Sign in to follow this  
Guest essoblue

Wilco's 737 for FSX any good?

Guest PPSFA

I fly it a lot in multiplayer, works great on my machineXP Pro SP2-FSX SP2AMD FX60-8800GTS-2 Gigs RAMFEX-GEX-UTUSA-FSGenesis-and a bunch of other stuffComputer optomized by www.fs-gs.com

I find it superb. I have the DVD versionfor FSX SP1 SP2 with Vista 32. No stuttersor blurs as long as you have low traffic& low autogen at complex airports.Peter Sydney AustraliaCore 2 Duo 4 gig ram

>How bad is Wilco's 737 Pilot in Command for FSX? I haven't>read much good about it. Should I wait for PMDG NG?>Greg Moore>http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg>http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/for...argo_hauler.gifContrary to what you've heard it isn't a bad AC at all. It evens works good on an older 2 GHZ box. I bought it because it seems like the NG is gonna take 3 years to be released. :(

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Hi Greg, I fly it in FSX SP2. I am very, VERY, picky about what add-ons I'll use, and I have enjoyed the 737PIC. Nice looking model, good number of systems simulated, and I haven't run in to any snags. Hope this Helps,KailFlightSimmer since 1987C2D E6850 3.0GHz 1333FSBXFX Nforce 680i LT SLI2x XFX 8800GT 512MB SLI'd4GB Crucial Ballistix PC6400 800MHzCreative SB Audigy2 ZSUltra Xfinity 600W SLI PSUSeagate 320GB SATA-3GB/S HD for O/SWD 160GB SATA 3GB/S HD for FSXWindows XP SP3 / FSX SP2 / FS9 SP1

Thanks for listening,

Kail

Guest fsxmissionguy

Not to mention ... you can actually purchase it and fly it!That's always a bonus in my book!

One issue that I've noted, although perhaps trivial compared to systems and flight modelling, is that the VC gauges are almost unreadable at night since they switch at night time to a much lower brightness. I'm not sure how it works that VC gauge brightness is somehow affected by the time of day, but the PFD and ND are hard to read. Just my impression and maybe a patch since has fixed that. Also, for some equally inexplicable reason, when the flight deck lights are turned on at night time ( "L" key), the VC gauges are brighter (rather than what one would expect to be the other way around).I also see this exact same issue with the CS B757, so it must be some sort of FSX programming thing maybe?Otherwise I agree with the other posters.Bruce.

Guest diajohn2

I find the product quite good. Not quite up to a PMDG or LDS but very good for flying. You would do well to put her in your hanger.

Guest essoblue

". . . Not to mention ... you can actually purchase it and fly it!That's always a bonus in my book!. . . "Agreed. . . if anyone can contemplate waiting for PMDG to come out with their promised 737 ng package they've got a lot of patience to say the least. Many have been waiting for the MD11 for nearly four years. I prdict that the PMDG 737 ng, if it comes out at all will be for FS next.