Sign in to follow this  
Gdavis0101

A2A Boeing 377 Stratocruiser

hi,yes, this aircraft is fantastic. What a great package, everything is simulated. No place for mistakes, you have to fly by the book and that is what makes this aircraft so fascinating. The flight engineer who monitors the systems and talks to you is so cool. It reminds me of the good old times when I used to fly on 4 guy crew operated aircraft (except for the good jokes and stories that we used to share on long distance flights).The textures are so crisp and are by no means FPS killers .It is good to know that an upgrade is in progress though I don't see what can be improved, maybe a pretty female flight attendant with a good cup of coffee... :(

Old thread, but ...I bought the 377, and I enjoy it immensely: it has great atmosphere, it forces you to pay attention to details, and so on, as many others have already pointed out here and elsewhere.As for impact on my system ... nothing noticeable. I run Vista 64-bit on a Q9550 with 8 Gb RAM and a 9800 GT, and I have no problems with the 377.

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

Guest wintercon

I own the B377 Stratocruiser as well and when I ever first saw it, I looked at it and said...hm...it looks weird..never said ugly..but after looking at it and looking at it in detail from the front and different angles I actually said: Wow this is 1 nice of an airplane.Not just from the developers but also just from the nature of the airplane.The detail of the airplane for what A2A did was allready enough a WOW Factor,from the 3D lights which bring the glory to its full shine in a foggy situation.Simply a beauty!It is very frame rate friendly and actually running as smooth or smoother then stock airplanes. Compared to my CLS 747 it is running very smooth and on a steady framerate.The only 1 big problem is with this airplane is........the difficulty of flying the airplane,me and my friend who are living in the same house we watch it take off,getting the overheat message and 5 minutes later landing it or crashing it in the ground.I am honestly I did not read the manual so much which seems to be a mistake,but will do if I have a free day,lol.All in all I just can Recommend this piece of astonishing software.What a plane!

I see that many of the B377 simmers encounter the same problems -> flying the airplane :( In my opinion this is one of the greatest achievements of A2A to model an airplane which is far from the standard 'push the throttle and rotate after a while' flying. It gives a much closer feeling to the what's and whereabouts of a vintage propliner than anything else that I have seen so far. Yes, wintercon, you might definitely have a closer look at the manuals. but I assure you that you will not cease flying this incredible bird so quickly once you got grip onto it. I for myself can say that this is one of the only few A/C that I regularly take out of the hangar for some fun flying to tricky airports. You really need to properly prepare your flight .... :( Something that I was used to do for the last almost 40 years of my life and I'm happy to continue that in a certain way in my office chair now .. :( ... with much fun I can assure you.Oskar

Guest wintercon
I see that many of the B377 simmers encounter the same problems -> flying the airplane :( In my opinion this is one of the greatest achievements of A2A to model an airplane which is far from the standard 'push the throttle and rotate after a while' flying. It gives a much closer feeling to the what's and whereabouts of a vintage propliner than anything else that I have seen so far. Yes, wintercon, you might definitely have a closer look at the manuals. but I assure you that you will not cease flying this incredible bird so quickly once you got grip onto it. I for myself can say that this is one of the only few A/C that I regularly take out of the hangar for some fun flying to tricky airports. You really need to properly prepare your flight .... :( Something that I was used to do for the last almost 40 years of my life and I'm happy to continue that in a certain way in my office chair now .. :( ... with much fun I can assure you.Oskar
You got a good point,I mean I bought knowing it will be hard to fly but want to fly a bird with the interaction you get from flying the B377. It is a very good looking airplane,the shape looks kinda like a deformed blimp but nonetheless it is a must fly.Once I get to know as of how to fly that baby correctly I am sure I will have some serious fun with it.A2A have done a great job for sure.

hi,Can you imagine in real life seeing an aircraft sitting on a ramp, jumping into it and flying it without knowledge of it?In my opinion, if you can do that with a simulation, it prooves that that simulation is bad. When I first loaded the A2A B377, I knew I did not master the systems well enough to fly it. My goal was just to see the engines running. By the time I understood how to start one engine, I got a low battery... Then I started the APU, was able to start the engines only to see them caught fire... . Don't think it's daunting, it's fascinating! Now I can fly the bird, cautiously...

hi,Can you imagine in real life seeing an aircraft sitting on a ramp, jumping into it and flying it without knowledge of it?In my opinion, if you can do that with a simulation, it prooves that that simulation is bad. When I first loaded the A2A B377, I knew I did not master the systems well enough to fly it. My goal was just to see the engines running. By the time I understood how to start one engine, I got a low battery... Then I started the APU, was able to start the engines only to see them caught fire... . Don't think it's daunting, it's fascinating! Now I can fly the bird, cautiously...
Well, I think you got it to the point! And this is in my opinion one of the major achievements of A2A (admittently among others ...) to definitely turn FSX into a SIMULATION rather than just use it as a game with nice aircraft. I wish Microsoft would get that point too and realize that MSFS has the capability of not only entertaining but also teaching the willing simmer to quite an extent (provided the add-ons have the in-depth to do so...)Nevertheless it must of course also be said that by far not all simmers have the same dedication to complex A/C and still take the easiest way to get an aircraft airborne. However the presence of such aircraft like the B377 and now also the P47 Razorback give many simmers the opportunity to make a step ahead into the world of simulation. Not a bad thing at all.... :( Oskar

Hey,to not start a new topic I will post my question here. I had read that the impact on the FPS by the A2A Stratocruiser is compareable to the default Boeing 747. Is that right? I mean I can fly the default Boeing 747 with smooth 25 FPS, it would be great if the Stratocruiser would have the same FPS impact.What is your experience regarding that?

Hey,to not start a new topic I will post my question here. I had read that the impact on the FPS by the A2A Stratocruiser is compareable to the default Boeing 747. Is that right? I mean I can fly the default Boeing 747 with smooth 25 FPS, it would be great if the Stratocruiser would have the same FPS impact.What is your experience regarding that?
Hi,Don't worry, The B377 is FPS friendly. It works great on my old computer.This aircraft is one of the best for FSX.

Hi,Don't worry, The B377 is FPS friendly. It works great on my old computer.This aircraft is one of the best for FSX.
Just bought the B377 with the Accusim, what a great piece of an aircraft. Great performance and very intense in commanding the aircraft.Happy new year to you all!