Sign in to follow this  
Guest player1

Will FS11 be a console port?

Guest sillyeagle

Not likely, but check out these comments from Microsoft. Doesn't look good for PC gaming when even GAMES FOR WINDOWS is pushing XBOX SALES.... {Fake quote tag}

Guest fsxmissionguy

I wouldn't think so, as there are severe limitations within the world of FS that limit its appeal to the Xbox market (things like ... no explosions, missiles or cars which can be stolen.)

And all the best user created content is from pcs, not 360s.Imagine trying to create a level using a joypad?

Guest UlfB

>Not likely, but check out these comments from Microsoft. >Doesn't look good for PC gaming when even GAMES FOR WINDOWS is>pushing XBOX SALES.... >>{Fake quote tag}>

Guest Nils79

>People like to make the comment that Microsoft is only in it>for the money, so I have to laugh when Microsoft comes right>out and says it.A company which doesn't want to make profit would make me laugh.

Guest JIMJAM

Coming from a mid forties gamer that has been into flight sims since day one, I welcome a console flight sim with open arms.I have a box full of sims collecting dust,Falcon Allied Force,IL2 1946,Third Wire's Strike Fighters,WOV,First Eagles,Acceleration,X-plane 9.I buy any flight based game really just to keep the genre alive.Lets face it,we take what we can get. I recently committed the ultimate PC gamers sin and bought a PS3.After wasting a couple hundred on PC shooters in which 1/2 did not even run, I threw in the towel.I simple refused to accept buying a $400 vid card,$300 in ram and reinstalling my OS as a solution to getting a $50 game to run when I met all the specs on the box.I have 6 or so PS3 games which I also played on my PC so I have a good side by side comparison.Let me tell ya, on a 32 inch Aquos at 1080,1920X1050, todays games are breathtaking.The best thing that can happen for the flight sim community are more CONSOLE Flight games.I do not care if its shooting aliens,WW2 shoot em ups or Mario flies jets. Anything flight oriented is GOOD.As with the driving games, flight games would become more sophisticated and the peripherals will follow.The PS3 already had a mini keyboard.Seeing how long they have reincarnated Falcon and the IL2 series, you diehards should not panic. Heck, the original Red Baron still has a following. So even if MS killed the PC sim, its not going anywhere for a LONG time.Who knows, maybe in 2020 you maybe able to run it wide open with all sliders maxxed.Just without the bloom on:-lol

Yes, he said this in a large, 2 part article. There is a lot in there, see:http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/micr...s-europe-part-1http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/micr...s-europe-part-2First, Peter is not Games for Windows, he is MGS Europe which is in the Robbie Bach org of which XBox is a part. Europe lags North America in XBox sales, so I suspect he is tasked with helping to grow EU XBox. So there is a business goal connection here.He also noted that:A) the Vista business is just as important:( simultaneous title releases in areas where the PC is strong do not help XBoxthe 2nd point is what this quote refers to. I think you have to read the entire article and not just a selected bit so that context is clearer.In terms of FS, FS doesnt release simultaneously on both PC and XBox, it is a PC only title. So FS clearly doesnt fit this situation.Whats more, the recent Games for Windows announcementhttp://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-9996906-1.html?hhTest=1around making Live free and other initiatives like Marketplace speaks to point A being reality based since why spend the sort of money that is being invested in GfW unless it is important? This announcement was by Kevin Unangst who is in Games for Windows, which is part of the Windows division. So again there is a clear business connection goal. I dont think this sort of marketing news ought to cause any alarm to the community. It is definitely not correct to try to attribute Peter's quote to GfW and then try to make out some "death of PC games" and then jump to "death of FS on the PC" and thence to "FS will be a console game". There is no evidence to support such a causal chain.Will some title from Aces ever release on a console - unknown. Will FS continue to release on the PC - yes. FS is and will remain a PC game. Certainly FS11 has been pitched and accepted as a PC title.

