Sign in to follow this  
scoob

Wilco/Feelthere Citation X and Legacy Problems

x( A while back I purchased Citation X from Wilco/Feelthere - nice model, reasonble frame rates but everytime I go to bank manually (as opposed to a/p where problem does not occur), pitch or turn when taxiing, I have some major stutters and frame rate drop. I tried to get some sense out of Wilco support but repilies were sparse to say the least. Thinking it might be just this particular model and having a generous (or is that stupid?) disposition - and once again liking the look of their Legacy, I bought that and lo...yes there it was again: major stutters on banking and pitching with FPS going from around 25-30 to 11-13.When the suggestion from support was that this might be something to do with having a 64bit OS, I tried it on my other drive (an XP 32bit drive) only to find the problem was worse. Is there a fix that anyone knows of please? Now I should just add that I have had the thing work OK on one or two occasions which confuses the matter even further - on one occasion everything started to work better when I uninstalled Visual Studio 2005++C which is the very opposite of expectations when you look at Wilco support's advice on the website (sometimes problems occur when this is not sufficinetly updated). Does anyone else out there experience these problems? Is there a software genius out there that can help me out with this because I can't fathom what is going on at all?Thanks in hope and anticipationNeil GardnerSystem:OS - Vista 64bitCPU- Core Duo 6600 (overclocked to get just over 3ghz each core)GC - Nvidia GTS 8800 320RAM - 4Gig

I have both the legacy and 737 pic and have never noticed the problem. Running on XP32 bit. Download memstatus and watch your video memory and see what happens. I replaced my 320 meg card with a 512 because it was maxing out. With that 320 meg card you really only have 300 meg avalible, and sometimes it will reach its limits and that may be when these stuttters occur.

Thanks for the reply,to be fair the problem is not half as bad with the Legacy as with the Citation which occasionally is quite ridiculous. The other problem with the Legacy, which in my haste to bleat about stutters I forgot to mention, is that whenever I exit a flight it crashes the FSX to desktop.

Guest fsxmissionguy

I can't offer you a fix, but I can tell you that FSX taxes your computer more when you are banking than when you are not.What I would suggest is that you set all sliders to the left, and then fly your aircraft around. Note the FPSs and whether you are getting stuttering. (In this way, you can determine if it is the aircraft causing the stuttering, or the sim itself. If it is the add-on aircraft, you will still get stuttering even with all sliders set to their lowest setting.)If you like, I can upload a saved flight that I use when testing specific aircraft for performance. This loads the aircraft in flight at sea, 1000 miles from all scenery. Combined with a settings configuration file that has all settings at the lowest possible settings, I have a nice framework to test how much performance a particular aircraft "costs" by comparing it to the default Trike. In this way, you can make comparisions amongst add-on aircraft to see which performs better.My experience has been that stutters occur more often when you ask FSX to draw lots of autogen. This occurs more during banking, when more autogen is required to be drawn. You might want to experiment some with reducing your sliders to see if there's a happy medium between performance and appearance.Cheers,

thanks for the reply;Your right of course. The trouble is that suspecting that this was just a hardware overburden problem I did just what you suggested and moved the sliders to the left. It did make a bit of difference but not a great deal - I still stuttered where I get nothing near as bad from models like the PMDG 747 when teh sliders are on DENSE/DENSE, this is what leads me to think that this is a bug. But then if it is it seems like I'm the only one who is experiencing it.Thanks for getting backNeil G

Neil G:try reducing the gauge refresh rates using the configurator. there is one for the legacy and another for the CX. you can also adjust how the PFD etc screens fonts are resolved.all the above will reduce processor load.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Guest kch42

I have a similar system as you.Vista Home Premium x64Q6600GF8800GT 5124GB PC6400At least several months ago(maybe late last year) I purchased the Citation X for FSX. I didn't look closely at the system requirements which did state that it was for 32bit OSs. I was unable to install the package as it would crash(can't remember the exact error). When I contacted customer support they said that it was incompatible with x64 versions of Windows. I tried to get a refund since I was unable to use it but they denied me.It seems like you were somehow able to install it on your x64 version of Vista. I'd really like to know how you were able to do this. Is there some kind of workaround or did they update the software to be more compatible with 64bit?

Revd:I too have run into the CTD with Legacy and CitationX try what they suggest in the front page I got his e-mail from them when i reported the fault. Not that it is something new, nor was I satisfied ,since I already had done this. I don't consider this support of copying and pastying what they have already written:

In order to avoid Crash To Desktop (CTD) when using FS add-ons or other software under Windows Vista/7/8, they must be installed under full administrator rights. VERY IMPORTANT : be sure to give full rights to your complete folder (Flight Simulator or other).
Consult your Windows Vista/7/8 documentation or your system administrator to find out how to configure these settings or look at our SUPPORT page.

* Under Windows Vista/7/8, make sure to run the installation with full Administrator rights by right-clicking on the application file and selecting the "As Administrator" feature.

* At the first add-on installation, make sure to accept the DLL Warning after the aircraft selection.
Without that, instruments won't be displayed.

* Using a 64bits Operating Systems, the installer can't find the Flight Simulator folder.
Your Flight Simulator is probably located into a folder called "Programsx86" which is probably not what the installer is looking for.
During the installation process, simply browse the installer to this folder.
Once done, be sure to follow the Windows 7/Vista procedure as explained above on this page.

* Under FSX, we recommend to load the aircraft under the 2D mode and then to switch to 3D mode (Virtual Cockpit).

* We recommend to disable any anti-virus software during the installation process. Our files have been successfully scanned by the latest anti-virus software.

* Please refer to our SUPPORT page for Windows 64 bits OS compatibility.
Although they may work, we do not support the use of our add-ons under Windows XP 64 or Vista 64.

* Windows 8 compatibility. More information are now displayed on our homepage. The installation procedure is the same as under Windows 7.

5 yr old thread revival..., nice!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Hope it Works for you. I have had these products since 2008 and only now I get this reply which I sharre with you.

It hasn't solved all my issues witht either of them like the behaviour of the FA; I might as well pay her in Rubles :lol:

Berlopez