Sign in to follow this  
Guest DanWalloch

No Glideslope for Telluride (KTEX) ?

Guest TonyPiech

I'm flying into Telluridide, CO (KTEX), onto runway 09 in the stock Learjet. Runway 09 has an ILS with a Nav Localizer at 109.30, my Nav signal is beeping away but I'm not seeing a vertical glidescope indicator on my HSI? To check what's going/not going on I decide to activate the visual glidescope aid, all it shows is wonderful rectangles lined-up with the runway but no descending glideslope? Am I missing something or is something amiss with FSX?Tony

Guest DanWalloch

TEX doesn't have an ILS, just a Localizer and VOR-A Approach.You activated the visual glideslope aid??? The VASIs should be on by default being that this is FS.

Guest TonyPiech

Dan,It's that Visual Flight Path aide in the Aircraft submenu.Looking at the airport information on the FSX map, shows an ILS for runway 09, guess I'm mistaken, confused or both???

Guest DanWalloch

>Dan,>It's that Visual Flight Path aide in the Aircraft submenu.>Looking at the airport information on the FSX map, shows an>ILS for runway 09, guess I'm mistaken, confused or both???Oh, you mean the boxes. FSX is wrong if the approach is listed as an ILS as there is only a Localizer and VOR-A into the real airport.

"I'm mistaken, confused or both???"Full ILS airports include localizer and glide slope.Localizer airports do not include the glide slope vertical component.There are a loooottt more airports with localizer approaches than full ILS approaches in the real and sim worlds.:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest byoungblood

Even an AF-D will refer to a localizer as an ILS. However it will include the note "LOC Only" if this is the case. Looking at the IAP, this is actually an LDA approach, the localizer is not aligned with the runway due to terrain.

I think technically, FAA does not consider this "LDA" but it is offset. True LOC bearing is 101.90 runway centerline is 104.90. This per the FAA "TERPS":902. ALIGNMENT. Localizers which are alignedwithin 3

Guest fsxmissionguy

You didn't really say if you were flying into Telluride in Free Flight or not ... so I'll just mention that there is a beginner mission based on this airport.It's called - wait for it - "Telluride Landing." Filter on Beginner or Pilot for Hire missions.Cheers,

Guest DanWalloch

>You didn't really say if you were flying into Telluride in>Free Flight or not ... so I'll just mention that there is a>beginner mission based on this airport.>>It's called - wait for it - "Telluride Landing." Filter on>Beginner or Pilot for Hire missions.>>Cheers,> Wait for it, Wait for it....What would it matter?Leg..en...dary