Sign in to follow this  
rhodges

PFE/PF2000 Repeated Communications????

For some reason I occasionally get repeated communications to and from AI Aircraft from the PFE ATC. For example, I am presently on a flight from KICT to KLWB at 27,000 in the Aeroworx King Air. I hear: "Turn left heading 270 degrees" from ATC, and then hear "Roger, turn left heading 270 degrees" in the reply from an unknown aircraft which is fine. However, then this cycle is repeated and I hear the exact same comminication over again. On this particular flight I have heard numerous such repeated communications, and they have been repeated only once (so far). However, this has happened many times on many flights and on some of them the communication just keeps on repeating multiple times until some point where it stops for unknown reasons. I am using Ultimate Traffic in FSX and PAI aircraft in FS9. It happens in both. This only happens with other aircraft. All communications between ATC and my aircraft are normal and work fine. I am not absolutely sure that this is always the case, but the repeated communications seem to always originate from ATC and the reply is from the aircraft, not the other way around. Neither are identified, and only the command is included in many if not possibly all of these communications.I posted this on the OnCourse Forum several days ago, but thus far have not received anything in the way of a solution in a reply. There have been a couple of confirmations from others that have experienced the same thing. I thought with more exposure, someone here might have an idea or two here at AvSim.This is in no way meant to bad mouth the PFE/PF2000 program. I highly recommend it. It is almost worth having just for the taxi instructions to the takeoff runway. The program now designates all taxi ways in the Ground clearance, then includes audio instructions along the way (i.e. turn right A1, Turn left A etc. etc.). I hope that soon the same instructions will be available after landing to the assigned gate or Ramp position. It sure makes the taxi routine a snap. Thanks Dave. This program is one of my number one favorites and I use it on virtually all of my flights.No biggie, but I am curious. Any ideas?Respectfully:RTHASUS P5N-E-SLI MotherboardIntel E6600 Core2 Duo CPUZalman CNPS7700-CU RT CPU Fam4 GB KST DII800 MemoryWinXP ProNVIDIA VCG8800GTX 768MB Primary Video Graphics Card21

Thanks Dave:That makes FS just about as complete communication wise as for what one could wish. Great program.Any ideas on the repeated comm?Respectfully:RTH

Thanks again Dave:Glad to have the information that it is not just me, but an issue however so slim. Again certainly not a biggie for such a fine program.For what it is worth, I made this same post on your "own support forum" on July 25th. As fast as you usually reply I felt that it possibly got overlooked and gave this thread a try.Respectfully:RTH