Sign in to follow this  
Guest JimC1702

Need better landclass!

Ok, so I currently run Ultimate Terrain X, which nicely takes care of placing cities and even smaller towns where they belong. It does nothing to improve rural scenery, though. It doesn't improve the appearance of farmland, forests etc.So, some time ago, I also got the FS Genesis landclass. Unfortunately, it's not very good. Areas that are not very developed suddenly look like bustling metropolises, airports that should, according to Google Earth, be surrounded by farmland or forests, have big buildings around them. Also, it hasn't been updated in well over a year.So, I was wondering, is there any other landclass that produces accurate results over the US? Preferably something that can be "sandwiched" with the UT landclass for cities. However, if cities are depicted just as accurately as in the UT landclass, I suppose I could just disable the landclass part of UT.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest JimC1702

You can try Scenery Tech or Cloud 9 landclasses. I have all three and they each have their strengths and weaknesses. For me, in the northeast, I prefer FS Genesis. You can install all three into the Scenery Library, sandwiched with UT, and just the select the one you want to use or change on the fly.JimDell XPS 420 Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3.0 ghz3 gb dual channel 800 mhz DDR2 RAM512 mb nvidia 8800GT500 gb SATA drive 7200 rpmSoundblaster X-Fi Xtreme Music22" Acer widescreen LCDWindows Vista Home Premium

Guest JIMJAM

These all help with the BIG picture but I bought Instant Scenery so I can place specific building such as hangers,hospitals ect at my home city where they should be.But even with UTX and landclass, other than the rivers and airports, You just have too accept it for what it is.Once you have seen Megascenery, its makes it REALLY hard go back.

Guest JimC1702

You might also try turning off the UTX urban landclass. In my experience it turned small villages into cities, and small adjoining cities into one huge metropolitan area.JimDell XPS 420 Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3.0 ghz3 gb dual channel 800 mhz DDR2 RAM512 mb nvidia 8800GT500 gb SATA drive 7200 rpmSoundblaster X-Fi Xtreme Music22" Acer widescreen LCDWindows Vista Home Premium