Guest santiagoluib3

>Coming from a mid forties gamer that has been into flight>sims since day one, I welcome a console flight sim with open>arms.>I have a box full of sims collecting dust,Falcon Allied>Force,IL2 1946,Third Wire's Strike Fighters,WOV,First>Eagles,Acceleration,X-plane 9.>I buy any flight based game really just to keep the genre>alive.>Lets face it,we take what we can get. >I recently committed the ultimate PC gamers sin and bought a>PS3.After wasting a couple hundred on PC shooters in which 1/2>did not even run, I threw in the towel.>I simple refused to accept buying a $400 vid card,$300 in ram>and reinstalling my OS as a solution to getting a $50 game to>run when I met all the specs on the box.>I have 6 or so PS3 games which I also played on my PC so I>have a good side by side comparison.>Let me tell ya, on a 32 inch Aquos at 1080,1920X1050, todays>games are breathtaking.>The best thing that can happen for the flight sim community>are more CONSOLE Flight games.>I do not care if its shooting aliens,WW2 shoot em ups or Mario>flies jets. Anything flight oriented is GOOD.>As with the driving games, flight games would become more>sophisticated and the peripherals will follow.>The PS3 already had a mini keyboard.>Seeing how long they have reincarnated Falcon and the IL2>series, you diehards should not panic. Heck, the original Red>Baron still has a following. So even if MS killed the PC sim,>its not going anywhere for a LONG time.>Who knows, maybe in 2020 you maybe able to run it wide open>with all sliders maxxed.>Just without the bloom on:-lol>PS3, IMO, has the right processing power to run the complexities of FSX or any PC flight sim. Imagine an FSX written for PS3, which fully utilizes the box's "physics chip" to handle flight dynamics, damages, weather, etc., and the rest of the CPU/GPU muscle for the eye-candy. I think one of the limitations of the box at this moment would be the limtied input peripherals. Flight Sims requires hundreds of input controls which the gamepad/joypad/what-pad cannot accomodate. I would like PS3 to support a keyboard and a mouse, on top of its current support for controllers.

Thanks for the info Phil!! I am a PC gamer, my 360 and PS3 don't get any use other than when my nephews come over, LOL. One of my fav PC only FPS titles has suffered because of console development stealing resources from PC development and I have a really bad taste because of it.Regards, MichaelKDFW

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI-x16 / AMD

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest B52Drivr

Hello All, Plain and simple, when XBox and PC3 or whatever, offers the flexability of a PC for addons, and yokes and throttles and the like, I would then think about a console. Until that time, it's pc all the way for me. If they no longer offered FS in a PC format, I guess I would just have to continue to fly FS9 until FSX got better and then stick with that until I did my final landing on this earth. No way would I presently use FS on a XBos presently with the limitations that a console presently hss.Best to allClayhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...ers/Dopke01.jpgClayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"

>Hello All, >>Plain and simple, when XBox and PC3 or whatever, offers the>flexability of a PC for addons, and yokes and throttles and>the like, I would then think about a console. Until that>time, it's pc all the way for me. If they no longer offered>FS in a PC format, I guess I would just have to continue to>fly FS9 until FSX got better and then stick with that until I>did my final landing on this earth. No way would I presently>use FS on a XBos presently with the limitations that a console>presently hss.>>Best to allNo one at Aces is talking about an XBox title from Aces replacing the PC titles ( plural ) currently planned from Aces. And any talk about a PS3 version is laughable, for the obvious reasons.When we do talk about the possibility of an XBox title internally, it is in *addition* to PC titles and not instead of.The next 2 titles from Aces are PC titles only:1)TrainSim2 due Holiday 20092)FS11 delivered after TrainSim2 I have already broadly hinted about the release timeframe for FS11 multiple times so I wont repeat that here.Is this clear to the community?

Guest player1

>No one at Aces is talking about an XBox title from Aces>replacing the PC titles ( plural ) currently planned from>Aces. And any talk about a PS3 version is laughable, for the>obvious reasons.>>When we do talk about the possibility of an XBox title>internally, it is in *addition* to PC titles and not instead>of.>>The next 2 titles from Aces are PC titles only:>1)TrainSim2 due Holiday 2009>2)FS11 delivered after TrainSim2 >>I have already broadly hinted about the release timeframe for>FS11 multiple times so I wont repeat that here.>>Is this clear to the community?>So if we read between the lines here Phil,;) what your really saying is (wink wink)FS11 will probably be available for use on our cell phones, I-pods and all gaming consoles at the same time of the PC version launch sometime next month or shortly there after including the deluxe version which runs TrainSim and FS11 as one package simultaneously with the new TraficSim program...Is that right? (wink)

Clear as a bell Phil.We've often been puzzled by some in this community who do not wish to be confused by the facts.:-)WAGs based on rumour and misinformation seem to crop up from time to time and in this case we supect that the truth will eventually sink in to the hard heads of those who lean towards conspiricy theories.:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Phil, can you look at my post (first page under my user name)on the Hangar forum and share your thoughts on it? ty

Eric 

1 reply beneath my current threshold, in slashdot terms. wink, wink.