I would do is make a another folder on your desk top and drag maybe 1/2 the trafic blg's over there and start FSX and see if you have traffic limc. If you now have trafic then one of the bgl's you took out was bad. Keep adding the bgls back into the fsx folder until the traffic disappears again then you will be able to narrow it down. That how I found the bad one that was causing no traffic at Heathrow. It took one bad bgl to mess up all my Heathrow traffic. This may not work for sure with you, but its worth a try if you have the time. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

According to the WOI web site they have 56 packages that fly into that aitport. Just click on the airports link at top and type in the icao code and you will see all the packages that go there.

>One thing that is weird though with LIMC,>is that I have flow in there and had traffic departing in one>direction and planes landing in the opposite direction on the>ajacent runway.>Sean this can happen if the AI were spawned after a wind/weather change. The older AI will still be using the old headings and the new AI will do approaches based on the new wind direction.RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB