Sign in to follow this  
G7USL

One Spring Morning at Biggin Hill- a Colonials reflecti...

This morning began like countless others. Breakfast with my son, drop him off at school and then the morning routine of my day off. Chores and sundries, errands and odd bits.I

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Guest dpc

Great read! I really enjoyed that. :-beerchug

Guest rmaan89

A wonderful read! It was like being there with you! Simulation or not, sometimes I feel as if I am actually there as well! Beautiful story! Thanks for sharing :)Arman Motiwalla

Hayyyy how you doing ? .. i was the Biggin Approach controller that day , im glad you had fun i did too thanks for flying , lets do it more often . I may even get my Spit out of the hanger and join you :) Rich Biggin Hill Airport Manager Vatsim

ugcx_banner.png

should have flown the dual control spit as I was up there with you all the way, could even smell the fuel on my clothes. great story look forward to next read

>Hayyyy how you doing ? .. i was the Biggin Approach>controller that day , im glad you had fun i did too thanks for>flying , lets do it more often .> I may even get my Spit out of the hanger and join you :) >> Rich >> Biggin Hill Airport Manager Vatsim Rich- thanks again- hope this is a small form of repayment for your kindness yesterday morning. Also- there's a glaring error- the Merlin I wax on about is actually a Griffon- but the glorious symphony is the same.For those who responded, my thanks- this is a wonderful pastime- affordable for the common man- not having to deal with those pesky Rolls-Royce top overhauls and what not ;)Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

I'm sitting here in my virtual cockpit, the weight of too many years pressing down, with tears in my eyes. Your words painted such a wonderful and dramatic scene that it actually made me sad - sad that I couldn't be sitting in that snarling, creaking beast with my hand gently resting on the throttle and the smells of history running through my consciousness.Thank you - I don't seem to be able to say much more than that.fb

>I'm sitting here in my virtual cockpit, the weight of too>many years pressing down, with tears in my eyes. Your words>painted such a wonderful and dramatic scene that it actually>made me sad - sad that I couldn't be sitting in that snarling,>creaking beast with my hand gently resting on the throttle and>the smells of history running through my consciousness.>>Thank you - I don't seem to be able to say much more than>that.>>fbYou said plenty..........thank-you!Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

......And so if anyone would like to buy the recently vacated house next door to Carl please let the seller know? ;-)Seriously, nice read Carl, thanks for sharing your joy.

Dave Taylor gb.png